main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Idaho Fan Films Anyone?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by QUIGONJINN02, Apr 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QUIGONJINN02

QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2003
    Belonging to a Star Wars fan club, I know one thing must happen...and that's we have lots of fun. This is inevitable because we are coming together because of SW so fun will naturally arise. However, I think we should all give serious thought to making a fan film. Filmming is a deep passion of mine and if we could combine our creative talents I know we could make something really cool! So lets keep this in mind during our next meeting. If you're interested in beginning production on a fanfilm post a reply here on your thoughts involving what aspect you'd be interested in leading up. If you can act, please say so! I've seen to many LAME fan films where you know the participants are POOR ACTORS. Lets give the fans something to drool over!!
    Kasey

2. Idaho_Vorkosigan

Idaho_Vorkosigan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2003
    I'm a darn good writer. I've also been told that if given the proper chance I can act out of a paper bag... I'll be seeing you tomorrow at my place, so we can talk more then.

-Idaho-

3. AnakinWisler

AnakinWisler Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    The San Diego Fan Force just finished filming our first Fan Film, Shadows in the Sand :D :cool: We are hoping to show it at the SD Comic Con this summer. Currently we are working on the special effects. If you want to see some publicity shots/screen caps, click here

4. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    I'm writing a scene that reflects the counsil scene in ANH. I will need all the board memebers to participate. It is basically dissing ST fanclubs and saying our club is now the "ultimate power in the universe." It's going to be fun and I'll try to get scripts out to everyone soon. I'm always open to changes so if you feel the need to tweek something or add something feel free. Working together on this is what is going to make it worthwhile and a lot of fun!

5. MalcolmTolemac

MalcolmTolemac Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 6, 2002
    Kasey, did you get the e-mail so you know which members to write as which characters?

Let me know when you'd like to get together and write other scripts and come up with other ideas. I can't wait.

6. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Yes I did Marc and thank-you! I have just sent the script out to all whose e-mails are on the list. I think it's hillarious but some of you out there may disagree. But anyway, I feel that it will be great publicity for the fanclub as well as great fun...not to mention we get to diss trekkies. So lets figure out some affordable solutions to getting Imperial officer costumes as well as somewhere to film that is like the counsel chambers.
    Kasey

7. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Here's the script for all those who weren't at the meeting:

BOISE FAN FORCE COUNSEL MEETING SCRIPT

VICE-PRESIDENT: Until this fan club is fully operational we are vulnerable. The Star Trek fan clubs are too well equipped; they?re more dangerous than you realize.

SECRETARY: Dangerous in your opinion Vice-President, not in mine.

VICE-PRESIDENT: The Star Trek fan clubs will continue to gain support with the more foolish Star Wars fans until?

PRESIDENT: The Star Trek fan clubs will no longer be of any concern to us. I have just received word that Lucas has paid to have all Star Trek websites dissolved permanently. The last remnants of computer geeks have been swept away.

SECRETARY: Impossible. How will Lucas maintain support with Jar Jar appearing in Episode III?

PRESIDENT: Spielberg has convinced him to kill off Jar Jar in the very beginning of the picture. Beyond their inexplicit joy, fear will keep the local fans in line, fear of this fan club.

PR OFFICER: What of the Idaho Falls Fan Force? If the IDFFF has obtained a complete technical reading of this fan club it is possible, however unlikely, that they will find a weakness, and exploit it.

DEFECTED CPT. KIRK: The plans you refer to, will soon be back, in our hands.

SUPREME SW FAN: Any progress by the IDFFF (pauses and counts F?s), against this fan club would be a useless gesture, no matter what technical data they?ve obtained. This fan club is now the ultimate power in the universe. I suggest we use it.

DEFECTED CPT. KIRK: Don?t be too proud of this fan club you?ve created, cre-A-ted. The ability to destroy our Star Trek websites is insignificant next to the power of our fans.

PR OFFICER: I knew he?d never truly defect!

SUPREME SW FAN: Don?t try to frighten us with your bad acting Captain Kirk. Your sad devotion to that ancient TV show has not helped you conger up a descent movie, or given you the clairvoyance enough to deliver one good script?

-Kirk moves his hand to a choking position with his fingers towards the SUPREME SW FAN. Nothing happens. He keeps going like this for sometime until he runs towards him and starts choking him with his hands.

