main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DIGITAL LLAMA RADIO #6

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Azeem, Mar 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Comyn

Master_Comyn Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2000
    And as the light begins to dim, so do the hopes of all the little llamas resisting the Southern Baptism of the Wasta Llama. And there arose a great cry in the land for a saviour to liberate them from their enemies. And BEHOLD! There will arise another llama, greater than any seen before and more powerful than any that will ever be. And you will call him

MASTER COMYN!!!!

2. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    Brotha Comyn, I'm sure that if the Rev'rend Wasta were here, he would'a brand you a HERITIC!

Get behind me, oh Satan!

Parishener Films

3. Master_Comyn

Nov 17, 2000
    Fellow llamas, hear my plea! This new movement is not of the LLAMA! Do NOT be pulled in by it's spiritualistic aura! The Almighty Llama once said,

"Test every llama whom you meet. If their name begins with W, ends with A, and has the letters A S T somewhere inbetween, SHUN THIS LLAMA! For he is the enemy. Yes, a camel in disguise. And a bird will be his right hand man."

My friends, compare this movement to the most Holy Llama leafs! The Almighty Llama is all you'll ever need. You won't need the guidance of this evil named Wasta. Hear my words, and repent! For the kingdom of the Llama is at hand!!!

4. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    But Brotha Comyn, we do not feed on the words of the Almighty Llama alone, but on the little scraps of food that Rev'rend Wasta gives us!

Come back into the fold, Brotha Coymn, before you are swept away by some, cult, or something.

Parishoner Films

5. Master_Comyn

Nov 17, 2000
    YOU are the cult! That WASTA guy is the CULT!!! Do not secede from your roots!!!

6. DL_Wasta

DL_Wasta Jedi Youngling

Jan 10, 2002
    <a presence fills the room, then takes the shape of a man in white llama wool robes>

Brother Comyn....

Poor Brother Comyn....

You have fallen from the light....

<sigh>

But there is HOPE for you, Brother Comyn! Follow the Light, I SAY follow the Light! For in the Great llama you shall be HEALED and the Blind will see! Sat HALLELUJAH, Brother Comyn! For in the Beginning, there was only cow. Then there was sheep.

But in the Good Llama's wisdom, He was DELIVERED unto us! I sAY he was DELIVERED unto us! Throw up your hands and say HALLELUJAH!

You speak of a Satan? I say NAY unto you, NAY! The real threat..I say the REAL THREAT, amen, is Kevin Bacon. I say the truth now, the word of the Llama is channeled through me! Everyone always asks "How does Kevin Bacon fit into all of this?". I say unto you it is BLASPHEMY! For no one asks how the Llama fits into all this! And for that, they will grave in the fields with the cattle and never enjoy the pristine pastures of the Llama.

Can I get someone to testify?

-Reverend Wasta

7. AdmiralMowk

AdmiralMowk Jedi Master star 2

Jan 13, 2002
    I would like nothing more than to testify against the dreaded Kevin Bacon.

If I am ever forced to sit through "Footloose," the movie OR the musical again, I will definitely go insane.

So preach on, Reverend! Preach the word against the corrupt star of "She's Having A Baby."

Peace Out,

Mark "The Admiral" Rosenthal

PS- Oh yeah...I'm all about the whole Llama thing he said to stay semi-on-topic.

8. Master_Comyn

Nov 17, 2000
    Okay, you guys are gettin' kinda creepy now....

;)

9. Anonymous_Jedi

Anonymous_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    (For all of those that were in the chat with Chris and me yesterday, you'll get this.)

I'm kinda scared now about the next one :p

EDIT: Scared about what may be in the next DLR :p

10. Master_Comyn

Nov 17, 2000
    It must've been earlier than last night, cause I'm thinkin' :confused:

11. Nathan PTH

Nathan PTH Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2000
    Afraid of DLR 7? Whatever for?

And, shameless plug time: If you guys are interested in more of Chris' amusing takes on things, we did an interview with him ages back for Second Strike, and we're in the midsts of a seocnd one with him for the site as well. If you want to read the old one, it's at http://www.starwarz.com/timeline/2s/chint.html for the moment.

12. DL_Wasta

DL_Wasta Jedi Youngling

Jan 10, 2002
    Thank you, Brother Admiral. It's always a relief to see the military as a spiritual force, helping to guide us.

