main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub ~~EUC Jedi~~ The Guardians of Light

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by CPL_Macja, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Zeltron

The_Zeltron Jedi Master star 6

Sep 29, 2010
    Padawan General Valerian, after thoroughly reading through your initiate tasks, the first thing I noticed was that none of them had anything to do with lightsaber training/combat. Therefore, your next task is to describe the form and fighting style (including use of the Force besides foresight) of a Jedi you respect as a duelist. Since I also noticed most of your tasks seem to be related to more peaceful and thought-involving methods, please pick a Jedi that uses one of the more aggressive forms (Forms IV, V, and VII). Any questions can be PMed to me. :)

2. General Valerian

General Valerian Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 6, 2013
    My great pleasure, Master!

I already know who to choose. ;)

3. The_Zeltron

The_Zeltron Jedi Master star 6

Sep 29, 2010
    Glad to hear it! :)

General Valerian likes this.
  4. General Valerian

General Valerian Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 6, 2013
    The_Zeltron

The Jedi whose form and style I chose to describe is Master Windu.

He utilizes Form VII: Vaapad, and is, in fact, the only Jedi Master known to date to have completely mastered this extremely aggressive and difficult lightsaber technique.

Vaapad is a unique form; it is described as much more than a fighting style: a state of mind which dances dangerously close to the Dark Side of the Force (which is the reason why others who attempted to master it, such as Sora Bulq, eventually fell). The user requires to relish the battle and have deep satisfaction in his victory over his foe.
    What Vaapad does, literally:

"The practitioner of Vaapad would accept the fury of their opponent transforming them into one half of a superconducting loop, with the other half being the power of darkness inherent in the opponent."
    - Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force.

What this essentially means is that the use of Vaapad gives Windu a significant advantage over any dark sider, precisely because it turns the fury of the opponent against him along with the darkness inherent in him. One could argue that Vaapad is the reason why Windu was able to defeat Darth Sidious.

Vaapad is described as an extremely aggressive fighting style, and it requires the complete mastery of every other lightsaber form in order to even attempt to master it. It needs a constant flow of Force energy to keep Windu from exhausting himself. The motions of each slash seem to be random, as if he was an untrained swordsmen who doesn't know how to coordinate the attacks. In truth, though, it only seems that way to inexperienced eyes because actually, the user is so immersed in the fight, that he becomes one with his lightsaber, and is in a state of utter focus as the slightest mistake can either lead to the dark side or cost Windu his life, due to the huge power barely contained within the form.

This form is also so fast that (to the naked eye) it seems as if he is wielding multiple lightsabers simultaneously. This is indeed the factual reason as to why it's called Vaapad: a reference to Vaapad creatures, monsters that attack with their tentacles at astonishing speeds.
    Vaapad is not only a lightsaber form, it can be used in unarmed combat, as well. An excellent example of this is during an episode of the CW mini-series where Windu takes on a droid army single handedly, punching their circuits at an extremely fast, impossible-to-see rate.

Anakin Skywalker (quoted from the RotS novelization) describes Windu's bladework against Sidious "an oblate sphere of purple fire". A clear proof of the form's speed.

The Master described this form as it being an answer to his own weakness, allowing his inner darkness to become something positive.

Due to Vaapad's unique, difficult-to-master and dangerous nature, Windu ordered the form would only be learned under his direct authorization.

The_Zeltron and JacensGirl like this.
  5. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    *rolls over during his break from work and just lies on his back while staring upside-down at people* Blargh!

6. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    How's it going Sarge?

7. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Pretty much reduced to working and sleeping this week >.> Overnight job 10:00pm-6:30am then day job from as early as 7am to as long as 1pm. Usually my day job isn't that busy during the spring and summer season but we're doing inventory prep so...

Figured it'd be a good time to knock Alec out for a while since I'll be knocked out during my free time. Let everyone else post and hope that by the time we go back to the Temple I'll be less busy and allow Alec to wake back up.

8. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Ohhh that sounds like 'fun'... >.> Hope you get at least some sleep. I know what your one job is. But what is your second job?

9. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    I have three total >.> My weekend paintball job and then I work freight at both Home Depot (overnight) and Kohls (morning).

10. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Gottcha. Go to sleep while you eat and don't forget a shower and to brush your teeth. Right?

11. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Right, right. I've been making sure to keep up with those trivial things >.>

12. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Good. :p Take care of you. :)

13. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    Dear Master Tim Battershell,

here is the task that you have been waiting for at least one and a half monthes, I'm deeply sorry that you have to wait such a long time. I hope that this answer will light up your beautiful Wednesday night.

The Three Pillars of The Jedi

The three pillars of the Jedi are: the Force, Knowledge and Self-Discipline.

The first pillar is the Force, and like I said in my first task, it has two aspects: The Living Force and The Unifying Force. And we Jedi are blessed with the gift of swimming in the Force in every moments of our life.

Let's start with The Living Force, it is the life energy that sings to you when you pass by plants and animals. You can sense through it when somebody dies, it might also gives you a shock when too many people die at once.

The Unifying Force: binds the stars and the planets in time and place. It is through this Force the Jedi can see the future and past. The Force has a will, and it is this voice that whispers your destiny and makes not mistakes. The meaning of to commune with the Unifying Force is that you temporarily leave your body behind, and that allows you to walk in the past or see the future.

Where there is light, there is dark use many people to say. The Force is the same too. We have the light side of the Force and the dark side of the Force. Jedi must not dive into this trap. If you do, the trap will just drag you deeper and deeper into it. And you might never get out of it. Passions like anger, hate and fear must be avoided. Because they are the easier way to the Dark Side.

If one can't control oneself, he can't never master the way of the Force.

The second pillar is Knowledge, it is the most important part of the three pillars. If it isn't for the knowledge, you couldn't have stood in the sparring arena and dueled with a Master and you couldn't have survived in a battle field. If it isn't for the knowledge, you might never become a Jedi Knight. So, as you can, it is important, it is very important.

Most see Knowledge as knowing something, but it is much more than just knowing something. It is knowing something and being able to put that something to use, being able to put the information you know into use. Through knowledge, including wisdom, you learn and explore new possibilities, new things, and new places, and put that knowledge to use.

Quote from The Jedi Path: From knowledge, wisdom grows. - Yoda

The third pillar of the Jedi is Self-discipline, many Initiates are eager to get a hand on a lightsaber and start swing it, but it is impossible to wield a lightsaber before you have mastered the action of your physical self.

Meditation is the main key to self-discipline, through meditation a Jedi can sharpen his mind and purges all negative emotions that can lead attachment. In total there are three types of meditation, those three are: Empty Meditation, Moving Meditation and Rising Meditation.

The stillness of Empty Meditation allows Jedi to center themselves and achieve a deeper inner peace. It purges all of your negative emotions and take you a step back from attachment.

Jedi who enters Moving Meditation feel as if they can manage any task. It is an awake-state that reduces distraction and increases your focus on a task.

Rising meditation can broaden your connection to the Force to such a degree that you may find your body rises from the ground. In this state, you may hear the visions and prophesies of The Unifying Force.

The best place to meditate, for me personally, must be the Room of a Thousand Fountains, where the sound of falling waters is calming and centering. Other wise there are also several meditation chambers in the Temple that you can use when you are having trouble isolating your mind.

Thank you for your attention. :) :p

Iron_lord likes this.
  14. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
  15. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    Thank you, Master. :)

Iron_lord likes this.
  16. awesomejedi

awesomejedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    Master Mitth_Fisto here is my completed task.:)
    For your next task I would like you to search for and describe four different kinds of force wielding animals.

Four Force wielding animals are akk dogs and vornskrs, who use the Force to hunt, the beck-tori, which is a parasitic animal that heals itself with the Force, and Jako beasts which are arctic creatures that use the Force to defend themselves.

17. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    Where is everybody? Hello?????

Iron_lord likes this.
  18. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    *whispers from the shadows*

Maybe they are meditating...

:p

[​IMG]

19. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    [face_laugh]

I can sense you, Bardan. I know you are there.

:p

Iron_lord likes this.
  20. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
  21. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    So what is a bounty hunter doing while the masters are meditating?

Iron_lord likes this.
  22. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Well that would be telling now wouldn't it? [face_devil]

[​IMG]

23. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Which is why I meditate with one eye open.

BultarSwan likes this.
  24. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
  25. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Naw he stays in that armor so long I can smell him coming :p

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

JacensGirl and BultarSwan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.