main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did Vader forget to deactivate the Droid Army?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by ObiJuanQuito, May 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AUSSIETROOPER20

AUSSIETROOPER20 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2004
    I too noticed the holograms showing the droids fighting still when obi-wan fought vader in the control room, and vader only noticed padme's ship arriving and was concertrating on her not the droids cause he knew the order to deactivate the droids could wait and perhaps planed to use the droids to kill palpatine, cause a sith apprentice always dyes to kill his master to be a sith master.

the droids still work, even during the duel on mustafar, we see some droids working making more droids, and the droids are a perfect way to destroy alot of clone pilots as we saw at the start.[face_skull]

2. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Anakin sent the signal and the Battle Droids were making their way back to Troop Carriers, the same ones from TPM.

3. poodookoo

poodookoo Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    Once more, from the OFFICIAL SITE DATABANK:

"Having achieved his objective of building a New Order in reaction to the threats posed by the Clone Wars, Sidious liquidated his allies. Darth Vader arrived on Mustafar and slaughtered the Separatist Council. He then ordered a command signal that shut down the battle droid military. The huge commerce entities that made up the Confederacy became the spoils of war, as the newfound Empire nationalized them and absorbed them into its growing war machine. "

When will it sink in, people?

4. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    But what about the droids in the holograms?

"Anakin sent the signal and the Battle Droids were making their way back to Troop Carriers, the same ones from TPM."

Deactivated droids can't make thier way back to anything, they just fall apart like seen in TPM.

5. Palpy560

Palpy560 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2005
    As I remember, Anakin sees Padme's ship and she lands. There is a gap of like 30 secons when she is in the ship all sad, then Anakin comes out.
    Vader: Deactivate the droid army
    Nemoidian: Yes my lord.
    Less than 30 seconds.

6. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    But there's droids in the holograms when him and Obi-Wan are fighting and they aren't deactivated.

Edit: Actually I don't think there are any droids, I believe it's all Republic/Empire stuff.

7. PrinceEspaaValorum

PrinceEspaaValorum Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    Battle droids were deactivated. The Droid Army. Not all droids.

8. poodookoo

Feb 24, 2004
    Dear God, please make it stop!

9. ObiJuanQuito

ObiJuanQuito Jedi Youngling star 5

May 20, 2005
    Battle droids still active..
    Look i see one right now outside my widow...

10. naturalmystic

naturalmystic Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2005
    Yes.

In the official ROTS movie Guide, pg.54 ,it states that Anakin finishes his transmission when he notices (sees) Padme's ship arriving.

11. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    There's three answers here.

-Lucas screwed up when he reshot the film, in 2004.
    -ILM screwed up.
    -The Droid Army, according to the novelization, were marching back to their troop transports to power down.

Pick one.

12. naturalmystic

naturalmystic Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2005
    To clarify, I meant NO instead of Yes.

Oops. My B.

"In the official ROTS movie Guide, pg.54 ,it states that Anakin finishes his transmission when he notices (sees) Padme's ship arriving."

13. jedi_jacks

jedi_jacks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2005
    this has nothing to do with this thread i know, but is there a board for the new star wars tv show? also, is there anything considered spoiler now?

14. darkscout36

darkscout36 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2005
    probably just a deleted scene, or as everyone else thinks, an overlook. It could be a deleted scene though.

15. AUSSIETROOPER20

AUSSIETROOPER20 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2004
    I say that the droids are still working, and might return in the tv seiers to be used as a decoy to fight the empire while bail creates the rebellion somehow.

16. poodookoo

Feb 24, 2004

You can 'say' it all you like, it's still not gonna happen, lad.
    You are in denial.

17. DarkerDonnieDarko

DarkerDonnieDarko Jedi Youngling

Oct 27, 2005
    Well...it would have been nice to see how this worked...it would have took what...ten seconds to just show the droids shutting down. I think we should have seen it.

18. OBIWAN-JR

OBIWAN-JR Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 25, 2002
    I think that seeing droids shut down at the pivotal moment of the pivotal movie in the Saga, would have been a foolish distraction from the real drama.

Vader is told to send a message to have the droids shut down.

Maybe some TF reps hadn't checked their answer machines yet....

:p

Bottom line is, it just doesn't matter.

-JR :)

19. DarkerDonnieDarko

Oct 27, 2005
    Maybe to you it doesn't.
    It would have been cool,not a distraction. Seeing the droids power down across the galaxy would have been neat...and thus would have avoided questions like the one posed in this thread.
    It does matter. There was time to see Lucas's son cut up some clones...they could have made time for this.

20. R2_Did_Who

R2_Did_Who Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2005
    Well his son got punked too, which was sweet, so no worries

21. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Did we really need to see this happen? There were no droid armies in the OT which implies Anakin took care of it. And for those who think it would have been nice to see it, watch the end of The Phantom Menace to see how that looks.

22. DarkerDonnieDarko

Oct 27, 2005
    We needed to see it..and my dad said I could say that. Qwit beein meen to me!

23. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Well the droids drop their heads and Gungans are able to knock them over with a slight push. That's what it looks like.

24. DarkerDonnieDarko

Oct 27, 2005
    Cool. But whut does the super batle droids looked like when they are deaktivaated?

25. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    I would think the same as the battledroids - heads drop, arms fall to the side. Look at the arena when Dooku handles them through the Force.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.