main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Episode 3 Planning

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB, Jun 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    I forgot to post that while Darren, Duane, the Ewoks and I were in costume at the Greece Mall we stopped by the theatre there to chat with the manager (Chris Tanski - who happens to be a former Media Play co-worker) and he said he'd love to do something with us, but to come back in March.

What theatres are people interested in other than Greece & Tinseltown? I was wondering if there was enough interest to pick one theatre for each of the 4 days of opening weekend and do a sort of Rebellion tour. For example, Tinseltown opening night, Greece Friday evening, Regal on Saturday and someplace else Sunday. Would people be up for that? I know we still have a few months to prepare, but it was just a thought...

~Doc_Bev

2. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    OK that's one theater to think about. Doing a different theater every day around Rochester is not a bad idea. I would only be able to do Opening night, Sat. and Sunday. I do not know how Tincil Town opening night would work out if we want to be in Line. So we got Tinsel Town, Regal Henrietta, Greece, and then maybe Regal Irondicoit.

3. TD-027

TD-027 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 27, 2004
    A Rebellion Tour Hey?? Hmmmmm..... I like it Nicky! Good Idea! I'd do it if everyone else was in.

Duane

4. DarkjediAssasin

DarkjediAssasin Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2003
    for me, all depends on finals. i thnk that's finals week. i'll see what happens thought. it's too early to say for me

5. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    Ok so anyone have any further ideas as how we should celebrate Episode 3 ROTS the first Weekend at a theater or theaters. I think it may be a little to much to try and do more then one theater but its up to the group to decide. I would like us to concentrate on Tinsel Town first and see what they say. I guess we will approach them in March. We could advertise the weekend events before hand there the month before and do a food drive raffle like we did for Ep.2 Imax. All we have to do is contact Food link and tell them what we are doing and where to drop off the barrel. I personally do not know what my work scheduling will be.

6. BlueRoommate

BlueRoommate Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2002
    I officially can't join you. I'll be starting basic training that week. (Is it unfair that I have to report in on the 17th to be there the 18th???) So, I'll see the movie 9 weeks after everyone else.

7. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    That's too bad BlueRoommate.
    But congratulations (if that's the correct sentiment) on your upcoming Basic Training.

~Doc_Bev

8. BlueRoommate

Nov 1, 2002
    Thanks very much!! I'm actually very excited about it. We'll just have to see ROTS again when I get home, I'm sure it'll still be playing somewhere by then!

9. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    Thats great. Good for you. What service are you going in?

10. BlueRoommate

Nov 1, 2002
    Army reserve, and I'm starting ROTC in the fall as a junior. So in 2 years, I'll be an officer in the army, I'll have my degree, and I'll have guaranteed job after college. I'm excited.

11. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I've set up a meeting for next Wednesday the 16th at 6:30pm to meet with the promotions manager at Tinseltown. If anyone else is interested in attending with me I'm sure that would be fine. Although now that I think about it I didn't specifically mention I'd be bringing anyone with me, but I don't foresee a problem.

I would like to be able to give her a rough head count of costumed and non-costumed volunteers (specifically for the midnight showing, but also opening weekend). So who's interested?

I'm also going to bring along some photos of folks in costume and samples of our handouts so that I have some visual aids so-to-speak during our conversation. FYI, everything that I mentioned over the phone to her (folks in costume, table with fliers, collecting for Food Link, etc) she said sounded great and this meeting is really just to discuss and firm up plans.

This ball is on a roll! But, I'm going to need help to keep the momentum building. I want to use the VG toy show as sort our kick-off to Episode III events with the toy release shortly there-after. Then of course there's CIII (for those attending), Free Comic Book day and the Lilac Parade. Every event we're involved in between now and the premiere are all excellent opportunities to promote our club!

~Doc_Bev

12. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    You can count on us for most of the weekend events, I might have to work part of it at the mall but the rest i'll make myseld available for it.

13. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    Hopefully I can attend the midnight showing and help out in costume and stuff. Not sure about the weekend.

14. TS-042

TS-042 Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2005
    I would add that I had a great experience at Regal at Eastview Mall for the Spiderman 2 release. I was in my Spidey costume and everyone was supportive and receptive. It would also make for a great tour to hit westside, greece and South east as I have lots of friends who want to go with me to the movie but wouldn't like to make the trip from way out in Geneva to Tinsel Town.

042-Mike

15. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    I make the trip from 2 hours away for Tinsel Town! I saw Episode I and II in there and the atmosphere is just great. (So were all the nice people that helped with the Imax release there). ;)

16. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    I can be there Wednesday at 6:30. I should be able to help out that weekend Sat. in the afternoon till evening and Sunday. Possibly Friday night as well. I

17. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Reminder: Tonight at 6:30pm I am meeting with the promotions manager at Tinseltown. Anyone who wants to join me in discussing EIII plans for our club is welcome to attend. Looks like so far it will be my clan plus SWF-JPB.

~Doc_Bev

18. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    We had a very successful meeting with Sherry at Tinseltown. I will post more of the details later. We just got home from the theatre - she offered us free tickets to Robots.

One quick thing - she'd like us to come for the premiere of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy to promote ourselves and the fact that we'll be there for the EIII premiere. So pencil in April 29th on your calendars and let me know your availability in the new thread for that premiere.

~Doc_Bev

19. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    OK... let's see if I can weed through my notes...

The first thing that needs to get done is - the theatre would like us to provide a poster ASAP that would advertise our presence at both the Hitchhiker and EIII premieres. We would also advertise any charity work (like the FoodLink bucket) that we would be doing as well. Darren will start working on this after the Toy Show. However, we can now mention to folks at the Toy Show that we will be at Tinseltown.

The promotions mangager is only 50% sure that they will have a midnight showing. Until the new manager comes in at the end of the month, she can't ask him about it. However, working under the assumption that there will be one I asked what additional times/days she'd like us there. Basically the answer was whenever we want! She said the 7pm showing on Friday the 20th would probably be the next busiest showing after the midnight one.

We will be provided a changing area underneath one of the theatres that can be locked. Seats will be roped off for us, but we'll need to supply a non-costumed volunteer to defend them so that when the costumed folks are done changing they will still be there.

Sherry advised that tickets for the midnight showing should be purchased by one person on May 17th. If we get 20 or more people to place a combined order we may receive a discount. I am willing to get the tickets since I can bring my "work" with me while I'm waiting in line.

If we decide to do a charity raffle, we could display the raffle prizes in one of their glass cabinets along with one of our advertising posters. Tinseltown will put in a family 4-pack of tickets towards the raffle prizes.

I think that covers the major stuff...

~Doc_Bev

20. HothGirl

Dec 23, 2002
    Oh come on! Half the fun of it is watching the movie IN costume! :D

Hehee...

21. -KnightShade-

-KnightShade- Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2004
    That may just depends on the costume :D.

22. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    Yeah.... like can you actually sit down in it.

23. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Just to update, I emailed Tinseltown asking if a decision had been reached about a midnight showing and this is the answer I received on Tuesday:

Our new manager hasn't started yet, he starts this weekend. I can talk to him on his first day. However all of the managers I have talked to believe there will be one.

I should be getting another email hopefully by Monday at the latest to let us know what the plan will be. I am hoping that KnightShade can then get our poster done advertising that we'll be there for Hitchhiker's and EIII.

~Doc_Bev

24. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Once again it looks like tickets might be going on sale while we're away at Celebration just like for AOTC...

I'll have to talk to Tinseltown tonight when we drop off the posters and see what they have to say...

~Doc_Bev

25. HothGirl

Dec 23, 2002
    D'oh! I wonder if Tinseltown would be willing to hold tickets for us so we don't miss out....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.