main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA DVD release dates?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Shadow_of_Evil, Jul 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoulKrusher

SoulKrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2000
    Willow - Watched the movie last night, it was good to see that again after god knows how many years. Still love that film.

Special Features - Althou its a old film (1988 and its in 16:9) ther are still some good features on the disc which include: The making of Willow, making of Raziels transformation & the morf to digital filmmaking. Plus ther's TV spots, teasers, trailers, audio com. gallery etc.

2. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Bought the Starship Troopers Special Edition DVD today. It's pretty good. Comes with deleted scenes, featurette about the movie, audio commentary by Paul Verhoven, storyboards and a few other things. I'm quite impressed with it. Next on the list is Predator and then Monsters Inc.

3. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
    Monsters Inc. a good one tons of special features about the movie and all. Well worth it.

4. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    Yeah I want that on dvd [face_plain] The movie was great (fav bit sully in the garbage room :D)
    Rather hoping to get it for christmas ;)

5. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    btw, Wasnt there meant to be a better version of lotr coming out on dvd soon? If so, got any dates?

6. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I got Monsters Inc, Willow and The Princess Bride. I have't had much of a look at any of them yet but I have had a look at a lot of the extra clips on onsters Inc. Some very funny ones.

7. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    The Season 1 6 DVD Farscape boxset is now out to buy and is around $130 and worth every penny of it if you ask me. Contains loads of extras as well inclding character profiles, making off and deleted scenes.

It can be purchased on the internet via EzyDVD for $139.95 with free shipping. Comes with bonus Farscape poster as well.

Click here to order.

8. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    I'm waiting for the Band of Brothers DVD boxset to be released. I think it is about $150. I also ordered the Fight Club collectors edition and its arrived!!!!

9. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Well I've finally figured out what I'm getting for Christmas. I'm getting the DVD Box Set of all 19 James Bond movies. It looks really good. Stacks of features on each disc.

I will be reviewing the James Bond collection when I get it as well as Season 1 of Farscape on DVD which I get tomorrow :)

10. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    As I said yesterday I got my Farscape Season 1 DVD Boxset today.

The packaging is very cool with each of the 3 DVD covers (2 DVD's in each Cover) having different collages of characters/images from the show.

The boxset includes the first Season of Farscape. There are 22 episodes which span over 6 DVD's. The picture quality is very good and there are hardly any pixelation on any of the episodes. The audio is also very good with Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound.

The features include a 22 minute Making Off Documentry which talks about the puppets, the costumes and what the actors think of the programs. Also has interviews with the producers. Also included are 10 minute Star Profiles on each of the main characters including John Chrichton, Aeryn Sun, Pa'u Zotoh Zhaan, Ka D'Argo and Moyda and Pilot. In each Star profile is a video interview and a photo gallery. Other features include Art Gallery, Screensavers and Weblinks (DVD-ROM) and quzzies on each of the 6 discs. The only thing I wish they had of includes are audio commentaries with the cast and producers for each episode. Overall this is a great boset and at $120 it's a bargain. I highly recommend getting these if your a gerneral Sci-Fi fan or a Farscape nut like myself.

11. SithSeb

SithSeb Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2002
    I don't know about anyone else but I love the movie Spaceballs. Just wondering if anyone knows if its on DVD yet or when it comes out.

12. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    It doesn't appear to be available on DVD yet SithSeb. Most of all the popular Australia online DVD stores have not got it indicating it hasn't been released yet.

13. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    Check the imports, it's been out on DVD in the US for well over a year now, and I'm sure Empire in the city has it in stock. You will need a multi-region DVD player of course, but it's worth it.

14. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
    As well as picking of AOTC DVD I also picked up a copy of: LOTR: Extended Version (4 discs)

<drool>

This has soooo much in it, cant wait to watch the extended version tonight! The extra 2 discs with BTS stuff on them are amazing, showing you exactly how they put this film together... And this is just the first film!

15. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Does anyone here or know anyone who owns the Alien Legacy on DVD? If so, what is it like becuase I'm considering getting them.

16. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
    For all those people that loved the mighty Thumb Wars when it was released well guess what... today at JB's in da city I saw Thumb Wars: Episode 1 DVD For under 20 bucks it looked good but I only saw one more left on the shelf so you better be quick if you want it.

17. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    I actually saw a website for that a few days ago. Can't remember the address though. From what I saw it looks like Thumbwars episode 1 is the same one we've all seen with Luke Groundrunner etc. I wouldn't mind getting that on DVD.

18. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Never heard of it? [face_plain]

19. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
    It was a very well done re-film of Star Wars but with 'thumbs' Ive got it if ya want to see it.

Yeah dunno Soniel if its the same one or not, Il have to look in to it.

20. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    I'll get it to you on a CD if you like SJ. It's about 180Mb.

21. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Never heard of this Thumb Wars thing but it does sound quite good.

22. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Doesn't appeal to everyone's tastes since some people don't seem to like it but I think it's a crack-up. I think it came out around the same time as TPM, though it mostly parodies ANH with a bit of ESB thrown in.

23. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Doesn't appeal to everyone's tastes since some people don't seem to like it but I think it's a crack-up. I think it came out around the same time as TPM, though it mostly parodies ANH with a bit of ESB thrown in.

24. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    This is the best Region 4 (Australian) DVD Review website Michael DVD

25. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Well today I laybyed all 8 Region 4 Volumes of Thunderbirds on DVD. I cannot wait to get them now. Some pretty cool features on each Volume.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.