main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dragoncon

Discussion in 'Archive: Charleston, SC' started by jedi scholar, Aug 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi scholar

jedi scholar Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 1999
    Hi All,

Just to invite everyone attending Dragoncon to a panel that Eric and I are moderating entitled, "Mythconceptions in the GFFA." The panel will be a forum to discuss the pet theories about the unanswered questions of the saga as well as the themes and ideas that shape it.

We'll test the theories against the literary and mythological traditions that GL appears to be drawing from and see which ones are plausible and which are not, based upon what we know and what we can reasonably infer from the story itself and the corpus of literature and mythology.

So if you have a little time before the Mr. Star Wars contest, please feel free to join in!!!!

Krista

2. jedi-ES

jedi-ES Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    Just to hype the panel some more before DragonCon...

The panel is going to be a lot of fun with some "issues" about the GFFA and its primary characters being talked about and hopefully, some mythconceptions absolved.

Judging by some opinions around here concerning basic aspects of the Saga, we thought that this would be a great panel in one of the final Cons before Ep3. So please, if you are there, stop by and enjoy...

and you might even learn something too. (That was meant to be a good thing! :D

3. motf-jan

motf-jan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 25, 2001
    Had a great time at DragonCon. The DSF's were well represented. Brian, of the Carolinas 501st was part of the Garrison winning the Droid Hunt. Michelle and CJ participated in the Prop Building Challlenge. Michelle won an honorable mention. Larry was sporting his X wing fighter costume and helped the MOTF staff with the costume contest. Krista and Eric were the panelist for the well attended Mythconceptions in a GFFA panel.

We have to give an at-a-boy to the Hothlanta Rebels for the very entertaining Mr. Star Wars. It was even funnier this year. The guy that won was a real cutie. Is he single? Wait, he's Mr. Star Wars!

Jeremy, Peter, Rena, and Daniel were all alot of fun. As well as the Star Wars Authors. My daughter has the biggest crush on Daniel Logan. Needless to say, most of my pictures are of him<lol>

Janet

4. jedi scholar

Oct 31, 1999
    Hi All!!

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who came out and supported the panel. Eric and I really enjoyed discussing SW with everyone there!!!

I think I can safely say that we all had a great time. We all found some great deals at the MOTF charity auction on Sunday morning. CJ and Eric split a huge poster collection, Janet picked up some great unique Sw items, and Larry walked away with a huge box of stuff. Eric was also lucky enough to secure an E3 shirt!!

I managed to secure the highly prized Padme doll with the blue dress(the only Phantom Menace 12in doll without face make-up). When I returned home and presented my daughter with it, she was overjoyed and promptly took it to her room and placed it next to her Anakin doll in the Barbie Grand Hotel. Now she no longer has to use a Barbie with brown hair for Padme! LOL.:)

And extra kudos as Janet said to the Hothlanta Rebels for another excellent Mr. Star Wars contest. We never stopped laughing the entire time!!8-}

Now the countdown begins for Celebration 3!!!!:)

5. TombReader

TombReader Jedi Youngling

Aug 11, 2004
    I didn't go to DragonCon this year,but I did happen to catch Krista and Eric's panel last year,which I enjoyed very much.It was definitely a highlight of the convention for me.I have always been fascinated by the mythological/literary influences behind the saga and I'd like to see more of these types of panels at the other cons.

Any chance of having one at Celebration III? :)

-Ivan

6. motf-jan

motf-jan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 25, 2001
    WE certainly are going to suggest it! I think since they have more room, there will probably be more panels this time arround so Maybe Krista and Eric will have a chance to revamp the issue at CIII. Wait, what am I saying? The stress would kill them!<lol>

Janet

7. jedi scholar

Oct 31, 1999
    Oh hah,hah Janet!!!8-}

Who cares about stress??????? I would sacrifice sleep and food to have the chance to be on a panel there!! (Krista prays ferevently to the Tiki gods to have the opportunity to be on a panel...LOL)8-}

8. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    I want to thank you all for the support of Mr. Star Wars contest that my chapter organized for the 2nd year in a row. The audience is almost as important to the contest as the contestants are, and we really do love to see everyone have a great time. :)

I can't wait until next year! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.