main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padu, KY DIO-RAMA CHECKLIST AND NEW STUFF TO TALK ABOUT

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by TK8049, Mar 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK8049

TK8049 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2006
    Do I need to bring R2 cooler to DIO-rama day,PV? TKYTROOPER, If Darth Tyranus gives Dark Inspiration to Darth Maul on speeder making his def. a 25 against adjacent enemies and a Gungan infantry attacks him and rolls a 20 + his attack +4 totalling 24.Is that a critical hit for the Gungan or does D.M.s def.negate it? Nardo and Sinistar...ah man SINISTAR was one of my fav.games too..Anyway I will bring the goods on Saturday. Let me know if you want any more figs. I got my money back on that LUKE SKYWALKER FORCE FX LIGHTSABER. Went TROOPIN yesterday in Barlow,KY.Nobody was out. I saw Natalie on David Letterman.Her new movie V FOR VENDETTA looks awsome as does Miss Portman herself.You know it does open at an IMAX too.(hint hint).Well thats all I got discuss among yourselves.

2. pacervader

pacervader Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    Hey, YES! I need R2, also, I cant get a truck Saturday and I was supposed to pick up that plywood and sawhorses from Lordtreygers parents place, does anyone have a truck? If not, I guess we will try and make it without it, Also, I need to get those ceiling tiles from Valhalla, if you read this pm me, my schedule's a little hairy tomorrow but I can try to pick them up or if you can drop those off at the library that would be awesome. Everything else is ready, and we have a ton of supplies ready. pv

3. Wil_Sinistar

Wil_Sinistar Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 18, 2006

Bring the goods that we previously discussed on Saturday and we will talk more business then. I will have your money. TK 8049 is my pusher. BTW Sinistar was an awesome game. Way better than asteroids.

4. TKYTROOPER

TKYTROOPER Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2005
    First off, yes a roll of 20 is automatically a critical hit even if it does not add up. I don't think I will be able to get a truck this weekend either. I don't know how we'll get R2 or plywood there. We may just have to settle for regular coolers and do something else for a "cutting table"

5. s_r_skywalker

s_r_skywalker Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2006
    pacervader here, TK8049 said he could fit R2 into his back seat so that shouldn't be a problem. I will ponder our issue with a cutting table and come up with something. pv

6. Valhalla

Valhalla Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 26, 2006
    PV,

I was planning on bringing them by the library Sat. morning. What time will people start showing. I have a truck. What do we need picked up from where? After unloading the tiles a couple of us can make a quick run. Lord Invar, I still have the Jabbas pipe and bowl. I also found the stand for it. I will leave it with PV if it's ok. The other things I listed for trade I will drop off for anyone interested. I'm sure somebody will take them home.

Valhalla

7. Valhalla

Jan 26, 2006
    What do you mean by a "cutting table" like a table saw, or just a table that can get messed up while cutting things on it.

8. LordINVAR

LordINVAR Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2002
    For a 'cutting table' - you will need a large or several large flat cardboard boxes to cut on since cutting matt is very expensive.

Most everyone building dioramas is going to need a space near them for cutting out shapes, foamcore etc. So a flattened box about the size of a Hasbro figure box might work for small cuttings each person will have to engage in, and a large flat box as big as can be obtained for cuting larger sheets of foamcore, etc.

I do not know if this was covered in your meeting last week, but these things are a must for each person engaged in building a diorama:

An Exacto knife and a box of #11 blades.

A triangle, metal ruler or long sturdy and clean straight edge.

pencils

A hot glue gun. Plenty of hot glue sticks.

Elmers glue

Super 77 Spray adhesive

Tapes : Electrical, masking and cellophane tape.

Acrylic paints & Brushes

Markers

Toothpicks

assorted plastic doo dads for detail.

Bandages for oopsies.

thin/small dowel rods

I'm assuming someone has obtained all the foamcore and black matte board already.

I will bring some corn starch for whomever is doing a Hoth scene. If anyone is doing an Endor scene (I think Trey said he wanted to do one) stopping at Hobby Lobby or Walmart Craft dept. to get some fescue for dried plants and other assorted 'green' or dried plant material for Endor's forest might be helpful.

We are going to need an area somewhere with a bunch of newspapers and a large box for spray adhesives and/or spraypaint.

Someone bring a boom box, I got the soundtracks. A box that can play MP3s on CD might be good - no interruptions to change the CD very often,

Later.

9. Valhalla

Jan 26, 2006
    The tiles I'm bringing could theoretically be used for cutting boards also (believe me there are plenty) and they are about 1.5ft by 2 ft.

10. pacervader

Jun 27, 2005
    Valhalla,

Thankyou for dropping those off and bringing your truck. We have a sheet of plywood and 2 sawhoses to use as a cutting table, to cut things on. Those are at Treys parent house off exit 7. I will call you abit later to set up a time. pv

11. Nardo

Nardo Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2006
    What time does D-Day start? Sinistar wanted to know, and therefore sent me to find out for his lazy butt. I thought it was 8, but wasn't sure.

12. Valhalla

Jan 26, 2006
    PV

I probly won't be home. Just IM me a time and I will be there. I'm still waiting authorization on your Yahoo.

13. pacervader

Jun 27, 2005
    8:30 or 9 am would be fine and 9:00am is also when D-day starts. pv

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.