main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cincin, OH *doing a happy dance*

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by LovelyLotus, Mar 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LovelyLotus

LovelyLotus Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 26, 2002
    Thanks guys for a really great evening! Our first meeting rocked, and I'm glad that it went really well. :D I'm so excited about the next meetings to come, and what we'll begin doing. Thanks for your support in coming to the meeting, and for the future meetings. (can you tell I like the word meetings?) This couldn't have gone more well, or been more fun!

Speaking for myself only, I couldn't have been luckier to meet a cooler group of people here in Cincinnati. You made this idea work and ran with it. I appeciate all that you have done, and all that you will do for our group. I am just so stoaked, and so pleased. Wow. You guys rock!

Thanks so much! ;) I'll never say people from the midwest aren't friendly again after tonight. It was awesome. Can't wait for the next one.

Lotus! :D

2. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    post everything that went on, who all showed up!
    :)
    I want to hear what I missed.

3. LovelyLotus

LovelyLotus Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 26, 2002
    We all met up at Barnes and Noble, which was, Gimpx, Padawan and his fiance,Amber, QuiGon_Ludo and his Fiance,Angel, Me and my fiance,Imperial Recruiter, Mara Skywhiner, Jules_Winfield, D.K.R and M_B_Mallory.

We chated and discussed the future of the club, and talked StarWars, enjoyed extremely hot tea/coffee. We annoyed, and took over the left hand corner of the bookstore coffee pulling in tables. I believe someone from another section of the coffeeshop somewhere said with discust, "Their talking StarWars." We all had a good laugh. We closed Barnes and Noble. *grins* Then after we left and went to go to Perkins, but after finding getting to Perkins to find the group in the cold, they told us, it was closed. We're like, Closed? Their like, "Yeah." "Um..why?" There's like two waitresses, so after Jules harassed the girls inside waiting for a table to open the door, they told us what was going on. So Padawan said, "Steak and Shake?" We're like, "Cool!" So we made in there in time and had a great waiter. Talked, and chatted some more and broke it up after 12:30.

Beyond all the talk and enjoyment of each others company that was about it. I'm sure others will fill in the evening they had, as things go on.

Lotus!

4. padawan_schlicher

padawan_schlicher Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    It was definately a gonzo time (sorry, i had to, if you don't know what i'm talking about then don't ask as you probably don't want to know)!!! Met some really cool people. Amber had a great time as well. It was cool to find out that we had other interests besides star wars as well, but then again, what else is there????

We definately need some kind of picture post place or something to put with names and handles. That way it will be easier to remember names and faces and match them up with the handles that we chat with as well

5. KirstenSolo

KirstenSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2002
    So did you vote on anything? Decide when future meetings were going to be? Anything of import that we should know? :) I was really disappointed that I couldn't make it. I was on the road on the way back from Chicago, and I didn't get home until after midnight.

6. padawan_schlicher

padawan_schlicher Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    we were still at Steak and Shake till 12:30!!!

We tentively scheduled for April 6th at Dave and Busters....nothing concreate yet

7. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    Thanx to everyone for the great evening, Angel and i really had an awesome time!!! We both really did not know what expect from that first meeting, that' why we were so happy to find a group of such fun and cool people!! And just as padawan_schlicher said above, it was great to find out and talk about other peoples interests. I think it's so cool that Star Wars can bring people together like that!! :) :)

As Angel and I have been really busy for the past 2 years, we never really had time to stop and have a good time with other people, we just loved it!!

We really had a great time, and we can't wait until the next meeting (boy, 2 weeks, that's far too long!!) to see our new friends again and have another great time!!

Thanx again everybody!!!! :) :) :)

8. ImperialRecruiter

ImperialRecruiter Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2002
    I've got to thank everyone for a wonderful time. I have never really had any friends who enjoyed Star Wars like I do. I'm really glad to have met everyone who were out on Saturday night, and I'm looking forward to those who join up later on.

Finally, people who understand the enjoyment I get from Star Wars. :D

9. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    Perkins is supposed to be open 24 hours. I can't tell you how many hangovers I slept off in that place back in collegfe while munching down 3am pancakes.

10. ImperialRecruiter

Mar 6, 2002
    Darth Ludicrous,

I here you had the unfortunate experience of working last night. Jules showed up at about 10:00 or 10:30. Hope you get to make the next one.

I remember working third shift a few years ago. If I had to work "Saturday" (Friday night), my boss would let me come in at 6:00 P.M. and work until Midnight. Then I'd head to Perkins on the way home to grab some dinner. I've seen many a drunk stagger in and freak out because I'd be sitting there smoking my pipe while waiting on dinner. Like I'd actually be using an illicit substance in a public place. It's tobacco, but people always ask...

11. jedimike321

jedimike321 Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2002
    Darn, I missed the meeting. I will be sure to pay attention to the date next time.

12. ImperialRecruiter

Mar 6, 2002
    jedimike321[b/],
    Hey, don't panic. If you can make it, we're meeting up with the president of the Indy Knights at Chile's at 6:30 PM this Wednesday. That's March 27.

If you can't make this one. LovelyLotus will have the next one posted. I think it is the first Saturday of April at Dave and Buster's. I'm not swearing to that though.

Hope you can make it Wednesday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.