main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson FAN FILMS...anyone?

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by TSNFETT, Aug 17, 2006.

1. TSNFETT

TSNFETT Jedi Youngling

Aug 14, 2006
    TFF, Im new here though i was envolved several years ago. I would like to guage the intrest for the making of a Fan Film. The script is complete but missing are some of the talent. I would like to hear from the TFF to see who would be interested in parts as.;
    Background talent
    Walk throughs
    Gunmen/hench men
    "KEEP IN MIND"
    Some Costume parts would be supplied but you would be expected to supply most costume items, You would also be expected to be able to travel 100-170 miles for location shots.
    You should be in fairly good physical condition.
    This is of course a NON-Paying event,(you will get a completed movie) though a screening could be arranged around a charity event where the Public could meet and great the actors. You should be 18, or have a parent sign a waver (there will be Pyro,and so on)

Time frame is october-november (My bad guy is Currently in Iraq) and will be back here around that time. We have all equipment at our disposal... we need at least 20 Folks, and at least 4 children hope someone is interested

2. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    Could possibly be interrested. What types of characters will you be requiring, how much acting and dialogue needed, and where do you plan on filming?

I'll make a list of the charaters we have here..though I cannot vouch if they would be interrested.

Various "Light side" Jedi
    "Dark" Jedi
    Wookie "Chewie"
    Leia
    TIE Fighter
    Desert Mandalorian
    Biker Scout
    Jawa
    Red Gaurd
    Jango Fett
    Darth Vader
    Darth "scare the hell outta the kids" Nihilus
    Darth "Secret"...wink wink Old School ;)

soon: Commander Deviss (ep3 commander)
    soon: Mandalore(Mando leader)
    soon: Padme's Handmaiden
    soon: Shaq O' Neil...I mean Shak Ti(sp?)
    soon: REPUBLIC COMMANDO

3. TSNFETT

TSNFETT Jedi Youngling

Aug 14, 2006
    well, without giving to much away ...

The fantasy location is Tattoine, Time line is just before ANH (weeks before)
    So, A Jawa (have one would like a few more)
    Tusken raider (second one is good)
    we want a small Imperial presence, have A trooper .An officer, so we could use a Biker scout
    And several Gun men/bad guys: these guys would be extras to complement the main bad guy villian. Pictuer an old west movie in space!

Main Characters are Bobba Fett
    And introducing Lomyz Xam, former Imperial Conscripted Gladiator, Turned Hired Gunman.

Real world locations:

Sand dunes In Bowie AZ- Jawas, Tuskens, and Fett shots
    Small ghost town Ruins near Tucson- Would reqiur full cast
    My garage, and Homes sight for Back ground 1:1 scale Back drops, and Blue screen shots

Most sound will be done in Post production, Lomyxz, Fett, tusken any helmeted character

Gunfighter, and Background actors will have simple costumes easily put together at the Thrift shop. I will supply details, some weapons.
    There will be On set live Pyro technics, and someone will need to cover the Fire exstinguisher, We would all play several rolls both on and off camera.
    actual Live action shooting could be wrapped up in a few weekends of filming. There are already some Minitures built for blue screen use. One thing I would like is a Neat Slave 1 Model for some blue screen shots.
    Keep in mind that We will be casting these parts, so even though a person may want to be a Gunman he will have to read for it. Everyone who wants to be a part of it we will be sure they get on film. run time is 12Min, or less. Digital format, burned to DVD Thanks for your interest

4. jedirevan1

jedirevan1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2006
    Hehehehe..Frankie :)

I'm definitely interested though right now I don't have anything close to the costumes your looking for, but I'm sure something can be figured out. :) I have light and dark Jedi outfits and yes, I'm Darth "Secret". I've been wanting to do a fan film myself and also have been working on a script.

5. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    I"m interested, but am having some knee "issues"(an "issue" is less a concern than a "problem", isn't it?), so I could qualify as background talent, or could help out behind the camera with whatever I could help with, moving props, helping with sets, etc...

Every now and then I go through a "bold and color" print phase. Hope this shows up better than the royal blue fiasco.

