main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Ewan McGregor's Reaction to the Spin-Offs

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Feb 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    What would be the title of this obi-wan spin off?

2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Obi-Wan: I'm A Bad***! :cool:

KevinM1 and lbr789 like this.
  3. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    That would be fantastic! I love the idea of live-action Clone Wars flashbacks. Using both the original actors if possible. A Obi-Wan Kenobi film on Tatooine wouldn't necessarily have to be on Tatooine the whole time after all, the present story could be on Tatooine while having flashbacks to the past with the Clone Wars and maybe even beyond. I love it!

I really dig your "intro" idea too.

Maybe even have flashbacks to adventures/discussions with Qui-Gon?

4. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    They could make movies about Obi-Wan's adventures in the afterlife much like that rumored script for Gladiator 2.

5. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    I wouldn't mind seeing a post ROTS / Pre ANH Lightsaber Duel between Ole Obi-Wan and Darth Vader.

6. Graphic

Graphic Jedi Master star 2

Nov 18, 2012
    Crazy Ben: The Desert Warrior

7. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Star Wars: That Wizard's Just A Crazy Old Man

moxlox likes this.
  8. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    While I don't think the Obi-Wan meeting Vader again story is terrible, I really think the emotional crux of the untitled Obi-Wan Spin Off could actually just boil down to this. Owen really does not like Obi-Wan but considering the guy just showed up and gave them a kid I don't think that's a good reason to despise him. And, like I said, Joel Edgerton is actually really good and has been getting a bunch of character parts lately, if they can bring him back (and he has a few quotes where he reveals how excited he was he got the role in Ep. 2) and just the tension between him as an actor and Ewan McGregor could really work for the story. It's almost like Obi-Wan came to Tatooine as a surrogate father to Luke but Ben pushed him away. That has to hurt Obi-Wan and also frankly complicate his mission of watching over Luke if eventually Owen just runs him off the homestead.

That's all the emotional core stuff, as for the action stuff, like I said, there is a ton of things just in the Tatooine environment you could extrapolate on for the "baddie" without having to bring in Vader & the Emperor and all that (I do like the idea of Obi-Wan finding out that Anakin is still alive in that horrible walking half-machine man and it just breaks him). Someone mentioned how there isn't a single hint of slavery in Ep. 4. How bout Obi-Wan brings down the Tatooine salve trade, runs the slavers off the planet or something, but in the process totally destroys his relationship with Owen & Beru. the slavers don't like the mess that Obi-Wan is up to so they grab "the kid" as a way to get him to lay off, because somehow they know that Obi-Wan hangs out at the Lars homestead, Obi-Wan saves the day by killing every last one of the slavers (or, y'know, keeping a few alive) so continuity is preserved how the Empire wouldn't know that Obi-Wan was still alive. Y'know that bit in Unforgiven when Will Munny is yelling outloud to the town that they better behave themselves or he'll kill every last one of them? Think that. With Obi-Wan Kenobi and a lightsaber. (yeah, he's dancing close to the dark side if they go that far but, dammit, he's been stuck on a planet for years by himself, maybe he's going a bit stir crazy)

Also another great thing? More scenes of Obi-Wan hanging out at bars!

lbr789 likes this.
  9. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    I'm liking the thinking on these. As you said TreborSabreon, "outside the box", or as I'd like to put it - in another area of GL's "sandbox" ;)

IMO, and this is only MO, they have to keep Obi completely away from any main character from the main saga to ensure this live action flick is a "spin off"

10. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Love it and agree with most all of it, except to say that as much as I never thought I'd consider it an option, @Darth_Downunder's post really did sell me on the thought of an 'Episode 3.5' confrontation with Vader.

I should point out that this opinion comes with one major caveat: It would have to be handled with the utmost care, featuring scenes which hit just the right emotional tone and that are graced with an incredible script, with close attention paid to continuity. It may be a risky move, but also a bold one - and if it were done well, just imagine the possibilities.

Valairy Scot likes this.
  11. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    I don't think a duel with Vader would work...

12. Orochi Oni

Orochi Oni Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 8, 2013
    Something that irks me about McGregor is that he tries to act like he doesn't know much about Star Wars in these interviews. He's actually a Star Wars nerd.

13. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    Usually it is the opposite with celebrities.

14. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    I will never forget his reaction to the title "Attack of the Clones" while he was with Nicole Kidman. What a bunch of assclowns. Yeah that was our reaction too. But you worked on this horrible movie. And you are being disrespectable toward Boss Lucas.

15. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Well, it is a silly title.
    That was pretty much my reaction as well.

16. kegs202

kegs202 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 26, 2013
    I actually loved that title. Thought it was very Star Wars-ishy !!!

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  17. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    It was a stupid title to a pretty good movie.

18. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I didn't care for it at first but it grew on me. I like how it played against our expectations with the Clone Troopers actually being the good guys.

19. LordThrawnStark

LordThrawnStark Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 8, 2013

Awe, he even still looks like Obi-wan. He's such a talnted guy. Just watch Trainspotting and then Star Wars to see his range.

20. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    Removed: Editing Mistake

21. BOBAFLEXX

BOBAFLEXX Jedi Padawan

Jan 30, 2003

A Fistful of Credits!

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  22. MillionthVoice

MillionthVoice Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    The Good, the Bad and the Ugnaught?

23. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    I love all of the suggestions made here about a possible Obi-Wan spinoff movie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.