main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did Boba Fett die?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by ChissMan, Aug 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChissMan

ChissMan Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2000
    If so, when? I read a few different things, like he died in the Sarlacc pit, but then in the Bounty Hunter Wars (aweful aweful books) didnt he survive that? Did he die and if so when/where what book?

2. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    To the best of my knowledge, Fett was still alive and kicking by the end of the YJK series. He escaped the Sarlac and has made appearances since then.

3. jastermereel

jastermereel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 1998
    No...he did not die......he survived the sarlacc and escaped in the short story A Barve Like That...appearing in Tales from Jabba's Palace.........he survived a great deal longer...appearing in further adventures with his final appearance, unless i am mistaken that is, being the excelent short story Last One Standing which appears in Tales of the Bounty Hunters and illustrates his EU origin as Journeyman Protector Jaster Mereel (Thatsa ME!) on the planet of Concord Dawn, and concludes with...well...i'll let you read that for yourself...it is a wonderful short story after all......but, in short, it does not kill him...not obviously anyway...and again...unless i am mistaken...he has not been seen since......

Nobody but nobody, is to bring up that mayor in Vector Prime nonsence lest they want me to get midevil on {my apologize to our viewers...this writer has just seen Pulp Fiction and was going to be vulgar considering which word appears 271 times in that movie even if that isn't the word this long bracketed rant appears overtop......we now return you to your regularly scheduled program}......that rumor was started, unless i am mistaken, on this very board by DL himself......and holds no relevance to this serious question......thank you...and good night...

4. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    Fett died on Sernpidal

5. ChissMan

ChissMan Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2000
    Could old Boba make an appearance in NJO? I mean, if he wasn't too old during the Trilogy, maybe 10 years older than Luke, he could still be around...and what was with that old mayor in Vector Prime? I forget what he was all about, but I just remembe rhim being weird. what was it that was speculated about him? H ewas Boba Fett?

6. jastermereel

Aug 19, 1998
    Actualy...upon further research...i shall correct myself...LOS took place 19 Years ABY, with Junior and Young Jedi Knights ranging from 3-5 years after that still......personaly though...i still see LOS as his last appearance so far...just as i personaly belive that GoDV and its ilk presently does not, has not, and will not exist in our, or any other universe, parralel or otherwise......or at least...they shouldn't...

7. jastermereel

Aug 19, 1998
    In refrence to a NJO Fett......while he is, has been, and always will be the galaxy's utmost bounty hunter...he'll be around 57 durring the NJO......this isn't to say that he's out of action, but simply that i doubt it......and there is absolutely NO evidence that he could possibly be in it so far......that mayor {bleep} is absoulte {bleep} with no {bleep} bearing on reality...GFFA or our own...STOP THE MADNESS PEOPLE!...BTW...isn't luke around 45 or something now?

8. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    YJKs range from 19-20 years after Yavin. Boba Fett is aprox. 57-58 then.

9. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    What DL said.

10. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Fett did nott die at Serpindal!!!!! That dude was short Fett wasnet

11. ChissMan

ChissMan Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2000
    Well..wouldn't it be cool if he sorta made a short cameo in NJO?

12. Darth Ludicrous

Jun 25, 2000
    Fett was short

13. Traders_Luck

Traders_Luck Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 7, 2001
    "10 years older than Luke"

no he is 16 years older than luke

"YJKs range from 19-20 years after Yavin. Boba Fett is aprox. 57-58 then."

if it takes place in 19-20 aby then he would be about 54

on year 0 fett was 34 years old

14. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    Fett was too short to be a Stormtrooper, so they booted him out.

15. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    You know what's ironic? Salvatore came up with Sernpidal, and now he's writing about Boba Fett in the Attack of the Clones novelization. :)

16. Major_Derek_Klivian

Major_Derek_Klivian Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 22, 2001
    Although in EU Fett survived, for OT hardliners he is dead. So Fett is dead, at least...."From a certain point of view." That's all one can say.

17. lejmar_faldor_uk

lejmar_faldor_uk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 20, 2000
    He's not dead, I met him myself in march, nice bloke!

18. BobaFett0000

BobaFett0000 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2001
    What's with that idiot Darth Ludicrous!!???
    He thinks that Boba died at Sernpidal. He did NOT die!!!!!!! He is still alive. The only way he's ever gonna die is of old age.
    Fett survived the Sarlacc. Anyone who likes Star Wars knows that Fett was rescued from the Sarlacc by Dengar. And he didn't die on Sernpidal either.

19. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Anyone that knows the whole history of star wars knows that fett fell into the sarlacc 3 times(2 times after battle of endor), and escaped each time, before finally blowing the thing up, with explosives(he was majorly POed at the thing).

20. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    Uh, BobaFett...calm down. That "idiot" is an admin for the JC.

21. jastermereel

Aug 19, 1998
    He didn't die regardless of what OT hardliners say......if what they say goes...then Chewie is still hanging about with Han still dancing on endor as Lucas has told of nothing even directly following it......they would have to claim that they are eternaly stuck dancing with ewoks until the end of time...

WildKarde...come May you may be eating your words about his stature......while he may be diminutive...too short for a stormtrooper is almost oxymoronic......i shant say more for those who wish to avoid spoilers...

Sturm Antilles...let BobaFett0000 say as he wishes to DL...DL may administrate...but he still posts here...and thats how he is being attacked...not as an admin...but as a fellow poster...after all...its a dual role he plays.........heck...i wish i didn't have the restraint i do otherwise i would have gone after DL for that moronic serpintal thing he started long ago......the confusion its caused is seemingly boundless......even now people continue to pass the stupidity off as true to those who don't know any better.........if i had a time machine...forget preventing any assassinations...or global wars...i'd just prevent DL from starting this nonsense...

Fett is alive and well until explicitly and OFFICIALY said otherwise...careless admins or not...

22. Darth Ludicrous

Jun 25, 2000
    I will find a way to get that published, even if it means Tales.

23. Jedi_Master_Carr

Jedi_Master_Carr Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 10, 2001
    Boba Fett is still alive but just hasn't appeared recently. I think it has to do with the fact LFL don't want to reveal too much about his character because of EP2. Still he could be in a future novel maybe to even plug the new movie and down the road they could bring his past into the books.

24. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    DL...
    "I will find a way to get that published, even if it means Tales."

Ya know, precedent is on your side. Gonk has ascended his place in delusional cultish fandom and has made it into several official references, the most recent being Burtt's latest book.

Keep up the fight and Boba Fett's "final" death may very well be Sernpidal.

25. LanceJade

LanceJade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2001
    That would be perfect irony... and a darn good ending to a cool character.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.