Jeez, almost need sunglasses with orange/red. Who chose this blasted grey background?[face_frustrated]

6. TSNFETT

TSNFETT Jedi Youngling

Aug 14, 2006
    We can make sure everyone who wants to take part is able to do so. As the time line is Post jedi we can stil use the costume (or parts of it) What Im shooting for are the typs of Background actors as we see in EP1,ANH Earth tone, loose fitting Garments.If you have an Alein creature mask, Greedo Or so on. Thtsa a welcome. As well Wookies are welcome.
    This has been a slooooooooooooooow going project. several years in the making. Once we have everyone it will only take a few weks to film, a few months to edit, and add any CGI, Blue screen, and so on. This film is in nfact a small part of a larger story that would/is impossiable to make on a Fan film Budget. I am open to all suggestions, and as more detail are unveiled your comments are also welcome. Keep in mind that this is not a Comedy, parody. It is a Graffic look at what these Characters....People will Die...in dramatic fashion

7. _Anakin_Vader_

_Anakin_Vader_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    I have wanted to do a fan film for a while, but I pretty much can't meet the requirements. I'm not in "decent physical condition", and there is NO WAY I could drive 170 miles (even though I now am a licenced driver). I could maybe hitch a ride, but unless the shooting is gonna be on the weekends, I have school and can't ditch. Plus, my costume is Dark Jedi, which don't exist in this era. So... I would like a copy of the DVD!

8. TSNFETT

TSNFETT Jedi Youngling

Aug 14, 2006
    Never say...Never! Only a few shots will be done that will require a drive of 100+ miles. They will only involve a few of the Characters. The majority of filming will be done localy. keep in mind that a 12 Minute Movie will be shot in a bunch of short scence edited together. Though a dark Jedi May not exsist in this time line there may still be elements of your costume that cold be used to portray other characters. Most folks will have in their closet enough items to build the base costume, and I will lend the other items needed to complete it for the shoot. Anyone who is willing to put forth their time and Talents will have a copy of the film, and an opportunity to be a part of it..... I have been slowly collecting items, and putting together set dressings for many years to to this. My wife will be glad the stuff is gone when Im finished. When its all said and done its really all about Having FUN!

9. _Anakin_Vader_

_Anakin_Vader_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    Mmkay, then I am in! Just tell me when and where. I have wanted to be in a fanfilm for a FRICKIN' WHILE!!!

10. jedirevan1

jedirevan1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2006
    Well, I would like to contribute in some way. I'm sure there are 1 or 2 others down here in Sierra Vista that would be interested also. :)

11. JediObiKat

JediObiKat Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 15, 2006
    This sounds pretty cool! I'd like to hear more about it at the meeting on the 27th.
    I don't know if I would have time (this semester has the potential to be tough...really tough), but being part of a fan film would be lots of fun!

12. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    I was just talking with a buddy of mine I cali about our fanfilm. He is very interested and has a plethora of costumes several SW and various others. He has a martial arts back ground and acting experience and would love to join us in the sand dunes and possibly down here if he has time!

-Chris

13. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Where is the funding coming from?

14. TSNFETT

TSNFETT Jedi Youngling

Aug 14, 2006
    Thats really not a topic for public consumption. This fanfilm project has been in the pre-production stage for many years. so...98% of it has come from the MP bank (My Pocket). The equipment, Camera & sound are all privatly owned and operated by business associates that are willing to donate the time.. I have full editing suite/software, and the ability to transfer to the media of choice.

Keep in mind folks this is not a full length major motion picture, its a 10-15 Minute short. shot by a bunch of folks who like to escape to a galaxy far, far away when ever they have an oportunity. It could be a a great film, a bad film, or a so,so film. But it will be FUN, and thats really what its all about

15. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Will you be at the meetig to discuss it more?

16. TSNFETT

TSNFETT Jedi Youngling

Aug 14, 2006
    As of today, I am planning on attending.

17. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    nOW THIS IS A FAN FILM! I love the mish mash of powerful scroes, like Conan, of course, SW, and Gladiator!