main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Dungeon and Dragons: The Inheritance Trilogy

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by CmdrMitthrawnuruodo, Mar 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Dungeons & Dragons
    Inheritance Trilogy

Tale of the Forsworn

Before your grandfathers? fathers were born, and yea, even before their fathers, the Dragon Riders were formed. To protect and guard was their mission, and for thousands of years they succeeded. Their prowess in battle was unmatched, for each had the strength of ten men. They were immortal unless blade or poison took them. For good only were their powers used, and under their tutelage tall cities and towers were built out of the living stone. While they kept peace, the land flourished. It was a golden time. The elves were our allies, the dwarves our friends. Wealth flowed into our cities, and men prospered. But weep? for it could not last.

Though no enemy could destroy them, they could not guard against themselves. And it came to pass at the height of their power that a boy, Galbatorix by name, was born in the province of Inzilbêth, which is no more. At ten he was tested, as was the custom, and it was found that great power resided in him. The Riders accepted him as their own.

Through their training he passed, exceeding all others in skill. Gifted with a sharp mind and strong body, he quickly took his place among the Riders? ranks. Some saw his abrupt rise as dangerous and warned the others, but the Riders had grown arrogant in their power and ignored caution. Alas, sorrow was conceived that day.

So it was that soon after his training was finished, Galbatorix took a reckless trip with two friends. Far north they flew, night and day, and passed into Urgals? remaining territory, foolishly thinking their new powers would protect them. There on a thick sheet of ice, unmelted even in summer, they were ambushed in their sleep. Though his friends and theirs dragons were butchered and he suffered great wounds, Galbatorix slew his attackers. Tragically, during the fight a stray arrow pierced his dragon?s heart. Without the arts to save her, she died in his arms. Then were the seeds of madness planted.

Alone, bereft of much of his strength and half mad with loss, Galbatorix wandered without hope in that desolate land, seeking death. It did not come to him, though he threw himself without fear against any living thing. During this time he came to realize that the Riders might grant him another dragon. Driven by this thought, he began the arduous journey, on foot, back through the Spine. Territory he had soared over effortlessly on a dragon?s back now took him months to traverse. He could hunt with magic, but often times he walked in places where animals did not travel. Thus when his feet finally left the mountains, he was close to death. A farmer found him collapsed in the mud and summoned the Riders.

Unconscious, he was taken to their holdings, and his body healed. He slept for four days. Upon awakening he gave no sign of his fevered mind. When he was brought before a council convened to judge him, Galbatorix demanded another dragon. The desperation of the request revealed his dementia, and the council saw him for what he truly was. Denied his hope, Galbatorix, through the twisted mirror of his madness, came to believe it was the Riders? fault his dragon had died. Night after night he brooded on that and formulated a plan to exact revenge.

He found a sympathetic Rider, and there his insidious words took root. He inflamed the Rider against their elders. Together they treacherously lured and killed an elder. When the foul deed was done, Galbatorix turned on his ally and slaughtered him without warning. The Riders found him, then with blood dripping from his hands. A scream tore from his lips, and he fled into the night. As he was cunning in his madness, they could not find him.

For years he hid in wastelands like a hunted animal, always watching for pursuers. His atrocity was not forgotten, but over time searches ceased. Then through some ill fortune he met a young Rider, Morzan?strong of body, but weak of mind. Galbatorix convinced Morzan to leave a gate unbolted in the citadel Ilirea, whi

2. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Those who join can decide what kind of campaign they would like me to run. It can either be save the world type campaign or a simple treasure hunt or something else entirely.

3. LightWarden

LightWarden Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 11, 2001
    Hmm... D&D has a siren's song... but what rules are you using anyways? It's like 3rd edition, but without the classes, levels, skills, stats or feats..?

4. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    I dont have 3rd edition so Im stuck using 2nd edition's PHB and DMG. I will be using both 2nd and 3rd editions Monster Manuals. The players dont have to concern themselves with dice or any numbers or rules that are usually involved. Any dice rolling will be done by me. Everything a player needs to know in order to play has been posted in the first post and is also located in the Diet Player's Handbook (see Spells) that I linked. This game was solely created with the idea in mind that people have never played D20 before and dont want to go through the learning process.

5. kiskolou

kiskolou Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 23, 2005
    So how will you know if someone cheated on a dice roll?

6. LightWarden

LightWarden Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 11, 2001
    By rolling them himself. Or using one of those online rollers if he really wanted to.

7. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000

8. Eirate_rules

Eirate_rules Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2005
    I want to join sooooooooooooooooooo bad, but I can't acsess the Spell Guide or equiptment!!!

Can you PM me the list and costs?

9. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    I should have put this in the first post but forgot to.

PRIVATE MESSAGE CHARACTER SHEETS TO ME FIRST

Its mainly so that I can tell you if something was done wrong, something needs to be added, and so I know which class you've chosen and I can give you your starting money and avoid the unneccessary PMing back and forth and reposting the character sheet.

10. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    If no one else is interested in this game, then I will close it and wait until this forum gets more traffic.

11. SwordoftheJedi

SwordoftheJedi Jedi Master star 5

Jan 7, 2005
    I'm interested but your sheet is confusing.

12. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    I'll see what i can do to fix that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.