main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vancouver Fanforce Activity

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Azeria_Jade, May 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azeria_Jade

Azeria_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2001
    Hey y'all! Here's pretty much what I've garnered from the other thread and condensed into one easily understood format.

? 1. What: A ROTS viewing enjoyed by (most) of our beloved Fanforce.

? 2. When: 7:00 arrival time, 7:40 viewing of the film

? 3. Where: Silvercity Metropolis

Address:
    4700 Kingsway Avenue
    Burnaby, BC
    V5H 4M1

? 4. Price: Admission and whatever ridiculously priced food/beverage you may wish to purchase

? 5. Transportation: Here's a helpful link!

? 6. Extra Notes: Since we're going on friday it looks like costumes are out. But it'd be cool if everyone tries to wear something "star warsy", i.e. a Yoda shirt. Phill, you can wear that pink Princess Leia T your sister has!

2. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    Is this this friday? If so, I am not going to be able to make it... ;)

3. dooku-ca-choo

dooku-ca-choo Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 5, 2004
    Aw, c'mon Indy. If you started driving right now, you'd be here in plenty of time.

Looks like a good plan to me. We may want to double check the showtimes when they're published for this weekend. Odds are there will be a showing at or around 7:40, so it probably won't affect us too much, but it can't hurt.

4. Master_Ikrik

Master_Ikrik Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2004
    I will totally wear my sister's shirt!!!!!!!!!! it might be a bit tight, if so, Alex, can i borrow your pink princess Leia shirt?

5. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
    So was this Friday?

6. dooku-ca-choo

Jun 5, 2004
    I think so.

7. Azeria_Jade

Azeria_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2001
    Oh geez, sorry 'bout that. A day would be useful. Friday since that seems to be the best for the majority.

8. Master_Ikrik

Jul 30, 2004
    but, i have a trumpet lesson i would LOVE to miss on Saturday!

9. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    I'll try to be there by 7:00, but I might be bringing someone with me, and she doesn't get off work until 6:00.

10. dooku-ca-choo

Jun 5, 2004
    Where are we going to meet?

11. TIEPilot051999

Mar 27, 2002
    I was thinking we could meet by the escalator.

12. Master_Ikrik

Jul 30, 2004
    SHE, alex, SHE? wow, anywhoo i'm just gonna follow Rachiepie, SHE!!!!!! wow Alex, you sure i won't steal her away with my charming good looks and downright sex appeal?

13. Devi

Devi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2002
    SHE, alex, SHE?

That's what I was going to ask. You aren't dating anyone behind my back, are you? ;) (j/k)

14. TIEPilot051999

Mar 27, 2002
    wow Alex, you sure i won't steal her away with my charming good looks and downright sex appeal?

Not really. After all, you don't have any of those things anyway. :p

You aren't dating anyone behind my back, are you?

Of course not.

15. Jedi_Ulic_Qel-Droma

Jedi_Ulic_Qel-Droma Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 9, 2002
    I can make it on friday methinks...I might bring along a few peeps, or my sister.. not sure yet..

But Ill try to be in Metropolis before 7.. if you are there around 7 and have a cell, give me a ring

604-719-JEDI (5334)

Cheers

16. Master_Ikrik

Jul 30, 2004
    Nice one Alex, seriosly. K, i just remembered i have a photography course from 7-10 that i totally forgot about, so i won't be making it :(

17. dooku-ca-choo

Jun 5, 2004
    *** Updated showtimes for Silvercity Metropolis have been released ***

Fri Jun 3:
    12:05 pm 12:35 pm 3:30 pm 4:00 pm 7:00 pm 7:30 pm 10:15 pm 10:45 pm

7:30 is the closest to our original plan, shall we go with that?

18. TIEPilot051999

Mar 27, 2002
    I'd rather shoot for seven, if it's at all possible.

Either that, or we can all go to the Coquitalm theatre.

19. dooku-ca-choo

Jun 5, 2004
    Ok, but earlier you said you weren't sure if you could make it to the theatre by 7, now you want to see the 7pm show and meet even earlier? I'm confused.

EDIT: the 7pm showtime is cool with me, I just wanna make sure I understood you properly.

20. TIEPilot051999

Mar 27, 2002
    Ok, but earlier you said you weren't sure if you could make it to the theatre by 7, now you want to see the 7pm show and meet even earlier? I'm confused.

I said that because I wasn't exactly sure whether or not I would have to wait to pick up my lady friend.

And now that I know that I don't have to, I can come earlier.

And I would very much like to go to the Coquitlam theatre instead of the Metrotown one...unless one of you feels generous enough to drive me to the Coquitlam bus station afterward.

21. dooku-ca-choo

Jun 5, 2004
    Ok, sorry, I'm confused again. You're now saying that Metropolis is a no-go for you unless you get a ride, regardless of whether or not we go to the 7pm showing, correct?

Coquitlam is possible for me, but obviously I can't speak for the others. And I can't provide a ride, sorry.

22. TIEPilot051999

Mar 27, 2002
    I'll go whether or not we go to Metrotown or Coquitlam. I would prefer to go to Coquitlam, though, because it would mean a shorter trip home for me should I be able to get a ride from there to the bus station near the mall. Metrotown is more of a convienence for me to get to, but would be more difficult, but not impossible, to leave from.

So, to make a long story short, I'm coming regardless of the theatre we go to. Depending on what happens, though, I may need a ride.

23. dooku-ca-choo

Jun 5, 2004
    Do you mean depending on whether we go to Metropolis or depending on other factors?

24. TIEPilot051999

Mar 27, 2002
    Other factors, mainly when we get out, how long we spend time after the movie's over, and whether or not I can get a ride to the bus station or have to go there myself.

25. dooku-ca-choo

Jun 5, 2004
    Ok, I understand now.

I'm going to bed soon, so I'm just going summarize my availability and suggestions:

- either the 7:00pm or 7:30pm shows for Metropolis will work for me. I would suggest we meet at least 30 mins before showtime at the top of the escalators to the theatre level.

- I could do Silvercity Coquitlam but we're going to have to decide on a showtime (evening shows for this theatre are 6:40 pm 7:15 pm 7:45 pm) and a meeting time and meeting place. I'm not so familiar with the Coquitlam theatre so I'll let someone else offer suggestions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.