main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Falcon's Art--Index Pg.1--Replies and Update [04/05/09]: Darth Caedus... :(

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by FalconFan, Dec 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Hi there FalconFan - back for another fix. :)

I love Ara the Mando. The detail in her armour is cool - but I think her face is excellent, especially the eyes. Even though she's relaxing, those eyes are alert and sharp, watching out all the time. Great stuff.

And the Han/Leia/Allana pic is wonderful. It's so good to see Leia looking her age. Her face is so full of stories and wisdom and that nobility that she possesses. :) She looks relieved and delighted. As well as Carrie, I see a little Sigourney Weaver in there. :) (A very cool mixture.)

The way you've drawn Allana buried so close to Leia shows the poor wee girl's relief. Boy she must have been terrified in that scene. I really hated the way Jacen used her, even though he convinced himself he was being a good daddy.

And dear old Han stepping back and letting Leia have first cuddle. :) I like the hair and the eyes - the eyes are both shrewd and yet soft. I don't know how you get so much in a few pencil strokes - it's amazing. I can see traces of emotional pain in the way he holds his jaw, too.

As usual your drawings make the characters so human and real. Beautiful. :)

2. Kyp_Skywalker

Kyp_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 7, 2008
    Hey FalconFan!

Im sure you get more requests than time to do them but heres another!

One of my fave characters is Kyp Durron, and one of my fave parts of the EU is when Kyp and Han were like 'brothers' in the Jedi academy trilogy.

ever considered doing one from that period? i remember a sking scene in a novel that stuck with me...

either way, you rock!

3. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Sorry I'm so late getting here. The new picture is stunning, FalconFan :eek: =D= Amazing work :D

4. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Dang, I am also rather late!

Falcon, the grandparents picture goes very deep under my skin and I had to cry when I looked at it a little bit longer. With a pencil you create a real miracle.

5. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Ugh, sorry, FF! *Checks out the piece* Aww... cute! I love this! Meh, Leia's a bit haggard after what's happened. No problem. :)

6. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Hi everyone! It's once again been too long, and I'm late with replies--but that doesn't mean I don't most sincerely appreciate each and every one! [:D] I also want to wish everyone here at the JC a very Happy Thanksgiving (those who celebrate, that is! ;) )--I hope your holiday is filled with yummy treats and plenty of family togetherness!

First, replies:

Dearest Tahi--thank you SO much for your insightful comments! You seem to be able to infer everything I am hoping to convey in each piece, and it's always a real "warm-fuzzy" for me! The "Grandparents" piece is indeed bittersweet--the Solos have lost SO much in LOTF that this moment, when joy touches them once more in discovering their granddaughter, was one that simply demanded I try to illustrate it. Your observation about Han's emotional pain was right on the money--it's there in them both: they've just rescued this innocent child from having been kidnapped by their rogue son--they couldn't help but feel a deep despair and pain. I'm so glad you can see it here--thank you for that! And thank you again for taking time to drop in and look! [:D]

Kyp Skywalker--I've thought about trying more pieces from earlier in the EU; thanks for the suggestion!

Hi again YodaKenobi! Many thanks for having a look at "Grandparents!" I'm so glad you like it, and I so appreciate the visit and comments! :D

Azure--Aww...I don't want to make you cry! **warm hugs** That the piece touches you so deeply, though, is a fabulous gift to me, so thank you for that! [:D] Thank you for taking time to look!

Striker--Not to worry, my friend--we're all so nutty busy in RL, I completely relate! I hardly have time to visit and draw myself these days! Thanks so much, though, for making time to look and for the kind words! I really appreciate it! :D

____________________________________________________________________________

I don't know if I'm really happy with this next piece, but since it's all I have I'm going to post it anyway. I'll preface by including an exerpt from the LOTF book it's taken from ("Tempest"), where Han and Leia are fleeing in the company of Nashtah from the failed attempt to kill Tenel Ka and Allana on Hapes, pursued by Hapan security forces; they're taking a short break in a cantina on Telkur Station:

