main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary Domain Poll

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Mogook, Apr 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    The poll to decide our web address is up. It'll only be up for a week. So, next tuesday or wednesday, it'll be taken down.

Another thing, at this Saturday's meeting, please bring $3 with you and we can start getting hosting. And when the poll is over, the winning domain can be registered.

2. sithspawn35

sithspawn35 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2001
    Where can we send "fundage" if we cant make the meeting?

3. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    What if we don't want a "domain" at all? :confused:

4. sithspawn35

Jan 22, 2001
    Is someone a party pooper?

"Are you tired, listless? Are you un-poopular? Do you pop out at parties? Well all the answers are right here in this bittle lottle........little bottle. Vitameatavegamin!"

5. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    sithspawn [face_laugh]. I'm gonna look into how donations can be made online. So, that'll let you take part in the development without being at meetings.

6. sithspawn35

Jan 22, 2001
    I dont object to putting a stamp on an envelope either if that makes things easier. Whatever works!

7. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Check into Paypal. I think there is a way you can set up an account to receive payments through there as a personal or business account.

P.S. This is my 500th post Woo hoo!!! I didn?t know I could type that many words! :D

8. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Paypal is wierd with all the info you have to put in, it seems like a hassle.

9. sithspawn35

Jan 22, 2001
    AMEN to that!

10. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I was gonna use it for an auction, but I had to give them bank account info, or recent bills, a urine sample. [face_laugh]

11. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    Congrats DRK_HMLT, we are happy you made it with us. Mogook, shouldn't we have a treasurer? And I can live without the details on pay pal, thank you very much! I still don't think we need a stinking domain name.

12. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Yes, I think having a treasurer is a good idea. We can discuss that Saturday. And, a domain makes everything more legit and easier for publicity and stuff.

13. DRK_HLMT

Dec 7, 2001
    Yeah, PayPal came and took my DNA too. There are probably clones of me running around right now!! :D :D :D :D

Seriously though, the Air Force did require us to provide DNA. They said it was so they could identify us if we were ever to go to war and get blown apart. I think it's just another government conspiracy to make super human DRK_HLMTs to run rampant on the unsuspecting terrorist and overwhelm them with witty remarks and keen Star Wars knowledge! My clones would talk SW stuff to them so much it will drive them crazy and cause them to commit mass suicides!!

14. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Mogook: Your clones are impressive.

DRK_HLMT: They'll do their job well.

Mogook: I know, I'm asking for some poisoned jello already. [face_laugh]

15. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I just wanted to remind everyone that the poll is closing tomorrow in the afternoon. If you haven't voted, vote now.

Once it's done, I'd really like to get some money together so we can buy the name and hosting. The name I should be able to cover myself, but for hosting all I'm asking for is a buck or two from everyone.

16. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    What if we feel we don't need a domain name that we pay for?

17. DRK_HLMT

Dec 7, 2001
    Okay Isbeth, are you going "Dark-Jedi" on us??? Don't make me send mega-maid over to your planet and suck all the air from it!! :D

I don't mind paying for a domain. It's fairly cheap and a good way to get others interested in joining if we have a uber-cool website to show off.

Although I don't know if it's a good idea to get one up so soon. Since we are a fairly new group with only a few members I think it would probably be best if we get a domain after we get a little more established. That way if we have to pay for a domain, we will have enough members that we will only have to shell out maybe a dollar or so.

18. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Well, right now the members only have to shell out a buck or two. I wanna get the website up before AOTC so I can talk to the media and try to stir up more interest. Plus, we can wear shirts in line and at the movie which will have our address.

19. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    The poll is over, marylandforce.net won. We can now get shirts made. Cafepress is a company that lets you make shirts for free. Basically, you don't get a lot of shirts made and then sell them. The shirts are made as people order them.

20. Fipe_Naz-mero

Fipe_Naz-mero Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 4, 2002
    Dear Mogook:
    Shirts for free you say? Well, that's something you don't see everyday. What are the details in that?

"Patience my young Padawan, patience."

Maybe I won't be able to see the AOTC Hystorical Records with all of you, but I will be more than glad to wear an insignia of such value.

May the Force be with... always
    Fipe_Naz-mero, JK
    USA-NE REGION
    Charm City Council Forum
    Baltimore, MD

21. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    No, they're not free like that. Sorry for not clarifying. Mostly, when you get shirts made. You pay hundreds of dollars to get all of them made, then you sell them. But with Cafepress you only pay for the one shirt you're buying. You'll still have to pay to buy the shirt.

22. Fipe_Naz-mero

Fipe_Naz-mero Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 4, 2002
    Ohh :eek:

Ok, very well, then. Let me know about the details then.

23. BigBroadcastah

BigBroadcastah Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2002
    I would like to say that i am glad we are getting a domain name, people will take us more seriously. sorry isbeth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.