main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

endor battle

Discussion in 'Archive: Scifi 3D Forum' started by darknikkos, Mar 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darknikkos

darknikkos Jedi Youngling

Jun 27, 2005
    hi

a new update of the scene here:

http://www.savefile.com/files/8295195

this is a test of the final approach of the tydirium to the DEATHSTAR2
    i just used a field(?) textured with a screenshot of the real scene and an bump map to add realism and a little cam movment like the movie.

perhaps the shuttle seems to be too big...

any comments...

2. DarkSapiens

DarkSapiens Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2005
    Hey! That was good!

For me, the shuttle is OK. It's still far away from the hangar bay...
    I remember one of the first times I watched the movie... I was surprised when, in the next shot, I realised that how tiny the craft was, compared to the Death Star. In the shot which is equivalent to yours, I first thought that the shuttle would land in the big hangar? it wouldn't fit into the small one! [face_laugh] )

So your shot is really well done. ;)

3. darknikkos

Jun 27, 2005
    thks!
    i try to do the best tah i can.

just a question: i would like to know if someone have modelise that or not?

http://www.savefile.com/files/9540655

if not i can try to do it.
    it s an imprtant part of the endor battle!
    of course if someone can do it for me or give me more references to do it myself, he is welcome!!

4. darknikkos

Jun 27, 2005
    hi a little test for the previous pic of ds2 surface:

http://www.savefile.com/files/6548643

not very detailed just greeble plugin for the greeble and the main red structure

but i think it s sufficient for now

any comment...

5. DarkSapiens

Oct 2, 2005
    It's fine =D=

You could add some turrets and red parts, and that would be nearly perfect for the animation.

Good work.

P.S.: Please don't use Savefile if you only want to upload an image. Try Imageshack or something like that.

6. darknikkos

Jun 27, 2005
    [[[hi a little test for the previous pic of ds2 surface:

http://www.savefile.com/files/6548643

not very detailed just greeble plugin for the greeble and the main red structure

but i think it s sufficient for now

any comment...]]]

this reply is posted before... dont know why this one is come back...

7. darknikkos

Jun 27, 2005
    indeed, i will add gun turrets and red parts in the final anim of course it was just a test...

ok for the pics i will use imageshak cerntanly better for everyone

see u soon

8. darknikkos

Jun 27, 2005
    hi again!!

for the "DS2port" i will see it later....
    for now im woking on the beginning on the "Endor battle" anim itself.
    So, here is the very begining of The scene :

http://www.savefile.com/files/1039859

not too bad for me ...and for u?

i know, i know... it is only the coming out of the rebellion fleet...

bye all!

9. darthviper107

darthviper107 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2003
    You used radial blur didn't you? The Radial blur looks bad when something is not moving fast enough for there to be a blur, so I would take it off and leave the regular motion blur. And make sure that the camera doesn't go through any objects, to be realistic, a camera can't go through anything.

10. darknikkos

Jun 27, 2005
    hi again !!

so, to answer ur question:

in fact i m using an "hybrid method" which consists to use brazil render but with the "GI effect" disabled and i replace it by a "fake GI". less render time than the "real GI" and better results than scanline...
    so the blur is the Brazil motion blur effect and i don t think Brazil uses radial blur...perhaps i m wrong... if someone can confirm that.

for the objetc "crossing" the camera this is not important because this last part of the scene has been cut in post.

here is the new cut scene updated: http://www.savefile.com/files/2276184

the final battle is approaching...

any comments...

bye !!!!

11. Jedi-Washington

Jedi-Washington Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2003
    Very nice work so far. A little pixilated, but hopefully that will go away in the final version. From what I see so far, my main issue comes from giving the ships a little more life in the first shot. They are being flown by humans, so there would be a little more movement, especially in that b-wing. It flys straight up and down. A little rotation would be in order. When it comes to doing space scenes like this, rotating ships a bit makes it look more belivable, such as the cruiser in the second shot. Having it come in a few degrees off center fills up the scene a little bit. Ships wouldn't fly straight up and down. The second shot is a lot better about this, though it seems there are a few spots where ships make sudden movements, such as the b-wing that flys by the camera.

Besides little issues like that, and the texture render quality, it's coming out well. Good luck!

~JW

12. darknikkos

Jun 27, 2005
    hi all!!

i havent been time to rectify minor errors of previous anim i m searching fo now how present the fall off of the fleet. not very good for me because the transition between each scene is too speed (i think) if someone find an idea to improve this :

here is the link to see the scenes : http://www.savefile.com/files/9232608

a little help... any comment ....

thnks

bye all!!

13. Crunchy

Crunchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    the smaller fighters move kind of fast in that third shot where the falcon is leading them in a turn...

other than that it looks really good!!!!!!!

14. DarkSapiens

Oct 2, 2005
    For me, the only transition that may be too fast is the one between "S-foils in attack position" and "All craft pull up!" (I had to name them in some way... :p )

But this can be fixed. I would add two short takes between them:
    First: a shot showing some of the fighters from one side, perhaps even focusing on the falcon or its cockpit.
    Second: the shot in which the fighters are seen from behind, and the evasive maneuver begins.

