main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN EU Discussion Thread v. 2 - LOTF, KotOR, Dark Times, Rebellion, Legacy and more! (Spoilers!!!)

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jedi Trace, Apr 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hothiceplanet2187

Hothiceplanet2187 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 2, 2008
    I don't read all that much.

I have read all the star wars movie novels.
    I have a timeline list of the novels.
    I do get into the books and at times do get to read some of them.

What I do is figure out which series of books I will read and find them all and then read them.

I just read "The Clone Wars" junior novel 2 days ago.
    I will get the Clone Wars novel and the force unleashed novels this week and then read those.

I recently read "The Bounty Hunter Wars" series.
    I finished after that
    The Truce At Bakura
    The Courtship of Princess Leia
    Tatooine Ghost

I really liked thoughs.

2. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    I just got through with the new Clone Wars novelization. I enjoyed it quite a bit!!! Karen rocks at writing Anakin, that's for sure.

3. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    I started reading Jedi Twilight. It's good! I really like the narrative style.

Hey Rhonda & Nicki- At the Con in Little Rock, one of the comic sellers cut me a deal on some tpb's of the Marvel SW series and I came across a really good issue last night. It's very Luke/Vader/Anakin-centric and has a rather poignant conversation between ghostie Anakin (circa Sebastian Shaw) and Luke.

Oh! And there's a great scene between Luke & Leia when they're talking about Vader. Leia says:

"But Luke, even if most people choose to forget it, he turned back to good at the end, and helped topple the Emperor...for you! You don't need to be ashamed of him."

WORD. :cool:

Even back then, Marvel got it when the novels never have.

4. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Amen, babe!!

I need to read Jedi Twilight. I love Michael Reeves' style. The man is an incredible writer. (And I love it when he and Steve Perry team up.)

And I've decided not even to bother reading the last LotF book. I've had enough mental anguish this year. I don't need any more. I'm pretty much done with post-ROTJ SW novels, especially anything that's a duology, trilogy, or arc. I hear arc and I think Ark, as in Ark of the Covenant, as in Lost Ark, as in "I wish Del Rey's story arc of nine books would be lost before they were published". (I'm glad you followed me on that one.)

I need to pick up the comics again. I've read one TPB each of KOTOR and Legacy. I need to reread them and get up to speed, mainly so I can know just what the hell Traci and Nicki are talking about. :p

5. TNPredsFan

TNPredsFan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2004
    :eek: Shame on you! [face_shame_on_you]

Don't make me destroy you. /Vader

I enjoyed Jedi Twilight. I'm not sure if Michael Reeves naturally understands Vader, or if he has picked it up over the years collaborating with Steve Perry.

How sad is it when we are all shocked that we enjoyed a SW novel? o_O

Now to read The Clone Wars novelization....

6. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Yes, you definitely need some background information before you can join us in discussing the size of Zayne's Talisman.

7. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    You really need to play the KOTOR games too. Ideally before reading the comics, as they set up a lot of stuff that the comics use. Plus they're outstanding in their own right and better than the PT (just a shame the ending of KOTOR 2 got absolutely butchered to hell and back by deadlines). I know they've done figures of Darth Revan, Malak and Nihilus too IIRC, but we can't not have Bastila, Mission Vao, Big Z, HK-47, T3-M4, Visas, Juhani, the Handmaiden, and Kreia!

8. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Is it out for Playstation? Then I could have Emma play it for me and explain it.

9. TNPredsFan

Nov 10, 2004
    Nope, XBox only.

10. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    I've never played the game and I've been able to follow the KotOR comics story relatively well. I only get confused when guys over in the Lit forums start bringing up characters/events from the game and I have to ask Nicki what the heck they're talking about. 8-}

11. Commander Antilles

Jul 21, 1999
    Both games are out on PC too, and should be pretty cheap since they're a few years old.

12. TNPredsFan

Nov 10, 2004
    Well, sometimes an interpreter droid comes in handy in Lit. :p

13. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    There are a lot of places an interpreter droid comes in handy, and not all of them are here on TFN!

14. TNPredsFan

Nov 10, 2004
    It's official, folks. Del Rey's contract has been extended through 2013 for 35 novels and 10 non-fiction books. [face_plain]

The first item up is a 9-book, 3-author series called Fate of the Jedi set after LOTF. Aaron Allston, Christie Golden (say it with me, who?!) and Troy Denning will write the Fate of the Jedi series. This series will be all hardbacks.

Ain't no way I'm ever reading anything by Troy Denning again. Thanks, but no thanks, Del Rey. Dark Horse will get even more of my money.

http://www.starwars.com/vault/books/news20080912.html

15. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    I've moved on to Chic Lit... forget 'em.

16. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I'm done with post-ROTJ SW Lit. And there's no way in hell I'm spending money on another 9-book series from Del-Rey after the crap they pulled with the last 12 total-crap books they've smacked the SW label on. Parts of the NJO were bad, but they've just completely run out of ideas on what to do with the movie characters, and the Dark Nest and LOTF series were proof of that fact.

I'm with y'all on switching to Dark Horse. (I just need to catch up.)

17. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    It's not the hardback thing or even the size of the arc that bothers me - I liked the NJO - it's this, as Rhonda called it, 'formula' that they keep ramming down our throats.

I may check them out from the library, maybe, but they ain't getting a dime of my money. [face_plain]

18. Commander Antilles

Jul 21, 1999
    I don't know what you're all complaining about!

Who wouldn't want to read about Luke Skywalker's adventures in the Old Jedi Retirement Home (thrill to his getting to grips with a gimer stick, laugh at him not remembering where he's left his lightsabre, smile at him grumbling about how you just can't teach Padawans anything these days....). Or Han Solo's battle with the Galactic Pilot Licensing Agency to prove that he can still see well enough to fly the Falcon safely? And Leia writing a book called How to Tell if Your Kid is a Sith Lord (forewords by Shmi Skywalker and Padme Skywalker).

19. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

=D=

20. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
  21. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    And that, your honor, is when Ben pwnd Del-Rey.

=D==D==D=

22. Commander Antilles

Jul 21, 1999
    Thank you, thank you

//takes a bow

23. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Three words: The Force Unleashed.

Loooooooooooooooooooooved it! =D=

Go read it, EU fans! You won't regret it. :D

24. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
  25. TNPredsFan

Nov 10, 2004
    You got it today? Wow. Tim was worried that it was gonna be late.

I looked at it in Books-A-Million a couple of weeks ago, and it is huge. Don't drop that thing on your foot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.