main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Evanescence at the TD Waterhouse Centre

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Pikaroth, Jun 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    Click here, Brandon, and learn all you need to know. :)

L8r

2. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    I've not yet become a fan of Evanescence, but today at the library I picked up "The String Quartet Tribute to Evanescence." Do you fans know about this, approve of it, etc? I'll leave my thoughts on it in a few days. Like those that watch movie adaptations before they read the books, I'm going to hear these renditions, in all but 2 cases, before I hear the original songs. -Campbell

3. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    Not a fan? NOT A FAN?! I am shocked, sir! Seriously, I've never heard of the CD that you have, and now I must find it!

I did, in fact, with their "Origin" CD on eBay, and it actually has some really good stuff on it. Track 5 is a new personal favorite, and even the reprise, Track 9, I believe, is great, too.

Also, Mike, thank you for the link. It is very good. It seems, before Origin at least, that their other CDs were basically just burned copies of their music that was handed out. :) Too funny. I'd love to have them, but now that I have Origin and Fallen, I consider those the "real" ones, and, really, when it comes down to it, Origin is just an over-glorified demo CD (in a way).

So, when they come back to Orlando or the Orlando area (even Tampa or something), everyone is going to go this time, right?

Brandon

4. JediScout

JediScout Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    Evawho?

5. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Evans-essence. It's a substance I'm not allowed to talk about. See Dr. Strangelove for details. -Campbell

6. heatherbird1

heatherbird1 Jedi Youngling

Aug 25, 2004
  7. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    ?

Bringing this to the top again... but with a new question! How in the hell does one obtain a so-called "backstage pass" that you always see in movies and hear about but never actually come across? I'm not counting for some generic little thing happening in a little bar or something, but for something like this Evanescence concert or any other *big* group or person.

I ask because I have come across them on eBay (not usable now, of course, but from people who claim to have had them from when they came to various cities). Fake or not is not really the issue to me right now. I know this Backstage Pass World exists, or, like many things in life (dangerous objects in trick-or-treat candy, ghost in Three Men and a Baby, the Great Wall of China is visible from space, toilets flush clockwise in the Northern Hemisphere and counterclockwise in the Southern Hemisphere) is it just a big urban myth with no basis in fact?

Brandon

8. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    Sometimes radio stations will give them out in some promotion they're doing. I've never gotten one, so I don't know what other avenues are available, other than knowing the band or the promoter.

L8r

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.