main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tidewater, VA FAN FILM???

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Nanoviper, Aug 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nanoviper

Nanoviper Jedi Youngling

Aug 29, 2005
    Hey i have been checking around your site and these forums and i was wondering if the tidewater alliance was planning on doing a fan film in the near future.

2. jediknight88

jediknight88 Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    We have never actually discussed doing a fanfilm. But I wouldnt count it out.

3. TK7877

TK7877 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 24, 2006

I think that would be fun. If you know any locals that are intrested get them to post here. If we get enough intrest we can move foward with some ideas.
    I'd like to make a fan movie with Stormtroopers killing Ewoks hehe.

4. jackboot

jackboot Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2004
    I would love to be involved with a fan film. I only have a Jedi outfit but I am willing to help.

5. jediknight88

May 19, 2002
    I guess the tricky part would be finding the equipment to do such a thing

6. obi_dan_67

obi_dan_67 Jedi Youngling

Mar 15, 2005
    And a good script. I think we have enough props and costumes....

7. TK7877

Jan 24, 2006
    I'm not making any promises this week, but I herd that lucas was going to film I think the TV series on a digtal camera you could buy from best buy. That means it can only cost so much to get a camera. Maybe get one later this year or around Christmas and we could come up with some fun stuff.

I have some friends that can make pryo stuff to blow up stuff lol. I want to make a Movie showing how the battle of endor really went, kinda from an Imperial view or Imperial propaganda if you will. Showing the little furry critters geting blown up and torched lol.

8. DOMNUSKYWALKER

DOMNUSKYWALKER Jedi Master star 2

Aug 12, 2005
    I'd love to do a fan film. But what's up blowing up Ewoks? They ran interfierence so the heros could prevail by accident. Heehee! Dumb luck is better than no luck at all.

Or is it a guy thing, dont like bug eyed teddy bears? Just kidding.

A fan film would be fun, I write and Im a proffessional costumer. I know a make up artist who does creatcher FX too.

Chris aka Domnu/Shaak Ti

9. TK7877

Jan 24, 2006

I don't like bug eyed teddy bears! Acutally they are o.k. I just don't think bug eyed theddy bears could hurt a GREAT and GRAND Stormtrooper. =)

10. DOMNUSKYWALKER

DOMNUSKYWALKER Jedi Master star 2

Aug 12, 2005
    I dont know,stormtroopers have limited line of sight, and head rotation. Ewoks, bows and arrows that can strike in the unprotected places in the armor. Not to shabby for three foot fur balls. LOL

11. jackboot

Mar 21, 2004
    Possible, likely or not does anyone have a script?
    If not someone should right one. Just doing a fan film takes a lot. What about an Army style commercial. It has several people around a table doing something and one says ?What did you see on the outer rim?? then it clips to trooper doing all kinds of fighting and leading battles against impossible odds and succeeding. Then he replies ?Not much?

Similar vain with a TIE fighter pilot: ?What was that new Death Star like pretty cool huh??
    Clips of the battle above Endor going badly for the Empire and a lone TIE fighter fighting valiantly but barely escaping. Then the new Death Star explodes.
    ?Not really?
    The Imperial logo and recruitment information will come up on the screen afterward.
    Both are short and easier to put together and will present a great picture.
    What do you think?

12. Thumpy

Thumpy Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    I think a fanfilm would be fun. Should make a parody of some sort...going back to that stormtrooper/ewok propoganda idea, perhaps do an "imperial holonet" newscast...film a portion of the battle (edited obviously) of trooper(s) throwing ewoks around like ragdolls...

Then maybe cut to a scene where Emperor fires Darth Vader, kinda like Trump, and announces a new Sith apprentice, Luke...

Then cut to another scene and show Han Solo/Leia getting arrested on Endor by stormtroopers for making out/indecent exposure....

..then, citizens of the empire reporting strange apparitions (Kenobi/Yoda running around or peaking around the corner), and the camera panning to a character, who says, "I can see dead people..."

13. jediknight88

May 19, 2002
    We have an abundancy of jedi and sith in our group, we could also go that way, maybe re-enact the battle of russan(sp?)

14. Thumpy

May 3, 2005
    now that would be challenging...how would we create the thought bomb explosion? it would require some mack-daddy special effects or camera tricks...any experienced videographers/amatuer filmmakers out there?

15. jediknight88

May 19, 2002
    I might have a hook up in that regards, let me check and I will post more.

16. jackboot

Mar 21, 2004
    I have done a little special effects and amateur stuff but never a real film. I do have some camera tricks and I have handled pyrotechnics before. :)
    I am also a model maker and with pictures or drawings or even a description I can put some interesting things together.

17. TK7877

Jan 24, 2006
    It's really exciting to see allot of local people intrested in doing a fan film.
    Hopefully we can get somthing off the ground in the future.
    It might be a fun idea to have a meeting March or April somtime to discuss some idea.
    I'll post a date in the next few weeks and see what happens.

thanks

18. jediknight88

May 19, 2002
    I will be bringing this up in the next General FanForce Meeting, All are welcome to attend.

19. Thumpy

May 3, 2005
    To create visual effects, we would need access to some combination of this type of software (got this from another fanfilm's website):

Adobe After Effect 6.5 Pro
    Adobe Photoshop 6.0
    Effect Lab DV
    Lightwave 3D8
    IFW Textures
    Macroform
    Deep Exploration
    Terragen

20. ANAKINOS

ANAKINOS Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2002
    I will be down for a fan film. let me know if you would like me ot choreograph the figghting

21. TK7877

Jan 24, 2006
    Adobe After Effect 6.5 Pro
    Adobe Photoshop 6.0
    Effect Lab DV
    Lightwave 3D8
    IFW Textures
    Macroform
    Deep Exploration
    Terragen

Thumpy I think I have Lightwave not sure if it is 3D8 though, but I have no idea how to use it. Anyone else know?

22. jackboot

Mar 21, 2004
    I have Photoshop 5 and 6 and I know a little about them.

23. TK7877

Jan 24, 2006
    jackboot,

that is really cool.

24. jediknight88

May 19, 2002
    I am pretty good with the latest version of photo shop, some of the guys have seen my work on pictures and things of that sort.

25. Thumpy

May 3, 2005
    Here's some stuff about VE software that is used in the industry..and their "costs"...

IFW Textures Intel (covers surface and material texture FX) - $90
    http://www.aptrio.com/Miscellaneous/Other-Home-Hobby/ifw-textures-intel-162.html

LightWave 3D (the Porsche of 3D object rendering)- $1,700
    http://www.newtek.com/products/lightwave/product/

Terragen (for landscapes) - free during an initial trial period
    http://www.planetside.co.uk/terragen/

Deep Exploration (Management of 2D/3D assests & object rendering) - $149
    http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/index.cfm/ID/228092

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.