main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NorthEast Fan Force Awards 2006 ~ winners announced !!!!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by strawbary, Jun 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    I haven't heard if there is a set date and place yet?

Look forward to meeting everyone and some of you again.

I have some extra figures let me know what you need I can send them out. :)

2. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Loosest morals?? That's Philly all the way :p

We also need a Clone Wars cartoon figure if anyone has an extra. Can be any one. Preferably Anakin or a Clone Trooper. Thanks!

3. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    Birds of a feather..... :p

4. buster726

buster726 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    Damn saw them ALL yesterday at a toyshow. pretty cheap too.

5. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    Is there a list that you need? And if i have a couple where do i send them?

6. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    When I get home tonight I will go over what I have on hand and post what we need :) Sound good?

To answer Darth Lucanas we are holding these at Comicon in Pittsburgh I believe its in April... :)

I will make a more formal posting tonight since it looks like we need to get this rolling and maybe try to gain some interest. Perhaps if we get enough chapters to attend we can work on somegroup discounts for the hotel?

7. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    The short list of guest for the con is up.

www.pittsburghcomicon.com

8. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    When does the nomination/voting process for this begin?

I'm going to be making up a small flier to hand out to everyone at the FF Holiday Dinner reminding them that this event will be taking place at Pittsburgh Comic Con.

~Doc_Bev

9. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    The nomination process wont happen till a month before ;)

I have the old programs left over from last year I can bring you can attach if you want nicky. Can u send me the flyer before you hand it out though? I would love to see it. :)

Thanks

10. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Here's what the flier says:

Mark your calendars for this year?s FanForce Awards!

They will be held during Pittsburgh Comicon taking place April 21st-23rd, 2006 at The Pittsburgh Expo Mart in Monroeville, PA

For more information on the FanForce Awards check out the thread on the NE
    Regional Discussion Board. For more on the con visit www.pittsburghcomicon.com

~Doc_Bev

11. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    sweeet!!! Looks great!!!! :) kudos for doing those Nicky! =D=

12. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Do we know yet if these will be the same categories? And what will the new submission deadline be?

~Doc_Bev

13. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    will there be any Celeberity presenters or Song and dance numbers? those are always great at awards shows.

14. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    I am working on the awards show right now. It will be similar to the last one , with musical talent, a slideshow presentation etc.

It is not confirmed if any celebrities will be attending as of yet *fingers crossed*

if anyone is interested in participating in the awards show please PM me so I can work that into the programming :)

15. Squints

Squints Jedi Youngling

Feb 7, 2006

Somehow I dont think this was the right thread for that ;)

16. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    since we are having a Fanfilm competition it would be nice to know if any chapters currently have a fanfilm they would like to submit or are intending to submit one.

I would like to know if we will be having any to show at the awards this year in april so I can work them into the programming :)

Thanks and good luck everyone!

17. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Could you confirm that the categories I quoted in my previous post will be the ones also used this year?

~Doc_Bev

18. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    We're working on that. I can confirm that the CR, Banner and fanfilm ones will stay. I can tell you I am 99% sure all will stay with a few new ones added on ;)

It will just depend Nicky.......For example the chewie award is best fanfilm. I have yet to have a submission for one. We didnt do that award last year either due to lack of entries. I will make a more official announcement of the categories tomorrow night. I have to go over a few things tomorrow night with a couple of people and will start announcements invites etc ...... alot of thought and work go into not only the show but the awards themselves. I take great pride in really looking at all the chapters positives to make sure I have not overlooked anyones efforts. :)

thus why I say we will more than likely keep the ones we have and a few other categories may be added. ;)

Also keep in mind that the only real submissions (peoples choice) from the region we take are for the yoda award. The other categories I have the other RSA's all vote upon. This keeps things fair and I know the last awards went well.

If you know anyone you would like to nominate for the yoda award please pm me.

I will accept nominations from anyone regarding any category. those nominations will be considered in the voting process. So.... its all good no worries :)

I dont want to jump the gun with this yet I will make an official release tomorrow when everything gets ironed out. Thanks for everyones patience.

19. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Once you have everything set in stone please let me know and I will post it on our website. If my internet here at home wants to play nice I will release it to the peeps. Would it be possible for you to put something up about this on the FanForce website strawbary?

I would also like to remind those that plan on attending that the tickets are available now.

20. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    I have people asking, so here goes.

Are the categories set yet, and if so when does the nomi/moon period begin?

21. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    the categories will stay as is I just have not had a chance to post an official announcement. Remember the nominations are only for the yoda and chewie award.

You are welcome to feel free and PM me regarding who u think should get this award and that etc but the only awards that are peoples choice are the chewie and yoda award ;)

Thats why in my official post it will explain alot :)

I will have a slow period today just after lunch I will try to hammer everything out. If not sooner.

Please bare with me ;)

Thanks for everyones patience!!!

22. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Hmmm, no fanfilm entries yet? So if Pittsburgh entered what is the worst Fanfilm in existance (it makes the Holiday Special high art by comparision) then we would win by default! [face_devil]

23. buster726

buster726 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    I say by default give the award to Thumbwars. It's a NJO favorite!! LOL

grrencat no way anything could be THAT bad?! right?!

24. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I have to veto any Pitsburgh entires. Our film was horrible, very horrible.

25. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    That's my point.

Our fanfilm was the absolute worst fanfilm ever made. Everything about it was awful. The acting, the set, the voice dubs (three done by same person), sound quality, the costuming, the 'missing Stormie' graphic, the terrible sunburn I got on my . . . Well, after you see the video you can guess where I got sunburned.

It is the archtype of how not to make a fanfilm. Future generations of filmmakers should speak of it in hushed, frightened whispers, fearful that their films will be said to be almost as bad. Not as bad, of course, for nothing could ever sink to the level of our fanfilm.

Everyone should have it inflicted upon them. Then, they can watch the Holiday Special in peaceful serenity, for nothing in HS even comes close the terrible filmmaking that is our fanfilm.

I'm quite proud of it, actually. [face_batting]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.