main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist earlybird-obi-wan art updated march 24 with Tycho Celchu

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Dec 16, 2006.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
  2. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
    =D= Wow! you did a great job with Obi-wan's face. His eyes look real! over all great job.

3. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Thanks and I have updated and added some more oilpaintings

Obi-Wan and Jedi

Obi-Wan and Mace Windu

4. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Another new picture is in the process of being made.

Obi-Wan

5. kit-kenobi

kit-kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 10, 2007
    Im a huge fan of obi-wan. Great job! I love all the pics! =D

6. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    *goes ´meh!´ and will live in the hills of Limburg from now on as a wee sheep!*

Het spijt me! Ik heb misschien niet juist naar deze thread here gezoek...

*feels really, really silly for having NOT found this thread without bird pointing it out to her!*

But I really love all of your up-dates!

*is grateful!*

7. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    thanks

And AzureAngel2 also thanks

Here are some more updates of my pictures

Obi-Wan comforting Siri

Obi-Wan in the Jeditemple

8. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
  9. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Those are so good!! I especially love the Obi-Wan in the Temple. You have such amazing talent.

10. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    You've really done an amazing job with this latest painting - with each one you can see a lot of progression and this one is no exception. The hands in particular really stand out for me. Nice job on the forms and getting them to look realistic! The various folds and creases in the clothing is also well done. Nice job! :)

11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    HanSolo29 posted: You've really done an amazing job with this latest painting - with each one you can see a lot of progression and this one is no exception. The hands in particular really stand out for me. Nice job on the forms and getting them to look realistic! The various folds and creases in the clothing is also well done. Nice job!

Thanks for the kind replies and here is another one

admiral Motti

and for the december challenge:

Snowball fight

12. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    I really enjoy the snowball fight when I look at it and dearly wish myself a merry white christmas for the Netherlands and Germany.

It is good to know that the two stiff gentlemen from the first scenes of TPM are very funny and relaxed. Thanks for re-painting the picture that I had of Qui-Gon & Obi-Wan until you came along, dear bird.

I also like your first sketches of Beru & her husband. They are NOT easy to do.

And the Imperial officer looks cool...

13. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Those are so cool!! I love the shadowing on Motti (you're so good at that!) and the snowball fight was so cute! [face_love]

14. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Aww, that snowball one is really neat! It's a nice light-hearted piece that really shows the friendship between Obi and Anakin. As for technique, I really like how you dry-brushed the snow. It creates a convincing effect of them throwing the snow at each other. Is this one also done in oil?

The only bit of criticism I have is on Anakin. I believe that is his cloak resting against the ground, but it almost looks like a third leg. I had to study it closely for a moment before it became clear. Other than that, nice job! :)

15. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    thanks and the snowball fight is updated with some more snow.

NYCitygurl posted: Those are so cool!! I love the shadowing on Motti (you're so good at that!) and the snowball fight was so cute!

HanSolo29 posted: Aww, that snowball one is really neat! It's a nice light-hearted piece that really shows the friendship between Obi and Anakin. As for technique, I really like how you dry-brushed the snow. It creates a convincing effect of them throwing the snow at each other. Is this one also done in oil?

The only bit of criticism I have is on Anakin. I believe that is his cloak resting against the ground, but it almost looks like a third leg. I had to study it closely for a moment before it became clear. Other than that, nice job!

More snow added and the 'leg' is gone. That's easy to do with oils.

Snowball fight Anakin and Obi-Wan

16. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Ah, there we go! It looks much better, obi-wan! Nice job! =D=

17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Thanks

Next is the first draft of a request for coverart for a story by Jedi_Liz and NYCityGurl under the name Sera_And_Shae The Parent Trap Special Edition

Luke, Mara Jade and twins

18. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    That looks great!! Thank you so much [:D]

19. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Finally got some time to get back through and look at all your latest work, earlybird--wow, have you been busy!! =D= The new paintings all look fabulous, and I must agree with HS29 in her observation that your progression in figure accuracy (and especially in Obi Wan in the Temple, MacGregor's likeness) is wonderful! =D= All of your pieces certainly have that marvelous "old world" feel to them (it's probably your traditional medium), with beautiful scenery and subtle light and shadow. Wonderful additions! :D

FF

20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    NYCitygurl That looks great!! Thank you so much

Thanks for your reviews and here is the next update of Luke Mara and twins

Luke, Mara and the twins

21. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    Second draft looks great (esp. w/ the colors ).

22. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Wow, that looks so awesome :D

23. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Very nice start, obi-wan! You're blocking in the colors nicely. I can't wait to see the continual progress on this one. :)

24. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Very nice so far! I had forgotten how long it takes to "layer in" the colors for something like this (and most of the work I did with them didn't require facial tones, either, so I am in awe of that...)--it looks beautiful so far! Love all that red hair! :D

FF

25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Jedi_liz Second draft looks great (esp. w/ the colors ).

NYCitygurl Wow, that looks so awesome

HanSolo29 Very nice start, obi-wan! You're blocking in the colors nicely. I can't wait to see the continual progress on this one

Thanks all and here is the updated picture (almost finished)

Luke, Mara and twins

And the first draft of a new one for my finished story Boz Pity aftermath
    Obi-Wan comforted by his old crèchemaster Rian