main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Char, NC [EVENT] Free Comic Book Day @ Rebel Base Comics, Sat. May 3rd (MAW Charity Collection)

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jada, Apr 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    What is Free Comic Book Day? (FCBD)

Free Comic Book Day is a single day when participating comic book shops across North America and around the world give away comic books absolutely free* to anyone who comes into their stores.

We'll be joining up with the 501st and Rebel Legion to help out at Rebel Base with FCBD and the Make-A-Wish donation. What we need from the Fan Force are folks willing to come out and help by collecting donations, making sure characters in costume don't get sideswiped ;) and coordinating picture taking, etc.

TK-2970 will post more about the times, etc. I just wanted to get this out there.

2. Jedi_Stardancer

Jedi_Stardancer Jedi Youngling

Aug 12, 2007
    Is Comic Monstore doing the donation collection as well for Make a Wish?

3. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Not that I know of.

4. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    I think it is so great that the stores are allowing charitable works to coincide on this day at their stores.. the store here in Tucson is letting the 501st collect toys on this day.

5. roydh

roydh Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 18, 2007
    cant go got to work

6. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Oh bummer, Roy. We were looking forward to seeing you. :(

7. OutlawAssassin

OutlawAssassin Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2008
    Hello All,
    I'm new on the forums here, when is this event taking place. All day ??

Thanks

8. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    They are located at:

701-C South Sharon Amity
    Charlotte, NC

The store is in a small strip mall right before (or after depending on which way you are driving) the intersection of Providence and Sharon Amity. There is a Fedex next to the mall and a Starbucks [face_love].

The sign will say Comics and Toys. The store is located downstairs in the strip mall. I prefer to enter the store from the back (I usually make a left on Providence and then make a u-turn, go into the Starbucks entrance and follow the parking lot straight back. There is a fence but there is a gate there). (Oh . . . and I usually stop and get a Starbucks :p [face_coffee]).

Is that helpful?

Oh and welcome to the forum! :D

9. TuskenFan

TuskenFan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2005
    Hey OutlawAssassin! I remember you posting on the Carolina Garrison boards. How's the costume coming? I'll be at this event dressed as a Tusken. The one thing I think Jada did not mention was how long we were going to be there. We will be there from the time the shop opens at 11am until about 2pm, maybe 3pm, depending on the crowd.

10. OutlawAssassin

Apr 29, 2008
    Yeah that was probably me. Its going ok, i'm getting ready to order some armor. I didn't like mine that i made so i'm going to buy some. But im working on a scratch build helmet and also repainting another one that i have. I will be coming down to Rebel base saturday around 11. Gonna bring my son with me he loves Star Wars too.

11. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Do you know about the Mando mercs? Here is their website:

Mandos

They have some good tutorials. For awhile my sithling was talking about being a Mando but now she wants to be an Imperial Officer and then I'll be making her a Tenal Ka Jedi Padawan costume. Yeah . . . rancor tooth lightsaber hilt. [face_plain] :p

edit:

If anyone wants to join us for dinner that night we'll be celebrating a sithling's birthday at the Northlake Mall TGIFriday's at 7:30pm. But let me know you'll be coming.

12. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Well, here is the situation folks. TK-2970 is very ill and I'm waiting for the doctor to call to see if we are going to put him in the hospital. There are people at Rebel Base now but whether or not I make it is iffy.

13. roydh

Aug 18, 2007
    hope everything is ok need anything let me know

14. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    It's been a really LONG day. Luis was at the hospital for about 5 hours. And then we had my daughter's birthday party. Halfway through she ended up sick. Ugh, poor thing puked in the car. There was nothing I could do but get her home.

However, the guys did raise $111 for Make-A-Wish. [face_dancing] Go guys.

15. OutlawAssassin

Apr 29, 2008
    I hope all is well, we missed you guys..
    Get well soon...Family

16. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I'm really sorry I missed meeting you.

Check your email btw. ;)

17. OutlawAssassin

Apr 29, 2008
    Hey thats ok, family comes first i know how it is. I plan on being around so I'm sure we'll get another chance. I got the mail, thank you for the invite but I have to work that night. Hows your family doing? Feeling better?

18. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Both of them are very weak and now I'm getting the tummy bug. Yuk.

Anyways, Troy is a sweetheart and set aside some comicbooks for us.

Yes, family is always first. I just hate that my youngling missed this since she was excited for it.

19. Jedi_Stardancer

Jedi_Stardancer Jedi Youngling

Aug 12, 2007
    Jada, TK, Sorry that you guys got hit hard this week. Hope you all get better soon! But I'm glad that 501st was able to raise some cash for Make a Wish. Comic Monstore was in the spirit of the day as well and sends their love :)

20. roydh

Aug 18, 2007
    hope everyone is well if not get well soon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.