main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Fallen from Grace (Post-SbS, AU dark side K/J); Updated 8/3/10

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi-Princess-Solo, Aug 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kenwalker

Kenwalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 14, 2004
    And Kyp sinks himself even lower. Nicely done. I suspect this is only the first of many disagreements between them. Kyp is being influenced by the other Dark Jedi, something I doubt Jaina anticipated.

2. TenelKaSolo

TenelKaSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2004
    An update! YAY!!! I thought all hope was lost.

Sorry you've had such a crazy year, but I'm glad you're back!

3. Ace_Venom

Ace_Venom Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2002
    I get something in my PM box and wonder if this is a joke. I've read the chapter, but I need to do some extra reading to get my bearings on this story.

4. Goddess_Jaya

Goddess_Jaya Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2002
    Welcome back JPS! I had to do a double take when I saw that I had a private message and then a second double take when I saw who it was from! It's amazing, I was just thinking to myself earlier last week that there was a deficiency in dark!Jaina stories, and then you update this incredible story! I was thrilled to see a new chapter. It was terrific to finally see the confrontation between Tsavong and Jaina, although I found Jaina's distraction during the fight to be interesting. It seems like, even though the beginning of the post discussed how the Jedi in her had been slowly killed, that she was reacting strongly to the death of the three Jedi through the Force. If she's really given herself over to the Dark Side, it's strange that she would feel such panic over that.

Didn't see Kyp turning on the Jedi that quickly. Nice little twist at the end. Something tells me that things will be unsettled in the Dark Jedi camp now because of Kyp and Welk's impulsive actions.

Can't wait to see how things develop from here! I'll keep an eye out for that chapter in Prodigal Son as well. Congrats on finishing up grad school, and it's great to have you back, JPS!

5. PurplePrincess722

PurplePrincess722 Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2007
    I love your story! I just found it yesterday, and I stayed up reading it. I really enjoy the relationship between Kyp and Jaina, which was surprising because I'm a J/J shipper. Dark Kyp and Jaina just work really well together. I'm getting a little worried by all the tension between them, even though they are both dark they still belong together and I hope they don't mess it up! I'm glad that you were able to update again, and I'll definitely look out for a the next update!

6. canadianjedimama

canadianjedimama Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 28, 2008
    Holy cow...I almost had a stroke when a saw that a story from you had been updated! Awesomeness, even if it is K/J :p

I've been pulling a marathon read to get caught up...if you're still doing a PM list, add me?

Can't wait for more.

7. Rosa-Belle

Rosa-Belle Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2007
    :D
    Iread this waaay back when I wasn't even registered.
    I'm glad you are back!!

put me on your pm list?[face_batting]

Kyp's going bad [face_shame_on_you] ..not good, not good.

8. Jaina_Solo_Goddess

Jaina_Solo_Goddess Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 10, 2007
    UP! An awesome story like this doesn't deserve to be forgotten...or never finished...

~Jaina

9. master_jade

master_jade Jedi Master star 2

Jan 27, 2006
    It's great to see an update on this.

Though, I must admit, it's rather scary to see that Kyp is now definitely darker than Jaina, who started it all... She shouldn't have played with fire, I guess.

Anyway - I hope... well... I don't really know if I hope that Kyp won't turn completely dark, or that he would take the mantle of the Sith Lord again :) I just hope that whatever option You go for, You'll update soon (And as I'm fairly sure that the next update will be equally good, I don't need to express that wish ;) )

10. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Jedi-Princess-Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2002

[b]A/N: Wow it has been a long time, hasn't it? Sorry about that! Life got in the way for a while, but I'm back in the swing of things and back writing SW fanfiction again, so I promise it won't be so long until the next update. Hope you guys enjoy! [/b]
    [hr]

The sun had long since disappeared behind Ebaq-9 by the time that the mineshaft lifts were operational again.

Jacen had spent several long hours trapped in the dark tunnels, unable to see through the thick clouds of dust billowing around him, the sound of his own breathing echoing in his pressurized helmet, and only his troubled thoughts to keep him company.

It had not been a pleasant experience.

Because in the dark emptiness of the tunnels, he could no longer delude himself into thinking that everything would be okay if he could just see his sister, just talk to her.

[i]Foolish child,[/i] he heard Vergere?s voice again, and he knew she?d been right.