Just my two cents ;)

I want to see that battle... In two weeks, I will continue working in my own animation, and yours is a difficult quality level to achieve... [face_peace]

Good work

15. darknikkos

Jun 27, 2005
    hi!!

finally... at least... some new stuff for u!

a little new endor battle's sequence!

no lasers because i ve not finished of course, and i want to improve this one... more ties... more main ships...more fighters!!

see u soon for more and more stuff... i hope lol!

bye!
    ooh i forgot,here is the link...:
    http://dl1u.savefile.com/df8b41a8e4e0284c3314b42016c701e5/battle.mov

16. darthviper107

Jun 26, 2003
    Looks pretty good, motion blur is weird, did you do anything to it? Besides that the only other thing is that the X-Wing goes through the camera a little bit but if you fix that it should be perfect.

17. darknikkos

Jun 27, 2005
    so
    fot the Mblur... unfortunatly it s impossible to do something... it s the Brazil blur plugin and i cant change anything, oooh perhaps reduce the blur duration ?
    fot the xwing, i admit i like when some fighters pass very close to the camera...
    and for this if u think the fighter is too close.. i can fix it if u want but i like it too ... sorry lol

i will see for that i wil see...

thnks for replies

bye!!

18. darthviper107

Jun 26, 2003
    Well, the motion blur doesn't look bad, it just looks like there are two methods applied. And as for the X-Wing, if you look at it frame by frame, it looks like the camera goes through it.

19. darknikkos

Jun 27, 2005
    hi!

here is a little laser test
    only millenium falcon and a tie fighter

bye

link:

http://dl1u.savefile.com/e41d12ef8698e94d3b68952703092171/chap33scene5testlaser.avi

20. darknikkos

Jun 27, 2005
    so, finally I ve quasi finished the new sequence
    this one shows many main ships, fighters, lasers.
    in the final cut i will add explosions for more realism.
    I dont know for u, but I think it s not too bad!!

the link:
    http://dl1u.savefile.com/4d70ed0c90c42b1cc151e866aa90f906/battlefinal.mov

oh my god lol!! I forgot the Mblur for the xwing lasers!!

I always forget something LOL!!
    so of course in the final cut... I will not forget anything I promise you lol!!
    sorry for that!
    bye!!

21. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

George Mezori SCIFI 3D Scifi 3D Forum star 4 VIP

Sep 10, 1999
    Invalid download session. Please initialize download session again

That's all I get when I try his links. Is it b/c of download limits, timeouts, etc.?

22. darknikkos

Jun 27, 2005
    oh sorry i dont understand.. really

i will put again the link sorry

the link

http://savefile.com/files/250112

23. DarkSapiens

Oct 2, 2005
    Thanks for updating the link. I got the same thing before... :p

I liked it. But, like some of them said before, there's a lot of blur there...
    Even the bigger cruisers are blurred, and they're moving slow. Also, when I see the shot frame by frame, I notice that the fighters are... transparent! Well, I'd try to fix that.

The other thing is the speed of the animation. For the fighters that speed can work OK, but the lasers are fired too rapidly. I think there should be more spacing between each shot and the next one for the same fighter.

Nice to see that you could continue working on this project. I'll be here waiting for more ;)

24. darthviper107

Jun 26, 2003
    Hmmm, the new one has too much motion blur, the lasers aren't really decided where they should go, it looks like they are all just shooting, in fact theres an x-wing shooting the millennium falcon, so it would be better if the lasers were actually aimed. Also, the lasers need to fade out faster, it seems like you could see them way too easily.

25. darknikkos

Jun 27, 2005
    So, for the motion blur... i m surprised by ur comments because, MB value is smaller than the previous sequence
    perhaps i must decrease the value again and again!

for the main ships ther is a explantion:

it is due to a lack of memory ( i must work in several plans). the first plan is background (biggest ships, planet, death star) with very little blur value, the second an third for secondary ships ( corvets, fregats, transports..)and the last for the fighters with a MB value of 0.5 ( others have a value of 0.25).

the problem is the camera is moving during the sequence and add a blur for each plan added ( i hope you understand,it s difficult fo me to explain you well sorry LOL).

for the transparancy.. i dont know why, perhaps when i encode with quicktime, or too much blur i dont know really!

of course with 2 or 3 Go of memory ( for now i have only 1.5 Go and its very difficult to make complex scene with that...)i will make the entire scene directly!

perhaps i must disable blur for big main ships and background, an enabled it only for the foreground!

For the others comments, i m sorry to say u you are right LOL!

lasers are too long to fade, are shooted not really logically, and the xwing is shooting on the falcon (i hadn t see that, poor falcon shooted by a stupid xwing noob pilot (me?)LOL).

but i posted my sequence to have these comments! i knew there was some problems.

for the lasers "random" shoots, i think i can add or move some xwings or others fighters,
    fot the xwing laser... shoot earlier in the sequence...
    i m some problems to fade the lasers, because im using "final glow" and not the classiq "post glow effect"
    more accurate, give better visual results but don t success to fade them (for now)
    of course it s just a little prob which will be solved soon ( i hope LOL)

bye!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.