main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton Edmonton FanForce's **Official** next event - viewing of Harry Potter **UPDATED with Final Details**

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Indigo_Jade, Nov 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    I was at Silver City today buying my ticket... they said that the 3:15 show is about half way sold out, so take that as you will... :)

Indy

2. astrozombie

astrozombie Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 19, 2002
    ...this sounds like a BLAST! but BLAST I thought I couldn't come to either. Then I read 'jawagirl's post! I guess I'll also be 'making an appearance' before sitting next to a driving maniac on the way to the party palace Saturday night! Yes!!!

*commence the intergalactic celebration dance*

and have fun, you all goin' to Potter!

3. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    Don't forget to send me the info for the events page. ;)

4. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    Would it be possible to organise a group deal with the theatre?

5. fingthething

fingthething Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Cool, IM GETTING PUMPED!!!! and im glad you picked SilverCity in the end But anyways, I'll see you all on Saturday!

6. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Well "I" didn't pick Silver City, it was a majority decision... :)

And I was just writing the email right now YJN, watched Harry Potter tonight so I got a little sidetracked... :)

As far as a group deal with the theater, I didn't even think about it, and I doubt they would anyways... the Star Wars thing was kind of a "whole weekend tie in event" type of discount I think... :)

Indy

7. Darth_Haggis

Mar 21, 2002
    No problem. Just trying to save money.

8. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    Event Posted

9. Vua__Lah

Vua__Lah Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 1, 2002
    Sounds like fun guys. sorry I've been MIA lately. I've kinda thrown myself into a project out here. I still check the boards I'm just not able to post too much. As for the movie I don't think I'll be able to make it. I'm a little strapped for cash for the next 2 weeks at least. Although the movie and after-party sound like a lot of fun, i really wish I could make it. I'll see what I can scrounge up and I'll keep y'all updated. But otherwise, I wouldn't count me in :(

V

10. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Thanks Chris!!!

And no problem Vua__Lah, we will catch you at the next event... :)

So looks like we have the following people coming:

Darth_Haggis
    geekgirl76 (movie only so far)
    fingthething and his cousin
    Jamaillia
    astrozombie (DVD probably)
    JawaGirl (movie for sure, DVD probably)
    spottcat211
    Ky-Wan (maybe)

and of course me... :)

So we need to decide something for snacks and stuff. Although I guess we can decide at the theater and make a snack/pizza run on the way... :)

I will be passing out directions to my house at the theater, I will also eventually PM everybody who is coming with a link to a map just in case you get tied up and can't make the movie or something.

Getting excited!!!! :D

Indy

11. geekgirl76

geekgirl76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Yup, I'm only going to be able to make the movie, I'm off to get tickets today.

12. Starbender

Starbender Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2002
    Checking in, sorry, no HP for me this weekend. Working too damn much. Just not that jazzed to see it, really.

Heard about the possible Clone Wars animated series? I was amazed at first, reality quickly set in though. What I want is Rogue Squadron: the series.

13. Darth_Haggis

Mar 21, 2002
    Hear! Hear!

14. Vua__Lah

Vua__Lah Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 1, 2002
    now that'd be suh-weeeet

15. spottcat211

spottcat211 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 27, 2002
    Ok. I didn't pre-buy tickets... :( I hope I can still get in... And about the after party I will for sure make it for AOTC but as I didnt really like LOTR originally I'll probablly depart after that... Also I don't think my folks wanna be driving at like 10:00PM when the highway conditions could or could not be horrible... I hope this is okay with every one else... I for sure have a ride so I will see you guys tomorrow :).

P.S.: I am a sorta vegetarian (long story) and pizza isn't my thing so I am going to vote and bring snacks...:) (Just in Case your wondering I don't mind people eating meat in front of me) (maybe I'm a bit to egotistical and think people care what I think when they don't) :D

16. imperial_taz

imperial_taz Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 23, 2002
    man...that sounds like a lot of fun!! But unfortunately, until i bring up my math mark, im not gonna be doin' much but studying....

17. JawaGirl

JawaGirl Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2002
    I was at SilverCity around 6pm tonight and they still had some tickets available. So get your tickets if you haven't yet...it is not too late!

18. Starbender

Starbender Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2002
    Cripes I hope you all get in OK. The ticket system at SilverCity crashed today and it was rather chaotic, I hope they fix it tonight. Go early!!!!!

And to top it off the IMAX sound system gave an almighty POP today right in the middle of AOTC and gave up the ghost for several fun-filled hours! I think it's fixed now.

19. Jamaillia

Jamaillia Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2002
    I had the same problem tonite at Silvercity. It was about 5 and the machines were still down so I purchased my ticket over the internet tonite. I had no problems.

See you tommorrow,

Jamaillia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.