main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY FanForce Awards 2005 & Pittsburgh Comicon - April 21st-23rd

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Doc_Bev, Nov 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Here's where you go to get the tickets in advance. Remember if you wear your costume when you enter the con on Sunday you get in free - so you only need to get a 2-day pass.

Although, we've gotten our tickets at the door for this in the past and have never had a problem. I don't think they cost any different pre-order versus at the door. Also, they're not numbered or anything so getting them in advance doesn't get you better seats or anything like that.

For the FF Awards banquet on Sat evening, here's the page with the info to order those tickets. Those ones you do save $5 by getting them in advance.

~Doc_Bev

2. -KnightShade-

-KnightShade- Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2004

Hmm -
    The Con is open on Friday, and the 501st is having a Dinner that night...
    Might be more fun than Sunday if it doesn't conflict with school or work

3. theGreatSot

theGreatSot Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2005
    So here's the deal...
    April 21 -23 is Alfred University's "Parents Weekend" and it's also Hot Dog Day, THE BIGGEST excuse ever for us college kids at Alfred University and Alfred State to get completely plastered. This means that AU Security, of which I am a guard, is working overtime to make sure that kids are not getting in too much trouble in in lots of cases, dispatching the Rescue Squad due to people needing to be hospitalized because of too much alcohol. This means that I have to take extra sifts, besides my Sat 9-6. I can try to take a shift on Sunday and come out to Comicon, but no promises because I am low man on the totem-pole.

I'm just affraid that if I wait too long, snce we haven't signed up for shifts yet, to book a room for Friday night, that I won't be able to get one close to the hotel. So is there anyone that Don and I could crash with? (I'm fine with sleeping on the floor and I'm sure that Don will stay up all night and play games in the 24hr gaming room.)

Sorry for the long post...:p

4. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    Hot dog day...*shakes head*

Didn't they change the name of that a few years back in an attempt to shed the negative stigma associated with previous hot dog days? lol

5. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    Are you coming for the parties Katie?

6. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    Which parties? lol Comicon parties?

7. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    I meant Pittsburgh in General Katie :p

8. MadKidJedi

MadKidJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2005
    If I can jump in here, Scotty: is there floor space in your hotel room? I will pay for it,in advance, if you like... :) [face_praying] [face_dancing]

9. wookie_cookie

wookie_cookie Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2001
    I have that weekend off, so I think I'll try to go, not that I know anything about comic books. ;) The dinner sounds like fun.

10. TD-027

TD-027 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 27, 2004
    BTW - I thought I'd mention to all my Pittsburgh roommates, I snore when I sleep, I hope I don't bother anyone. I-) :oops: [face_blush]

11. theGreatSot

theGreatSot Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2005
    Nope, it's still called Hot Dog Day, and I won't know for sure if I'll be able to weasel my way out of having to take a shift on Friday or Saturday morning until next weekend when they post shift sign-ups. I hope that Don and I can make it out for Friday/Saturday. If we are able to does anyone still have floor space for us to pass-out on? If not, here's hoping we'll be able to get a hotel room close by.

12. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    According to expedia.com there are still two hotels w/in 2 miles that have rooms for about $70 a night. If you plug in 105 Mall Blvd, Monroeville, PA while searching for hotels closest to a US address it'll show you hotels and how far away they are from the expo center. It looks like the one we booked for $53 a night is now sold out - I was kind of surprised.

I wish I could offer crash space, but we have enough trouble getting Connor to sleep when it's just the 3 of us in the room.

~Doc_Bev

13. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    Dean talk to Mike
    Duane we will have a concert you and I of snoring.

14. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    I heard a rumour that your chapter has a clone trooper ..... [face_whistling] would they be coming to the awards by chance? O:)

15. TX4277

TX4277 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    Strawbary, I will be coming to the Con with my ARC Trooper...

Is there a particular reason you're asking?

Mike

16. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    pm sent [face_devil]

17. wookie_cookie

wookie_cookie Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2001
    I'm going to have to miss this one, my finances won't allow for it and Disney...and I already have the plane tickets for that. ;)

18. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Definites:
    Doc_Bev & Connor
    KnightShade
    TX4277
    Wingnut
    TD-027
    MadKidJedi

Tentatives:
    TheGreatSot (& 2 friends) (maybe Friday/Sat only)
    Ayka
    Akayeon

Unable
    Wookie-Cookie

Anyone else? Is JediMaster1610 still out?

Has everyone gotten their con tickets, hotel, banquet tickets and transportation worked out yet? It doesn't sound like we'll be able to do a caravan with North Ridge as everyone will be arriving and leaving on different days.

~Doc_Bev

19. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    We'll have a group going as well, but will be leaving Saturday morning and staying overnight.

20. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Reminder: the deadline to submit nominations for this year's FF Awards is tomorrow.

On March 20th I submitted some nominations to Strawbary including links to photos of us in costume for the Queen Amidala Award. If anyone is interested in reading what I sent in just PM me and I'll PM you a copy of my letter. FYI - You don't need to be attending PCC to participate in the nomination process.

~Doc_Bev

21. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    There will be a link provided next week regarding voting on the fanfilm submissions.

A website is being made as we speak for the awards. So hopefully we will be able to vote right on there :)

Thanks again to eveyrone for all your support and enthusiasm!

Good luck!

22. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    Crap.
    When is the last day to purchase Dinner Tickets?

23. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    tomorrow is the deadline for purchasing your tickets. however if you need an extension PM rox..... :) I'm sure he would love to hear from you :)

24. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Actually the deadline to purchase in advance tickets for $25 has been extended to April 10th. However, you can still purchase tickets to the banquet for $30 at the door.

~Doc_Bev

25. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    So it sounds like Wingnut and TX4277 (and MadKid probably?) are leaving around 2pm-ish on Thursday. I'm assuming TD-027 is driving down solo at some point. And, we still haven't heard if Ayka & Akayeon are going or not?

KnightShade hasn't figured out when he's getting out of work on Thursday, so I'm not sure yet what time we'll be leaving. My goal would be to leave such that we make it to Monroeville no later than 9pm-ish, and I wouldn't be opposed to arriving earlier.

So - I'm not sure if there will be a caravan for this trip as we will probably all be leaving at different times.

~Doc_Bev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.