main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Does anyone actually play SWCCG anymore?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Almoni, Jun 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterChiefYoda

JediMasterChiefYoda Jedi Master star 3

Aug 8, 2003
    I used to play, but then I enlisted in the navy and the guys I played with stopped while I was gone. So, I don't know anyone to play. Which is a shame, becasue I have a lethal RallOps deck and I wanna try a couple LS decks.

2. 10tacle

10tacle Jedi Youngling

Jan 12, 2005
    Hi,

I got to the game two years ago, at a time when no-one was playing it around here anymore. It´s really hard to find someone who is willing to learn a complex game and - even harder - has time to play from time to time.

No I belong to the ones that are working and having a familiy - so there´s only few time to play.

But I found a fine opportunity to play online.
    It´s a client for a huge amount of out-of-print TradingCardGames and a lot of others - and of course Star Wars CCG.
    It´s called gEngine and you find it at

www.CCG Workshop.com

Create an account, download the gEngine client (about 7MB) and you will have the opportunity to play Star Wars online!
    Download the images, create a deck, find another player [not too easy] and there you go.

And the best:

It´s FREE to play 10 games eyery month. If you want to play more games, the fee is really affordable.

Where´s the rub?
    Well, there are only cards from Premiere, ANH, Hoth, Hoth2Player and JediPack online yet. But by and by all other Expansions will follow. The handling of gEngine is easy.

Here´s a short guide to play Star Wars on gEngine that will help you with the handling:

Guide

[Forum entry 'SWCCG in-game features']

Thanks for reading.

See you soon on gEngine (hopefully),
    10tacle

3. Clone-Of-Kenobi

Clone-Of-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2005
    I used to play the old Decipher Star Wars CCG, but stopped for 2 reasons.

a)
    Decipher stopped making the game I played.

b)
    I felt that the game focused to much on Force draining and not enough on the "WARS" part of STAR WARS.

4. GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE

GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE Jedi Knight star 7

May 8, 2002
  5. Tredavi

Tredavi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    I still want to play but it seems its pretty bare bones. Im looking for playas in south central Illinois anyone out there?

6. JorakUln

JorakUln Jedi Grand Master star 1

May 23, 2005
    I have tons and tons of cards, even bought a "premiere" expansion the other day in a comic book store (they had about 6 left, I bought 3 of the last ones) but yeah I live in Chicago, for the guy who says he lives in Central IL. How far are you from there?

7. crushthedemoniac

crushthedemoniac Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2005
    I used to play it a LOT with my brother... We'd buy stuff together and then he'd get all the light side cards and I'd get all the dark side cards.
    Haven't played it for ages though and most of my cards have just been collecting dust, it's sad really. If only Decipher wouldn't have lost their license I'm sure a lot more people would be into this, I thought it was great and far superior to the WOTC game (but then WOTC have been known to ruin more things).

I think they should make a pc version of the game (either one you can play on your own against a computer opponent or one you can play online), like they did with magic: the gathering once.

8. Dagobah_Philosophy

Dagobah_Philosophy Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2005
    I play about twice a year or whenever I see my cousin. I pretty much stopped buying cards after the Death Star II set. People around my town used to have "Before Special Edition" tournaments, where the decks had to be cards before the Special Edition set, thus taking out Objective cards, which was nice to get back in the old game mood.

9. BosskMaul

BosskMaul Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2004
    SW CCG was one of the dominating factors of my life for years. I collected and played it for it's entire run, from the week it came out in December of 1995 to the winter of 2001 when they lost the license. I just broke out some of my cards earlier and got all misty, I must have invested thousands of dollars into that game, and if it was still around, I'd still be doing it.

I got one of those boxes that Toys R Us is carrying these days with several packs of SW CCG and Young Jedi for 10 bucks recently. Took me back a bit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.