main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Birm, AL Dinner and a Movie featuring "The Simpsons Movie"

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Bors_Kaegel, Jul 3, 2007.

1. Bors_Kaegel

Bors_Kaegel Jedi Master star 1

Jan 29, 2002
    What: The Star Wars Dinner and a Movie Series featuring The Simpsons Movie with dinner afterwards

When: July the 28th at the 7pm showing (tentative pending discovery of showtimes).

Where: Patton Creek Rave, 4450 Creekside Road Hoover, AL 35244

Dinner: Normally we go with the regulars which are MacAnnally's and O'Charlie's. But if anyone has a suggestion of something they would like to try then just let me know.

Parental Note: This is The Simpsons Movie and so you probably know what you're getting. Lots of crude humor and some mild language but probably nothing too horrible.

- - - - - - -

Come on out and meet your fellow Birmingham fans from the Alabama Star Wars Syndicate! (SWS Forum Event Topic)

2. Jannae

Jannae Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2002
    Should be a lot of fun.

Don't be shy Birmingham area fans, come meet the crew from the Syndicate!

3. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    Yes, be sure come out and join us, y'all! We're really a fun group, and always enjoy meeting new people. :)

4. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    Sounds like fun! Glad to see there's some life in Alabama!

5. Bors_Kaegel

Jan 29, 2002
    Thanks for the warm welcome, Hama.

Some of you guys may know our group. We have been around quite a while, and after much consideration among our Officers and some very helpful chatting between Hama and myself, we've decided to help out both or organizations (Syndicate and FanForce) by joining Forces and pledging our fan power behind FanForce!

I thank you for the understanding, and hope this new FanForce will see this forum spark back up with activity.

6. Jon-el_Dayspring

Jon-el_Dayspring Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2007
    WOOHOO!!! I'm so glad we're here with our TF.N brothers and sisters at last!!!

And yes, there is TONS of life in Alabama! Where else can you find a Stormtrooper in overalls, Padme' in a denim dress?!

lol, just kidding... ;-)

7. Bors_Kaegel

Jan 29, 2002
    Well, I do have armor now... *ideas* [face_dancing]

8. Jannae

Jannae Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2002
    Oh my.. well, if we're going down the Southern road, guess I'll need to find a "Bear Bryant" hat for Selk's Adm. Ackbar! LOL.

9. _LadyVader_

_LadyVader_ Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2005
    LOL...

Good to be back on the FanForce forums again...:)

10. Agent_Kenobi

Agent_Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Jul 6, 2007
    I did not mean to give you any ideas! LOL

oh yeah, I changed my name to my standard handle... hehehe

11. Bors_Kaegel

Jan 29, 2002
    And rob me of my chance to debase myself in the name of the Empire? C'mon... [face_worried]

12. _LadyVader_

Mar 13, 2005
    Looking forward to tonight!!!

13. Bors_Kaegel

Jan 29, 2002
    Success!

We enjoyed the Simpsons movie, followed by an excellent dinner at the SUMO Japanese restaurant at Patton Creek. The discussion afterwards was engaging and typical of our club. (I had to try hard not to spoil a lot of Expanded Universe material that I had read for the less-EU versed in the party!)

I will post up some linked pictures as soon as we get them online. :)

14. _LadyVader_

Mar 13, 2005
    I had fun guys! I'm glad that SUMO was a success with everyone. I really like the change to saturday...it seems like more people are able to come. ^^

15. Jannae

Jannae Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2002
    I agree, Saturday is much more laid back than the rush to the theater on Fridays after work on the other side of town.

Sumo was a great suggestion for dinner. We were able to linger a little while after we finished eating, till they started giving us the "you go now!" look. :oops:

16. Bors_Kaegel

Jan 29, 2002
    As promised, pics!

[image=http://forums.swsyndicate.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10045/normal_Giggedy_1.jpg]

Click for the full gallery!

Pictured are, from left to right: Roger (predator), Kevin (Bors Kaegel.. giggity.), Josh (MasterMispar), Kristina (Ladyvader), and our very own Cole, known for his uncanny resemblance to Hugh Jackman.

Not pictured are Cindy (Jannae) and Jerry (Selk, and cameraman.)

17. Agent_Kenobi

Agent_Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Jul 6, 2007
    Sounds like you guys had a great time! Sorry I couldn't make it, but duty comes before pleasure. I spent my evening fighting with a seriously whacked VPN setup that refused to connect, but in the end, 1337 'Squad skillz prevailed... lol ;-)