As for you, Brother Comyn, you need NOT be afraid. I SAID you need NOT be afraid! For as it says in the Book of Llama "Lo, I may walk into the pasture of the shadow of Footloose, I shall fear no Kevin Bacon". Do you SEE what the LLAMA is trying to say to you, Brother? You need not be afraid of the Light. You NEED NOT FEAR the Light! The Light will guide you HOME! The Light is of the Llama! Come into the fold, Brother Comyn. We await your return with open arms.

"I'm not obstructing traffic, I'm preaching for the LORD!"

-Reverend Wasta

13. AdmiralMowk

Jan 13, 2002
    Preach on Reverend Wasta!

Peace Out,

14. Anonymous_Jedi

Apr 4, 2001
    Ok, you guys can stop that now, it does actually offend people [face_plain]

15. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    Eh, don't worry about it, A.J. Given that the classic superheroes thread was locked for just this sort of off-topic nonsense, I'm betting this one will be closed soon enough, unless it returns to topic.

16. DL_Wasta

DL_Wasta Jedi Youngling

Jan 10, 2002
    <the views expressed in this post do not reflect the views of any other Llamas....or badgers for that matter>

In today's politically correct "that hurt my feelings and so should be persecuted" world, people are one day going to wake up and realize that not everything can and will be moderated for their protection. I'm sorry if you take your faith so tightly that someone can't poke fun at it. I'm sorry if you get offended by people enjoying themselves. But these are words on a screen, and a lot more than this can and will hurt you in your life. Suck it up, get thicker skin, move on. The big boys play in the real world. No diapers or baby bottles allowed.

I'll now watch as I get flamed to hell (or hades, or the underworld, or whatever) and this thread is most likely closed down as someone whines. But please remember one day you'll remember this post when someone, somewhere, wouldn't tolerate your thin skinned crying anymore.

-Wasta

17. Anonymous_Jedi

Apr 4, 2001
    I'm sorry if you take your faith so tightly that someone can't poke fun at it.

I believe that it's improper to do so.

The big boys play in the real world. No diapers or baby bottles allowed.

So I'm a baby? Heh.

But please remember one day you'll remember this post when someone, somewhere, wouldn't tolerate your thin skinned crying anymore.

Ever heard of practicing what you preach? I try not to offend people.

18. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    He wasn't "crying." He was stating a fact politely. He could just as easly have told you that your rantings had leaped into the bounds of the kind of off-topic immaturity that would've made *Mark* keel over.

If this were *any* other thread than one about DLR (or any other "bigname" around here), it would have been locked a dozen posts ago for how amazingly off-topic it has gotten. As Daft is fond of saying, this is a fan film forum, not a chatroom.

Whether it was proper for you to poke fun at a religion or for him to respond as he did is irrelevant. The topic is not one suited for the board in any event.

19. AdmiralMowk

Jan 13, 2002
    I am going to have to agree with Wasta on this one. There may have been some ribbing on organized religion, but in this day in age, is that something to get up in arms about? People are dying in the Middle East, Dubya is ready to nuke the world, and someone is a little angry that religion has been the subject of a joke? I hate to tell you people, but the words spoken in this thread that may or may not have "bashed" religion are alot more kind spoken than almost EVERYTHING in the real world. Watch TV, see a movie, go to a comedy club, and 9 times out of 10 there is someone claiming God is dead or that the Pope is old and senile, but these aren't personal attacks on any one person, except maybe the Pope. This is freedom of speech. Even after 9/11, I think freedom of speech, especially expressed in the form of humor, is not only a great thing, but a necessary thing. Too many people tend to take themselves far too seriously these days. And it's not like the posts in question could be taken seriously. Kevin Bacon is hardly an evil on par with Satan, although "Footloose" would argue otherwise. Wasta was having some fun, making a few jokes, which I thought were freaking hilarious. Granted, he may have been a bit harsh in his response to Anonymous Jedi, but he had a point. People are mean spirited, and if something as trivial as Wasta making a few Brother Love Traveling Salvation "Holy Holy" evangelical jokes is offensive, than I would hate to hear what you think of Monty Python. "Life Of Brian" was blasphemous beyond belief, poking fun at everyone. That movie made these last couple of posts look like such lightweight fare as "Keeping The Faith."

But I've rambled on long enough. I'll sit here and take whatever is thrown at me, and I'll listen to what you have to say. But nothing, NOTHING, is going to stop people from saying what they want short of the Hand Of God himself smiting them.

And even that might be scoffed at by someone.

Peace Out,

20. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    ::chuckle::

This reminds me of that old Ratings and Violence thread. Which mod wants to explain the whole registering and TOS regs *this* time? D's not around anymore.

EDIT: This has strayed just too far off topic now

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.