main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson DOWNTOWN PARADE OF LIGHTS 12/08/2007!!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by dialswiftjustice, Sep 1, 2007.

1. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Roll Call!

Who is actually walking!!!

Dialswiftjustice
    KickinNScreamin
    ThatsMisterWookie

Bear in mind this is a RAIN OR SHINE EVENT! Might want to tuck away an emergency poncho under the Jedi Robes. And Bring a saber! This is a Light Parade!

2. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007

3. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:54 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok WE GOT OUR ASSIGMENT!

We are enrty # 1508

we are to stage on 15th St, Between N. 5th, and N. 6th, please refer to this map, and Ill make a clearer one tonight:
    http://www.downtowntucson.org/downtown_parade_of_lights/

this one details the parking and has a better view of the streets:

http://www.knowyourwaydowntown.info/parkmap.html

WE HAVE TO BE COSTUMED AND IN POSITION NO LATER THAN 5

Everyone Meet at the Armory Park Senior Center (see above), where we can change. Get there early enough to find parking, downtown can get convoluted, and it can fill up fast.

Call me if you have any problems or questions:

520-360-3765

4. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    We had an awesome time and we won the Old Pueblo award best nonprofit entry!

5. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    well, the 501st did. The Tucson Fan Force wasn't even mentioned, and no, it didn't have anything to do with not having the banner.

6. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    Try to look at the facts first before you bring that up. Sounds more like being defensive than making a statement or asking a question.

Did the Fan Force sign up as its own entry completely separate from the 501st?
    Was the FF signed up being in tandem with the 501st on the paperwork and charged fees?
    If the award went to who?s name was signed up then yea, then the FF would not be mentioned.

That does not lessen its contribution.

But in the end does it really matter? We all had fun.

7. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    I was told that the TFF banner was there, but the TFF members chose not to carry it. If that is true, then why would the TFF be mentioned? Nobody, excepting the 501st members, would have any idea that you were a separate group. If you don't make the effort to tell people who you are, how are they to know who you are?

If anyone is interested, here's a link to some pictures. http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g45/thatsMISTERwookiee/Tucson%20Parade%20of%20Lights%202007/

8. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    Now that I know the facts, I'm not really mad about it. But I just figured that it was a TFF event since it was a TFF event last year, and I thought that we had invited the 501st down for it, not the other way around. About the banner, though, the only reason we didn't carry it is because the only TFF members that could carry it had lightsabers, and I fugured that it was more important to twirl a lightsaber than to hold an unreadable sign. Just my opinion, though.

9. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005

First I want to thank all those that participated in the parade. It was a smash success beyond all expectations. I never would have expected to have won the best non-profit entry! We will be presented a certificate and write up on the downtowntucson.org websight.
    This was won because of the team effort between both groups.

As posted in my resignation thread as costumed event coordinator, all costumed events are now under the jurisdiction of the 501st JundlandWastes Squad, and I know you read my thread Mike so there is no reason to believe the parade was a TFF event. It is now and will remain a JWS event, and the TFF will be invited, unless the TFF enters as their own entity.

Parade Replays:
    Starting Dec. 15th through Dec. 31, 2005, on Thursdays and Saturdays at 8PM and Sunday, Dec. 25, Christmas Day at 8PM.

I was incredibly dissapointed to hear the members did not want to carry the banner, which is not nor has ever been "unreadable." I was dissapointed because two or more TFF members had at least one free hand. And the fact that you, Mike, place twirling a lightsaber above representing your club shows your true level of dedication. If you were really dedicated to showing TFFF representation, why not do the one thing that would succeed in it?

I submitted a complete write upon the aplicatin about both groups. When the judges came around I explained both groups to them in detail. Why they focused onthe 501st, is anyones guess (prominent banner maybe?) but inthe end, despite the one group being mentioned, WE ALL WON, and WE ALL HAD FUN.

Mike
    your rampant pessimism makes you unpleaseant to be around. Can you say ONE GOOD THING about the parade? Because, I havn't heard anything positive from you as of yet.

10. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    Jesus Christ, do people just read the parts of my posts that make me seem like a terrible person, and ignore the rest? I had tons of fun, and I could go more into detail about why I didn't think carrying the banner would have changed anything, but that would just get picked at and turned around against me. So whatever. I enjoy the 501st and having us team up for events. I was just never a big fan of TFF events being turned into 501st events. But seriously, I don't really care that much. I mean, heck, I hope to be getting a number as soon as I turn 18 and finish my Emperor.
    And about the banner, I meant no disrespect to your work, because I know you worked hard on it and it cost a lot of money, too. It's just my opinion that when it is dark, there are no lights attatched to the banner like last year, and when it is moving, the font of the words makes it hard to read.

Here are a few positive things I have said in this post alone:
    I had fun at the parade
    I enjoy the 501st
    I don't want to make mountains out of molehills
    I want to be 501st some day
    I appreciate the work you did on the banner

11. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    "Ignore the Rest"? Where is there anything positive at all??

PMing you.

12. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    PM replied and situation hopefully resolved.

Sorry everybody for all the big fights I cause on the boards.