[Nashtah to Leia]
    "Someone is watching you."
    "Yes, I have that feeling, too," Leia said.
    "Probably a Hapan surveillance team," Han said wryly. "Maybe we should get out of here before the backup arrives."
    Nashtah shook her head. "He doesn't look Hapan. And you may know him. He's trying very hard to keep out of your sight line."
    Han turned toward Leia, straddling the bench as though he were going to face her...and sneaking a glance toward the corner where Nashtah was looking. He glimpsed a square-shouldered man with a thick beard and a mop of dark hair hanging in his eyes. The fellow quickly turned toward the wall to hide his face, but failed to change his upright posture...or the military precision of his movements.
    "You know, something does look kind of familiar about him," Han said. "He's trying to hide it, but that guy is a soldier--and I have this crazy feeling we do know him."
    "We should," Leia said. She was still looking across the table toward Nashtah, but Han could tell by her unfocused gaze that her concentration was on the Force. "I think he almost married our daughter."

"Legacy of the Force: Tempest," by Troy Denning

Jagged Fel, bounty hunter

I didn't give him a "thick beard," as the reference photo I used had just a scruff, and I didn't put a LOT of hair over his forehead--but I liked the look in the eyes, and it just seemed to fit the bounty-hunter version of Jag. I hope all the Jag Fel fans out there like it! As always, critiques are welcomed!

Again everyone--Happy Thanksgiving! [face_hugs

7. Kiyuuchan

Kiyuuchan Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2008
    ahhhhh [face_love] new art by Falcon, christmas come early for me ^__^
    U did Jag too, I LOVE your interpretation [face_hypnotized]
    He's so gorgeous... his face, the look in his eyes give me shivers. I think U were right not to cover up the eyes with hair ^__^

*huggles Jag ....and doesn't let go :p*

edit - I can't believe I got first reply! yesssssss XD

8. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Holy smokes!! JAG!![face_hypnotized] [face_love]

You made him gorgeous! *swoons*

9. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001

I second that. [face_love]

10. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Nice Jag, FF. You almost gave him a personality. ;) Seriosuly, I like the beard.

11. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Yay! An update! :D

And it doesn't disappoint. This is a real interesting interpretation of Jag. It's definitely something you don't expect to see and I think you did a great job conveying him at this point of his life. I want to point out again your ability to render textures is amazing. The look and feel of his jacket really pops out at you.

Nice job! :)

12. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Looks perfect! I agree with Han about the Jacket - very nice highlights.

13. RebelGrrl

RebelGrrl Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2006
    This is a wonderful image of Jagged Fel.

Please don't take offense, but one of the first things that crossed my mind when I clicked the link was that the upright '80s collar and his face reminded me of a young Don Johnson a la Miami Vice. I mean this in a good way!

14. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    This art kicks some serious ass :cool:

15. carr3107

carr3107 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 8, 2008
    He said it better than I could. Nice work.

16. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    Fantastic depiction of Fel, FalconFan, I absolutely love it....man, [face_love]

It captures his new look and the different side of him that the abrupt changes in his life (that we saw in LotF) brought about. But somehow it is still completely 100% Fel. [face_love]

Excellent work! =D=

~Piper :)

17. Master_Keralys

Master_Keralys VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 8, 2003
    Great piece of art here. Best Jagged Fel image in a long time.

The Han, Leia, Allana pic is beautiful. The expression on Han's face speaks volumes. Nice work!

18. jedipencil

jedipencil Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 1 VIP

Oct 30, 2006
    =D= =D==D=

That is the BEST Jagged Fel I've ever seen.... Damn, you made him gorgeous! I'm a complete Zekk fan, but now you've made me look twice at Jagged.... [face_love][face_love]

19. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    Happy Thanskgiving, indeed, especially with a piece of art like that. He's looks fabulous. :)

20. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Wow!! Jag is hot looking!! Jaina better snatch that man up while she has a chance. Of course, the Legacy Comic books hint that that is exactly what happened. How else does the Fel family suddenly get Force strong? ;)

Great drawing. And I love your Han, Leia and their granddaughter get together. It has to be such a bittersweet moment for Han and Leia.

The authors did all our favorite characters wrong. All the survivors are going to be emotionally scarred for life. Isn't it bad enough that Leia had to watch her home planet destroyed... did they really have to kill off two of her kids, her sister-in-law and most of her friends?!

Bah! I think I will stick to fanfics. At least we know we will usually have a happy ending.

Beautiful drawings! I need to get inspired by Star Wars so I can draw something upbeat.