PRESIDENT: Enough of this. Kirk, release him! (Kirk lets go and begins weeping). This bickering is pointless. Now, Captain Kirk will provide us with the location of the next Star Trek convention by the time this fan force is totally operational. We will than crush them all with one swift stroke!

8. Oscar_the_Gungan

Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    Very funny script, but you are forgetting the Idaho Falls Fan Force has an in with you guys. ha ha ha.
    We are gearing up for a couple of films also and hopefully they will be ready for the Atomfilms contest. Good Luck to you guys from the Idaho Falls Star Wars Alliance.

9. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    I know...but it's all in good fun! I mean it's not like were serious...Thanks for the input Oscar and May the Force be With You!

10. cmdrwillard

cmdrwillard Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
    Kasey,

I like your script and I am excited to be included in it. My roommate will probably help us out with web stuff so let me know what you are thing about on that. This is Eric by the way.

11. MalcolmTolemac

Apr 6, 2002
    ...but you are forgetting the Idaho Falls Fan Force has an in with you guys. ha ha ha.

Are you trying to say we have a Mole? Kidding.

So lets figure out some affordable solutions to getting Imperial officer costumes as well as somewhere to film that is like the counsel chambers - Kasey

How exact do the costumes have to be? Don't you think we could get away with designing our own costumes to keep the cost down? Say, go to the Army/Navy store and find something similar to what we need?
    Just some questions to consider. (Not all of us have a great budget to do this from. Just trying to Keep It Simple, Silly.)

12. Oscar_the_Gungan

Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    I know you guys are just goofing. I didn't take any offense. I think we have some info somewhere on officer costumes. Our fanfilm is requiring a Jawa and Rodian. Its cool you guys are into fan films. If both groups get a few under their belt that would be lots of props and costumes to pool together for future films.

13. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    I totally dig it man! Think if we combined forces! It would be like the Confederacy of Independent Systems..before they're wiped out! It would be awesome! Well, I'm up for your idea Marc. It's sort of what I had in mind all along. Lets plan a date to go looking for cheap solutions around town... Eric is also our Treasurer right?

14. cmdrwillard

cmdrwillard Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
    Qui-Gonn

I think I have the perfect place to film, Black table, chairs and everything call me

15. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Gang:
    Eric and I scouted for some costumes today at all the thrift stores in town. I'm thinking if we take a dress coat and pull on side of it over and pin it down it could look believable and work. There were some great pants at the Army/Navy store...only Russell would need those as the Presdient because he's the only one of the "officers" who we see standing ever in the scene other than the defected cpt. Kirk. Anyways, it looks like this is coming together!
    Kasey

16. MalcolmTolemac

Apr 6, 2002
    Hey Kasey, I off this Sun through Wed. Let me know if you want to go look at costumes again or if anyone wants to just hang out, drop me a line...

EDIT: I off. Me talk Gungan for sure.
    (let me try that again... I am off!)

17. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Cool...I'll give you a call sometime Monday.

18. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Cmd. Williard. Let's get a priority list on the things we want to talk about with the fan film for the May 3rd meeting. I'm anxious to get the ball rolling on this production!

19. jedi5150

jedi5150 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 4, 2000
    Hey all,
    If you haven't seen it, bubba's barnyard has lots of info on making CHEAP SW costumes, including imperial officers, xwing pilots, etc.

here's the link:

http://tatooine.fortunecity.com/swampthing/97/

In addition, I've got info on making stormtrooper blasters for about $20.00 out of home depot stuff like PVC pipe.

If you need any info let me know...pm me or email jedi5150@fanforce.net

-Doug from Idaho Falls

20. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Thanks Doug!!!

21. RABIDJAWA

RABIDJAWA Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2002
    The script's pretty funny guys. Hope your production goes smoothly.

Oh yeah, a word of advice: STAY AWAY FROM SAND.

22. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Thanks, I'll take that into consideration...I don't think we'll be filming in sand. However, Malcom and I may be doing some shooting out there for some lightsaber fights.

23. skywalker325

skywalker325 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    now that I am home again and have time to post this...

Have you guys collected all the costumes yet? B/c I know 2 people who I think have Jedi costumes. And a third who probably has a Trekkie outfit. Just let me know if you need anything and I'll make some calls.

-sky

24. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Possibly a Cpt. Kirk costume. I don't know if Cmd. Willard has one or not. Thanks.

25. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Hey all...I'll be location scouting this week and maybe next depending on how quickly I find a place I like. Hopefully we can get this thing rolling here in a few weeks before school starts again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.