main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX EVENT: Medieval Times night of fun and friends

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by THX_Jedi, Mar 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LebaDraddog

LebaDraddog Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2002
    and how much are tickets to your show, Traci? I couldn't spend much, and I haven't talked to Steph about it, but I know we were reaching deep to go to Medieval Times.

2. CrimsonVision

CrimsonVision Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    Oh it's only the cost of a movie, $7.50! :) And if you wanna buy a prop pack full of fun stuff to throw they go for $3

Not to much, right? :D

3. LebaDraddog

Nov 19, 2002
    that price works. Now I just gotta persuade Stephanie to stay out late. What would be the show time, and how long is it?

Edit: Jeff, sorry for hijacking the thread, but I think everyone might want this same info, plus it is still about that night... :D

4. Darth_Chocolate

Darth_Chocolate Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    showtime is midnight... and it's got a running time of 100min.

but with all the gags and "the rules" (don't say it traci, brian will ban you), it usually doesn't start right at 12:00, usually closer to 12:30. and you'll want time to clean up and get dressed afterwards. ;)

5. CrimsonVision

Sep 4, 2002
    Yep, its starts a bit after midnight. In our new theatre we are 'required' to start by 12:20 so its a quicker start time than it used to be.

Oh, I forgot to mention. This new theatre is the Magnolia which has a pretty good bar with a very cute bartender who is VERY liberal with the liquor! And better yet; you can bring your drinks into the theatres with you!

Would love to see as many people I know in the audience as possible for my first show!

6. Darth_Chocolate

Mar 21, 2002
    Well, judging by the fact that you, Traci, are saying that the bartender is cute, i'm kinda assuming that it is a HE. Which makes no bearing to most of us that HE is cute. Now the fact that HE makes good drinks is nice, and that we can bring them into the theater is even nicer. Cause nothing beats a couple hundred drunks slurring out screamer lines and doing the Time Warp.

I can't wait!!

God I need a digital camera with night vision!

7. CrimsonVision

Sep 4, 2002
    Sorry, I should have clarified.

The bartender is a hot blonde woman.

;)

8. LebaDraddog

Nov 19, 2002
    hmm. that's late. very late. I doubt seriously I could get Stephanie to go to that; and it's a late one for me, too, but we'll see.

I've always wanted to go to one of these, too, so maybe I can use that. :) Sounds like a blast! :D

9. Darth_Chocolate

Mar 21, 2002
    Blonde? Blonde you say?? Well then, that changes everything.

You go to your show... I'll be at the bar. :) Still need that digital camera though... ;) Huh? What? Oh sorry, forgot I was still typing. :eek:

10. THX_Jedi

THX_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    OK, here is the list of those who have paid and have been confirmed:

Jeff
    Mike
    Brian
    Traci
    Kristi + adult
    James (HoboZuckuss)
    Kevin + child
    Lisa + child
    Abel + adult
    James M.
    -------------------------
    I can still accept more people until 12:00 noon on Thursday. They said it's a possibility of walk ups at the last minute but no guarantee that they will be able to sit with the group.

The reservation has already been made and paid for. The show starts at 6:00pm but we need to be there at 5:00pm. So everyone plan on getting there an hour early. :D

See eveyone there.

:cool:

11. Setine

Setine Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2001
    Jeff,
    Question...are we just meeting outside and go in as a group or what???

Kristi

12. THX_Jedi

Nov 18, 2000
    We'll meet in the lobby. It's not like a real resturant, more like a play. They gather people in the lobby, then let everyone in after several characters talk to us from a balcony. They have a gift shop and a medieval museum you can also checkout.

13. Setine

Setine Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2001
    I know I am asking for details...lol so don't shoot me. We are just going to walk up and say "hi I am part of .... group?" Or will they make us all wait till we have the group together. lol Sorry.

Traci- can I get the address for the Magnolia for the RL Board? I told Cory and he said he will be there and so will Heather! :)

Kristi

14. THX_Jedi

Nov 18, 2000
    When you get there just look for me. There is no name for the group. We all go into the arena together.

Then they hand us the weapons, long swords for the men and morning stars for the women. The kids get shortbows. I already signed the "death and dismemberment" paperwork for our group so your next of kin will be reimbursed if you fall in the battle. We'll start with a classic flanking maneuver and hit them from 2 sides. This will give us an attack of opportunity through their center lines. Those on horseback must hold the line. The archers then volley the entire battlefield. We'll hit our own troops, but we'll hit theirs as well. After taking out their archers, we'll meet in the middle. They may take our jobs, but they'll never take .... our Freedom !!!

15. Jango_Bango

Jango_Bango Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 9, 2002
    [face_laugh] Great Post Jeff! [face_laugh]

See you all tomorrow night!

Kev

16. CrimsonVision

Sep 4, 2002
    The address for the Magnolia is:
    West Village
    3699 McKinney Avenue,
    Suite 100,
    Dallas TX 75204

For more info on tickets or directions go HERE.

Of you wanna go I suggest you get there buy 11:30. BTW, there is a free parking garage right there. :)

17. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    WOOO-HOOO, meesa can hardly wait! :D

FYI, Medieval Times is only a few miles from the Magnolia, plenty of restaurants nearby too, if you want to grab a snack between MT and Rocky Horror...

18. LebaDraddog

Nov 19, 2002
    Before Setine (Kristi) can say anything, let me just point out: A) It was an act, and B) the Black and White Knight really wanted me. He couldn't stop watching me. [face_love] :eek:

19. THX_Jedi

Nov 18, 2000
    Likely story.

Thanks to all who came out.

20. Jango_Bango

Jul 9, 2002
    We had a terrific time everyone. Mikayla still thinks our red knight was robbed ;)
    Mikayla wouldn't stop talking about the fanforce group. Thanks for making her
    welcome!

Kevin

*cough* insert game night soon *cough*

21. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    :D

Yep, it was a blast! One of my favorite moments was when the knights started fighting and instantly Jeff, Brandon, Traci and I started chanting the old Star Trek fight music [face_laugh]

And thanks to everyone for helping me get knighted ;)

Also, if you didn't make Rocky, you missed me getting my birthday spankings in front of the whole audience :eek:

Congrats Traci on a great first performance with the DFW cast :)

22. CrimsonVision

Sep 4, 2002
    Yes, definately alot of fun. next time though we need to sit closer to the action darn it. And go in costume. ;)

Also, if you didn't make Rocky, you missed me getting my birthday spankings in front of the whole audience

Heehee, yep and I wasnt the onde administering them! :D

Congrats Traci on a great first performance with the DFW cast

Thanks to Kristi, Justin, Mike and Brian for coming out! Hope you enjoyed the show! Hope to see more people next time! (2 weeks) ;)

23. Rogue_JediKnight

Rogue_JediKnight Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 19, 2002
    Thanks to Jeff for planning out the event :) We had a Great Time!

Wow! Talk about a bloodthirsty crowd - Yeah Baby! ;) and Brian - can't wait to see your photoshopped(?) Knighting :D

Lisa

24. Jango_Bango

Jul 9, 2002
    I will scan our group picture from MT tomorrow and email it to ________?

Sorry it took so long....been a little busy!

Kev

25. Jango_Bango

Jul 9, 2002
    Here is the Group Picture from MT:

[image=http://dfwfanforce.net/images/photos/medieval_fanforce.jpg]

Kev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.