He?d known, intellectually, what Jaina had become in his absence. He knew what it meant when one fell to the dark side, he?d seen it happen to Zekk when they were young, and he?d lived with the legacy of Darth Vader hanging over his head all his life, but he still hadn?t really understood.

Despite what he?d heard, despite what he?d felt in the Force, he?d still been thinking of Jaina as his sister, the girl he grew up with.

Only Jaina wasn?t Jaina anymore.

The voice he?d heard over the comm-waves had been a distorted, perverse echo of the one he?d known all his life.

Gone was the wry, laughing lilt, the smooth tones had been hardened into durasteel.

That terrible, gaping void that had opened up inside of him with Anakin?s death had now grown into a yawning black hole, threatening to swallow his sunken heart into its fathomless depths.

[i]Oh, Jaya,[/i] he thought, closing his eyes. [i]How did this happen?[/i]

Hanging in the Embrace of Pain, he?d spent what felt like an eternity in an anguish the Vong could never hope to replicate, grieving the loss of his younger brother and feeling the crushing guilt of having left Anakin to die alone. Some distant part of him had remembered Jaina?s anger, the burning fury in her dark eyes as she turned her back on him to go after their brother?s body, but it hadn?t meant anything then.

How could it, with Anakin?s death so fresh?

Anakin, who?d always shone in the Force in ways that no one, not even their uncle, had understood. Anakin who?d fought harder than any of them, slipping away to Yavin Four alone to rescue the students from the Academy.

Brave, brash, daring Anakin.

Despite all his concerns over Anakin?s recklessness, and the way he used the Force so brazenly, Jacen had always admired his little brother.

Anakin had been his hero, as much as anyone?s.

And in a single instant, he was dead.

Just another casualty of the war, just another insignificant statistic, another body among the dead they?d left in their wake at Myrkr.

It had seemed so wrong, so incomprehensible, and Jacen still didn?t understand it.

But death he could accept.

As difficult as it was, even though a part of him had died that day with his brother and he would never be whole again, he could accept that death was a natural part of life.

He could move on.

But what had happened to his sister? it was not natural.

[i]Nothing about this war has been natural,[/i] he reminded himself bitterly as the lift lurched toward the surface.

As light broke over the shaft, Jacen squinted, lifting a hand to his faceplate to block the harsh glare. The lift came to a halt with a low, whirring hiss, and then the doors began to peel back with a great shudder, sucking the stale air out around him like a vortex. He grabbed onto the wall of the lift with a gloved hand to keep himself in place until the pressure evened out, and then he stepped out of the lift and onto the dusty durasteel floor of the mining operations headquarters.

He wasn?t surprised to find his uncle waiting, but he was surprised that his uncle was alone, save for the mine te

11. Durroness

Durroness Jedi Grand Master star 1

Sep 4, 2002
    What a wonderful suprise! During a little break from studying for finals I decided to pop into the boards, and your PM was entirely unexpected! Thank you for the late night study boost!

Reading the post, it made me smile several times at how completely the roles are reversed in here and in profic. Seeing Jacen concerned with Jaina's fall to the dark side, seeing Luke confiding in Jacen and discussing how to confront her... It just made me grin wickedly.
    You know, I hadn't really thought about it the way Luke had before- Kyp isn't just feeling things out here like Jaina is. He has been taught in the Dark Side... and it seems that he is already past her control.

Thank you for the PM and I am very much looking forward to seeing where this goes.

12. CelseteAntola

CelseteAntola TF.N Books Staff star 3 VIP

May 18, 2002
    It is so awesome to see this fic up and running!! I did a marathon read a few months back and enjoyed every bit of it!

I'm looking forward to seeing how Jaina's going to deal with Kyp...

Can I be added to the PM list, please?

~Celeste

13. smash128

smash128 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 9, 2008
    Awesome stuff Im glad to see you're back with this. Let's hope Jacen puts all that training and lessons he learned from Vergere to good use, and guessing from the ending of this update, Jacen is going be visting Vjun or someone else? Wonder what kind of confrontation would go down once he finally runs into Jaina.