AG88

21. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    I keep stopping in at least once a day to get my Jag fix.[face_love] Feel free to do more of him.:D

22. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    SQUEE!

Sorry. [face_blush]

I think this is very much perfection. Looks like a photo. [face_love] Anyways, I LOVE your bounty hunter Jag. Wow, gorgeous. [face_love] I like the sort of "dangerous" vibe I'm getting here, very bounty-hunter like. Brilliant job, Deb. :)

=D==D=

23. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    **giggles nervously**

:D

I didn't think Jag would garner this much of a response--I know he has a loyal fan base, but I guess I didn't realize how many of you there were! [:D] I was also a bit wary of how most Jag Fel fans would take this "scruffier" look; it appears my concerns were unfounded! Many warm thanks for all the visits and kind comments--as always, I'm humbled and grateful! :p

Kiyuuchan--Many thanks for the sweet "gush!" I'm so glad this fits into your context for Jag--it's very different from how we've always seen him, and I guess that's one of the reasons I wanted to draw him from "Tempest." He's a man in exile here, expelled from his society, his military commission--trying to find a way to set everything right again. Your "shivers" comment made me very happy--I wanted to convey some of the cold determination and purpose we see in him here, and I'm so glad it comes across! Thank you again for having a look (and with the longer hair, he ties neatly into the young version of Jag you just posted, too--from windblown youth to starched military officer back to windblown and solitary mercenary--kind of a "full circle" effect! ;) )!

Jag4Me wrote: "You made him gorgeous! *swoons* "

AACK!! **hands Jag4Me some smelling salts, fanning with sketch pad** Please don't faint--you might get hurt! :D :p I'm so glad you like this--even though it's such a departure from the Jag we know and love. I fiddled with this idea for a long time, sort of casually browsing for a reference that might work. When I found the photo I used (a magazine ad for Breitling watches, of all things!), it just clicked: the intense, almost ominous look in the eyes, the leather coat, the hair--it just seemed to fit that paragraph from "Tempest," so I went for it! Thanks so much for taking time to look and comment (more than once! :D )!

Ceillian--Hi!! Thank you for dropping in again--it's much appreciated! And I'm delighted this drawing appeals to you--I hoped it wouldn't put off our Fel-loyal fans! Thanks again!

Striker wrote: "You almost gave him a personality."

LOL! Somehow, after his appearances in LOTF, I don't think the moniker "Captain Cardboard" is going to fit any longer! He showed himself to be complex, intense, purposeful and even a bit conflicted--all very interesting personality traits! ;) I personally always thought he was a lot deeper than the authors actually wrote him; but that's me! :p Anyone that jumps ship from his own society and culture to help another in a war can't be uninteresting--that's a huge step, and one that a person could not make casually... Thanks for having a look, in any case! [:D]

Hi Han!! [:D] What a wonderful way to put it--that it portrays him well "at this point in his life." That's what I was hoping for--thanks so much for that! And the jacket wasn't too tough--the photo had some terrific highlights and folding, so all I had to do was copy it! ;) I did add a bit more "roughness" though--the photo had an almost kidskin-type leather--very smooth; I had a notion that as a mercenary, Jag wouldn't be going around in highly-quality clothing, so I tried to make it look a bit more rough--glad it worked! I'm so glad you like this--thanks muchly! [:D]

soitscometothis!! [:D] Thanks so much for taking time to drop a note--I so appreciate your opinions and thoughts! Glad the jacket looks okay--clothes are one of the banes of my artistic existence, and it's great when I can find a reference that offers guidance in that way! Many thanks, my friend! :D

RebelGrrl wrote: "Please don't take offense, but one of the first things that crossed my mind when I clicked the link was that the upright '80s collar and his face reminded me of a young Don Johnson a la Miami Vice. I mean this in a good way!"

ROFL!! No offense taken what ever-I'm always happy to hear how a piece hits someone--that'

24. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    What you are doing with black and white is stunning and Jag sure is awesome with that leather jacket.

Great work=D==D=

25. Kyp_Skywalker

Kyp_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 7, 2008
    I cant wait to see your new stuff, You picture of Jagged Fel has actually made me like him a little. Now dont all you Jag fan's lynch me, but im a Durron dude dammit! Jagged stole his woman! lol.

Fantastic piece as are all your stuff!

Now a shall depart before i meet a untimely demise....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.