main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson FanForce Trivial Pursuit Contest

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by BrotherHalo, Oct 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    FanForce Community is hosting a FanForce-wide Trivial Pursuit Contest. Put on your thinking caps - let's have the Southwest Region reprazent!

See this thread in FFC for the details!

2. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    okay.. I think this sounds kewl.. sounds like whoever participates has to be available and online on wednsday nights from 9pm till game ends.. any takers.. I want too.. however.. if three of you want to .. then I can step out and let the others play.. ya'll tend to know more than I do most of the time.. I'm old school.. and lots of psychology.. not much scientific.

3. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    Hmmmmm, sounds really fun. We must beat the other chapters! :p

4. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    Maybe at this weekends "unofficial" meet we can go through ep 1-6 to brush up on intell.

5. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    does anyone have a trivial pursuit game? we could quiz each other with the cards to brush up

6. timstephens4

timstephens4 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2005
    I am so in if anybody wants to make an official team. I don't mean to brag, but I can answer any trivia SW related perfectly. Ask me anything and I will know the answer. In fact, why don't we start practicing now. I will begin with the following question: What are the names of Tatooine's suns? (Fitting, I know) Good luck all.

7. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    "Impressive...Most impressive." [face_thinking]

8. WookieWallaby

WookieWallaby Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2005
    Is the answer Freddy Bob and Tatooine Jr. ?

9. WookieWallaby

WookieWallaby Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2005
    Seriously, I've got the Trivial Pursuit "Star Wars - Classic Trilogy Edition". Let me know if you guys want me to bring it on Sunday.

10. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    tantoo (sp) 1 and 2?

11. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    yes Wookie, Bring it!

12. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    O, yea!

Bring it on Wookie breath

:p

13. timstephens4

Jun 10, 2005
    Wow, someone actually knew the answer to my question. Hal, you are correct. Now, another question that might not be in the Trivial Pursuit:

What species is Darth Maul?

14. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    Maul comes from the humanoid species of Iridonian Zabrack

ok, where did Anakin construct his first lightsaber..using what method?

15. timstephens4

Jun 10, 2005
    Anakin constructed his first lightsaber while in a Force induced halucination fighting Darth Maul on the planet Ilum. It is not know how he did it exactly because Obi-wan was not present due to Jedi tradition, and Anakin was halucinating.

Who were Anakin's various masters? All of them.

16. timstephens4

Jun 10, 2005
    Hey, I am willing to captain this team if someone else doesn't want to. I just need to know who would be officially interested in doing this.

17. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I think we have more than enough willing participants.. why don't we see sunday who is up for the challenge.. keeping in mind you have to be available for the nights the games are played.. though it would appear from the directions/instructions you get the questions and then the next night or something you have to do the answers.. I may not be reading it right though.. seems though that Hal and wookie wallaby, and timstephens, and mugen all are ready.. and I would love to do it.. but for me I am not as with it on the answers as you all are.. so I feel I should probably let ya'll go for it.. if everyone shows up tomorrow we can discuss the team.. Tim by all means if you can't show up your still in.. but sure would love to have you join us if it is at all possible.. just to hang out.. if nothing else give us a call while we are having the meeting so we can get your thoughts. I'll pm you my number.

18. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    I wouldnt say I am ready for this...a man once told me.. "A true wise man never stops learning...it rests within him to gather knowledge throughout his days..the moment he believes he has learned it all, he fails" I know some stuff..

19. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    your knowledge passes me though..

20. timstephens4

Jun 10, 2005
    Mugen,

Ah, but what better way to retain your knowledge than by testing it. For only when a man can call upon his knowledge at any time has he truly learned it.

May the Force guide you in your quest for knowledge.

21. timstephens4

Jun 10, 2005
    OK, seems nobody knew the answer to my last question. It was a tough one. The answer is Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Ki-Adi-Mundi, and finally Palpatine. Here's a new question to test your skills, it is from the OT:

What is the bartender's name in the Cantina of Mos Eisley?

On a side note, the entry to join this game is due by Wednesday I believe, the sooner, the better.

22. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Qui-gon, Yoda, Obi-Won, Palp/Sidious?

23. timstephens4

Jun 10, 2005
    Actually, according to the comic series and the novels, Yoda was never Anakin's master, he was a mentor. Ki-Adi-Mundi became Anakin's master after the Battle of Jabiim in which Obi-Wan was thought dead. Obi-Wan became Anakin's master once he was found to not be dead, and then Palpy became Anakin's final master.

24. timstephens4

Jun 10, 2005
    Come on guys, lets totally do this. TFF needs to be represented. Tomorrow is the dealine. I know that Hal and Mugen know some stuff, so if you two don't mind posting your names with me as the captain I can so do this. Come on, there is VIP status on the line for the winners (that's gonna be us). Please.[face_praying] [face_praying][face_praying][face_praying][face_praying] Don't make me beg.

25. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    too late...you already did. [face_dancing]

I am in (although I am a dullard). What do I have to do?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.