main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary Fan Film

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Mogook, Mar 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    I haven't written a script yet because I think that could be a joint endeavor between all the people interested in writing. But, I do have some plot ideas. We're not like Lucas where we can do anything we write, we have to manipulate our ideas into something that is feasible.

sithspawn, where did you go to film school?

2. BigBroadcastah

BigBroadcastah Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2002
    Im sure myself and Sithspawn can learn a thing or two from eachother, myself being a television production major, or Broadcastah.

3. sithspawn35

sithspawn35 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2001
    Anything ya'll need....I'm here.

4. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Okay. Let's add this to the agenda for the next meeting. Let's get a production crew together and start working on a plotline, draft up a script, do some storyboards, pick a location, draft up the costumes, connect all of our PCs to have enough processing power to spit out some CGI and do all the shooting on DV, hire Ahmed Best(can't do this film without Jar Jar) and get me a flannel shirt! Okay people let's get moving!!

Sorry about that, I was having a George Lucas flashback there for a minute.....

I'll be fine.?. really??I will. :_|

5. mon-mothma

mon-mothma Jedi Master star 2

Mar 7, 2002
    Believe it or not, my kid (when he was 8!) made a Star Wars fan film. We did the lightsaber and blaster flashes, the sound, the cheesy scrolling intro text, the soundtrack, the whole nine yards! We've got a post-production studio in our basement and have been setting up the hardware to enable us to shoot on our prosumer quality analog camera. The first film was shot digitally which, of course, helps immensely in adding in the special effects. Theoretically if we can get the analog side of the studio set up we can do effects inserts on analog, too. Kid wrote the script, cast the film, directed and helped in post-production. It was quite a learning experience but did not diminish his desire to go into filmmaking. His current in-production film is an Indiana Jones adventure story. I have a degree in Fine Arts so perhaps storyboarding is something I can help with. My schedule is not all that open, that's the only problem. We kind of need to focus on finishing the movie currently in production before we would be able to devote any meaningful time to your project. But I don't know what kind of timetable you're looking at. You know what they say about film, that it is the ultimate collaborative venture.

Lisa
    P.S. I also have a sewing machine and made costumes for the above-mentioned film.

6. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    That is great mon-mothma! A studio would make things really easy for post production and editing and doing a storyboard would help out alot!. Mogook, BigBroadcastah, what do ya think??

7. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    That's awesome mon-mothma. When I was 8 I was making films too. Of course I didn't have any special effects. The only equipment I was using was my dad's Panasonic VHS camcorder. Can you imagine a small 8 year old kid with a bulky camera on his shoulders, barking order at his mom and friends.

I think it's great that you have all this access to stuff. That's what's holding me back for doing a lot of cool stuff. Thanks for posting this.

8. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    Hey, my undergrad degree is in media/communications and I did a lot of filming in my T.V. and film courses. Also I was telling Motterman when he was at the planetarium on Friday that I have a special effects cookbook. It is written for the planetarium community, but it has neat stuff you can do for blood and burns and smoke and fog and piro stuff. My advanced students used it to make a disaster film about a giant asteroid hitting the earth. I could have shown it to you if you had come to my party on Friday.

9. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Isbeth that's pretty cool. Actually, my friend and I want to write a book about how to do special effects with no computer software or anything. Just a video camera and some stuff around the house.

10. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    That book'll be a good source for you then, but there are lots of electronics in it for special effects projectors. Anybody in our fan force besides me can wield a soldiering iron?

11. sithspawn35

sithspawn35 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2001
    I think the last time I picked one of those up was in Industrial Arts class in 8th grade.
    Now a hydrospanner,....thats a different story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.