main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson DVD Release and Line Up

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Dark_Lady_Jada, Sep 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    Hey all! Suncoast is interested in having us do a line up event type deal for the release of the ROTS DVD. He is a message from a store manager up in Phoenix:

Jada to He_Who_Controls_The_Force:

Do you happen to know if a Suncoast down in Tucson would be interested in some SW geeks?

Oh, and from now on you are HWCTF [:p]

HWCTF to Sith Wench Jada

I have talked to the Store Mgr down in Tucson and she is very excited about having you guys come in to her store. She asked me too see if you could contact her to arrange everything, her name is Myranda and the number there is 520-293-3321. So if you could give her a call I know she would greatly appreciate what ever you guys could do.

Thoughts?

2. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005

edit edit edit edit edit edit

I think it sounds kewl.. however.. we have to talk to Andy Taylor first.. he was first to ask if we would team up with them.. in case KLPX does really want to come on board.. because he was suggesting an event in cooperation with the radio station.. we need to give him an opportunity to say they are on board or to offer up their suggestions as well..Also.. we need to know if SunCoast is aware we might not be able to have a Darth Vader like that.. and all those Troopers. Just Jedi and a few Sith costumes might not be as great for them as what they are expecting.

In any case I will get in touch with Andy and let him know what we heard from Suncoast.

3. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I do know it is important thay everyone be happy with what is planned.. I think Suncoast is a great opportunity... for me it is going to be sad as I won't be able to be at the event.. I can do all sorts of planning and hype for it.. but on the 29th of October I have to fly to Arkansas for Halloween with my kids I'll be back on Wednsday of that week... I have never missed a Halloween with my kids.. and they would not understand for any reason if I suddenly missed one now. Even if I flew back on Nov 1st I would not be able to arrive in time for an event.

4. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    Hey cathie no problem. I didn't make any committments on the TFFs part. I just wanted to let you all know there was someone out there who would be interested. Let Andy know and I can also be his contact for this if you need me to be. :D

5. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    no problem. Can do.

6. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Heya guys, sory for the long silence, since the refugees are coming into town, TPD is busy! Im working at the TCC tomorrow from 6pm to 6 am and then going to work my egular shift at 2 pm!

Jada, thanks for the photbucket link, I now have all the pics form both camers on two disks, so if I can get the VHS tapes of the news coverage from Cathie Ill put them all on one DVD for everyone att he next meeting (whenever that turns out to be).

So at this point though, we don't know exactly what Andy wants to do right? Maybe we can combine both the events and have them broadcast from Suncoast?

I'm sure the DSG has something planned for the DVD release up in PHX, but if they would be willing to loan some armor, I'd be happy to wear it (now that I know how to get it on!)And I will go up and get it, even leave cash, a credit card what ever, in case I break it (god forbid).

Otherwise, I am trying to put together a poor mans vader, and looking into fiberglass helmet. I found a vendor who will acceopt payments, and a couple of websights on how to make movie accurate armor out of household stuff.

7. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    I have seen some of those sites..and they are very good at helping you create the parts you need to finish any SW costume...I am putting together a Jengo Fett, and if its ready by then, I am going as him!

8. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    That would be awesome because he has great recognizability.

Cathie, I have BEEN GIVEN THE GREEN LIGHT TO GET A SUPREME VADER COSTUME, I am goign to order it this week, I doubt it will be here by the weekend, but I should have it by the October meeting.

At the September meeting we need to toss around ideas on what we are dong for the line up/Halloween. I think it should coincide with KLPX, otherwise maybe we can do something with them.

9. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I am thrilled you got the green light for Vader. Andy Taylor told me today that he is talking to his program director about teaming up with us and suncoast.. he loves the idea.. so he is pitching it to his boss.. time will tell though if they like it as much as he does.

10. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
  11. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Yes I saw that... and very excited about it.. makes me wonder if wal-mart will be the place to be at midnight.. I'll be getting my copy at the wal mart in arkansas.

12. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    From sirstevesguide:

Fox skimps on Star Wars
    Posted by SirSteve on Sep 23, 05.

Click to Enlarge
    Hoping to avoid the high volume of returns that hit DreamWorks and Disney on Shrek 2 and The Incredibles, 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment is clamping down on shipments of Star Wars: Episode III?Revenge of the Sith.