14. jedi-solo-fel

jedi-solo-fel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 27, 2002
    I'm so happy to see this being updated again! It's still one of my favorites :D

Poor Luke- this may be harder on him than the rest of the S/S clan because he's the one who has to make all the decisions. I liked that he admitted he's pretty much let Jaina do her thing because he was kind of in denial, but Kyp made sure he can't keep ignoring it, didn't he? I wonder who they'll send to Vjun, if both Jacen and Luke think they shouldn't go- Tahiri? Zekk? Let's hope not Zekk, Kyp would kill him and then Jaina would be even more ticked off w/ him. I can't wait for more!

15. JediPrincess83

JediPrincess83 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 30, 2003
    I knew it was only a matter of time until Luke had to take action. Kyp really made a mess of things, I wonder how Jaina will resolve it. Can't wait for another post, thanks for the PM- it's great to see this fic back up and running :D

16. Jedi_Jaina_Fel

Jedi_Jaina_Fel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2002
    Glad to see this up and moving again =D= I think its safe to assume that the next time Jaina runs into a Jedi, things are going to be a little unfriendly. More please :D

17. canadianjedimama

canadianjedimama Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 28, 2008
    Oh, wow. A decisive Luke who brings the hammer down on Dark Jedi. [face_devil] I like.

Don't know if you've been reading the profic lately, but this is a refreshing change.

I'm very excited to see just who they send after Jaina.

:D

CJM

18. smash128

Feb 9, 2008
    We going to see a new update from you? [face_praying]

19. Obi-Wandering

Obi-Wandering Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2005
    I'm so excited.....I disappear for a couple of years and come back to find lots of updates! Home sick today and rereading some old faves. So glad to see you returned to this one, JPS. Now I'll read from the beginning before I read the updates.

20. RevaDurron

RevaDurron Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2005
    :eek:

So you are alive??! Ah that darn RL. Glad to hear you are back writing SW fanfic. That is wonderful!!

Loved the update...and the drama unfolds. I definitely would like to stay on the PM list. :)

21. GoddessJainaSoloFel

GoddessJainaSoloFel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 2004
    I've been away overseas and finally had a chance to read the update! Thanks for the PM. I am eagerly awaiting the next installment. I'v loved this fic from the time it started and am happy to see you back and working on it. I know how evil real life can be...my fics haven't been touched in ages. Once again, welcome back!!!

22. Goddess_Jaya

Goddess_Jaya Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2002
    Boy do I feel like a dunce. I'm on your PM list, but I don't have it set up so my PMs feed into my email.

JPS, welcome back! I wish I had found it sooner, because I loved stumbling into this new chapter. It's been a while since I've read this story, but I was amazed at how quickly the details of the plot came back into focus. Really good job at drawing the reader in without being too obvious about it.

Poor Jacen. I really felt for him, the way he was so conflicted about tracking Jaina down because of what would happen once he did. I didn't follow the official EU much past the end of the NJO series, but there were a couple lines in there where the irony definitely resonated, knowing what little I do about the path Jacen eventually walked.

I don't remember feeling too concerned about Jaina's safety by Kyp's side, but I am now after reading how worried Luke and Jacen are! Great way to ramp up the tension.

Really great to see this story continued. I'll look forward to more in the future!

23. smash128

Feb 9, 2008
    Still praying and hoping for an update to this wonderful story, I reread it from the beginning again. Bumping this up so it can't be forgotten.

24. Sticks

Sticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    So I have a problem.

I think, somewhere over the last seventy pages or so, I may have been converted to a J/K shipper. This is a completely new experience for me, having always hated Kyp's guts and resenting him as an obstacle that quite probably slowed Jaina's trajectory into Jag's arms.

The really funny part is that I still hate Kyp in profic. I re-read a bit of NJO, and yup, still want to tear his guts out. But then I came back to this story, and the Kyp I found was something else entirely. Obviously, this being an AU, that's partly due to him being all Sithly. But even before that stage of the story, I was reading about someone interesting. Someone well-rounded and convincing. Someone I liked. And someone who, Force help me, was made for Jaina Solo.

So when I reached your last post, it was a bit like the hot water ran out in the middle of an up-until-then-really-great shower. Stang it, I wasn't done yet! Or, a slightly more accurate comparison, it's basically like I'm completely addicted to this story and I really, really, really just need another post sometime soon, before the withdrawals set in and I get the shakes. Okay? Okay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.