main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Episode 3 - No Spoilers!

Discussion in 'Archive: York/Lancaster, PA' started by Rebel_Spook, Mar 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    OK, I was wondering who might be interested in starting to camp out for tickets for the midnight showing?

2. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    OK, folks, if you didn't realise this, I'm joking!

3. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    It's never too early! ;)

Well, that's not really true. Camping out for tickets can be a lot of fun though. I did it for Episode I, and I hope to be able to do it for Episode III, but I'm not sure if I'll have time. That'll be right around the end of my senior year of college, and I don't even want to think about all the other crazy things that will be going on then. :p

4. Asyr Handor

Asyr Handor Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 11, 1999
    I camped out for both TPM and AotC. I was so disapointed by AotC that I've never watched it again, almost don't want to camp out. How depressing. I even went in Rogue Squadron costume. ;)

5. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    I have no real intention of camping out, unless there is a large contingent of folks wanting to. I waited for 6 hours the morning TPM opened to get tickets (there were 3 people ahead of me), and I ordered my AOTC through Fandango the day they became available for order.

6. Rogue5_Echo3

Rogue5_Echo3 Jedi Youngling

Aug 20, 2004
    I've never camped out for any of the movies, but I hope to this time. Even though Episodes I and II weren't that good (I thought) I somehow think Episode III will be better. So I'm going to try my best to camp out for tickets.

7. Jedipete33

Jedipete33 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2004
    Well, I have to disagree about you not thinking Episode I and II were not that great. But I do agree that Episode III will probably be one of the best sw movies ever.

While I would never camp out, I would however like to go to the midnight showing of Episode III if I can get a costume to wear.

8. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    I highly doubt the need to camp out for tickets for Ep3. In this area there is not that much overt interest in SW movies and trying to do a camp out would just have us lloking like idiots. I plan to use Fandango to get the tickets, like I did for Ep2. I would be more than happy to buy them for anyone in the group when the time comes.

And, yes, I will be going to the midnight showing of Ep3. I went to the midnight showings for 1 and 2, and I can't break the tradition. I will definitely have at least one costume ready, though without others with me in costume, I may not wear one there.

9. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    Well I definetly want to go to the midnight showing costume or not.

Now off subject swshop now has some new Episode III items you can look at.

10. Asyr Handor

Oct 11, 1999
    Definitely up for the midnight showing. Can't break that tradition, it's been going on for all the prequels and when they rereleased the classis trilogy in the theaters.

11. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    I didn't know that the midnight showings were done for the SEs.

Asyr, would you want to join us down here for the midnight opening or will you just see it up there in Carlisle? I went to the Regal Cinemas at Manor Shopping Center in Lancaster for Ep2, that is the best theater in this area.

12. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    I just got my Revenge of the Sith t-shirt in the mail from swshop and it is awesome! Now I feel like a true sw fan. I don't think I'll want to where any other shirt from now on.

13. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Um, Scott, if that is the only shirt you plan to wear from now on, then you had better get used to people not wanting to be close to you, or washing the shirt a lot! :p

I plan to get at least one of the ROTS shirts in the future. They are pretty sweet looking and it reminds me so much of the ROTJ logo and merchandise from back in '83! A time before you and your brother were even born! Oy, does that make me feel old...

14. TenguJedi

TenguJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 29, 2002
    That's because you ARE old Dave.. :)

Tengu

15. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    You are one to talk, old man! This is definitely a case of pot calling the kettle black! :D

Good to see you hanging around the board again!

16. TenguJedi

TenguJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 29, 2002
    LOL

Yeah well I've been keeping an eye on things.. Lurking about as it were.

Tengu

17. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    I read on theforce.net main page under an article that George Lucas says that Episode III might be rated pg-13. Do you think, if it's true that it will effect the sales at the box office?

18. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    It will definatly be PG like every other SW film.

!snap

19. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Well, apparently Lucas is trying to stir up contraversy with the press coverage of whether it will be PG or PG-13, I have already seen it talked about on CNN and FOX News Channel.

I wouldn't be overly surprised to see Lucas make his last SW installment PG-13. He's gotten a bit twisted in his old age. Did ya'll know he personally designed the dress Amidala wore in the dinner scene in AOTC, the black one with the choker collar?

20. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    Ok I posted else where on the boards about this but who wants to see AT-AT walkers or some kind in ROTS cause I sure want to see them.

21. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    I'd say there is a very good likelihood that ships/vehicles that were seen in the OT will make their way into RotS, because we have already seen the speederbikes in AotC and the AT-ATs and other vehicles in the Clone Wars comics and books.

22. Asyr Handor

Oct 11, 1999
    Right, this will be excellent! I must admit that my favorite part of AotC was when we suddenly started seeing clone troopers and music that was reminiscent of the OT. It's really starting to complete the circle and I love it.

23. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Are you talking about the very end where the clones are staging and the ships are taking off? I loved that scene, with putting the music in that they did, it gave me goosebumps! And that's saying a lot as the PT has not impressed me much. I still have hopes for RotS, but I'm not getting my expectations too high...

24. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    "The circle is now complete, when I left I was but the learner now I am the master."

The first line sums it up completely, get it completely. Ha! I crack myself up. But really I feel ROTS is gonna be one of the best sw movies ever!

And I know why, Anakin's hair. He just looks so much cooler with long hair and the scar.

25. Asyr Handor

Oct 11, 1999
    Spook, that is it exactly!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.