Each retailer is getting a studio-dictated allotment of the final title in the Star Wars film series for its Nov. 2 bow, regardless of how many copies they might desire.

Quantities will vary depending on the size of the retailer. But limitations are apparently being leveled across the board to large and small wholesalers and retailers. A number of store buyers say they are receiving 20% to 30% fewer copies than they think they need to satisfy street week demand for the film, which grossed $380 million at the box office and is expected to be the biggest selling DVD of the year.

Visit VideoBusiness.com for the full story.

13. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    very interesting news here.. better be ready to get your copy right off the start of the evening.

14. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Eh, I have my "copy" so I can wait, but hey this might be good news! Just means Suncoast or some other place would want us more to push their DVDs

Sorry I have been out of the loop lately, but Im back nw that my general instructor school has wrapped up, so I am going to start calling around tomorrow to see if there are any release events in town or places open at midnight for other options.

*IMPORTANT* We need to decide WHERE AND WHEN WE MEET BEFORE THE LINE UP. Just start thinking abut it and we can decide at the meeting.

15. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    My reaction

[face_plain]

that's to the story not you DSJ ;)

16. timstephens4

timstephens4 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2005
    Well, the one place I know will release at midnight is the Wal-Mart next to my house. It is open 24 hours and they release everything at midnight.

17. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    OK, Suncoast would like us there on November 1st during the day.

They are checking with the mall. I told them we would decide if that would be good for us. 9am to noon

18. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    so you just have to decide do you want to do two lineups or one.. and if you want to do two.. then need a midnight spot to hold it.. I would think wal-mart.. and If I am not mistaken.. Wal-mart while they will not promote an event for us.. I think they will not tell us we can't be there either.. so they would most likely be fine with a bunch of Star Wars costumed people on Halloween night in a line-up to purchase the DVD. However.. this is not my show.. as I won't be here.. so whereever and whatever you pick to do is totally awesome.. I am just putting in my two cents for Wal-mart as it is a guaranteed place to be. I would say doing the Suncoast lineup is a given.. it brings exposure to the group.. though my only sad thought is that it is a tuesday morning/afternoon.. I somehow don't see a lot of people strolling the mall at that time of day.. I know they always do DVD releases on Tuesdays-Thursdays.. but just the same.. a weekend would bring in more sales I would have thought.

19. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    OK, I've just gotten a call back from Suncoast.

From what the store manager said we wouldn't be allowed outside the store with any masks on. ]-} Some mall rule. Also, Suncoast Corporate would have to be contacted if KLPX or any of the radio stations wanted to come down. The store is very small and could only accomodate a few of us.

Folks, it's up to you. If you want me to make other inquires, I will.

*grumble*

20. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    you mean in other words we would have to be inside the store the whole time with the masks on.. that in order to leave the store we have to take them off... or no masks at all??? very confusing.. which mall is this.. wow.. in arkansas they send the kids trick or treating in the mall.. they most definitely wear masks.

21. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    why does suncoast corporate have to be contacted if someone else is having media??? hmm.. again the rules of corporate get in the way of enjoyment.. that is why I love bookman's!! No big "others" to deal with.

I would suggest looking elsewhere just in case.. and I still have not heard from Andy Taylor.. I'll send a note his way and ask if he has gotten any word yet from his director.

22. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    okay.. just sent out another email to Andy Taylor.. so if I don't hear back from him rather quickly.. within two days I would say we call another station.. maybe KRQ with Obi Wan Kenobi.. will let you know what I find out..

also.. who was supposed to be calling other stores to see if there was any interest in a lineup in case Suncoast did not happen... or if anyone was planning anything for the release... I can make these calls.. but I don't want to duplicate them... so if someone else is already doing it that's kewl too.

23. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    Dustin was going to call other stores but I think I might see if Walmart or Best Buy is going to have some kind of event.

I hate to say it but I just don't think that Suncoast is going to work out with the restrictions they have. :(

24. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I'm sorry.. it sounded fun.. but I agree with the notion we can't even walk through the mall with our mask on.. and only room for limited people..

just let me know what you need for me to do.. I will do it as long as it is on sat-tues.. just no energy wed-fri from work.

25. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    OK, I'm going to contact some other places today.

I'm going to try to be sensitive to everyone's location, etc.

I'll be back [face_mischief]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.