main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon FanForce Website

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by CountBakufu, Aug 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CountBakufu

CountBakufu Jedi Master star 2

Oct 10, 2001
    I did about a quick mock up for a PDX FanForce website Main Page since nobody has presented one yet. I did it in about 45min so it's far from perfect but wanted to at least get the ball rolling on this. Suggestions or comments?
    You can see the test front page here:Portland FanForce

FYI: This is a .gif and the actual site would not cut off halfway across the page and would line up to the sides of the browser

2. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2002
    It looks nice. maybe you should add the Tantive IV above the city in front of the SD

3. Raiden

Raiden Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2002
    it looks neat although I would create tables for the seperate parts...
    -Raiden

4. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Looks amazing to me, especially since you did it in 45 min! [face_shocked]

5. CountBakufu

CountBakufu Jedi Master star 2

Oct 10, 2001
    It looks nice. maybe you should add the Tantive IV above the city in front of the SD

well, then i'll have to change it to an Imperial Star Destroyer and I could not find one at the right angle to look like it's hovering over Portland. If you know of an Imperial Star Destroyer that will fit please let me know where to find it. Thanks!

it looks neat although I would create tables for the seperate parts...

This is a mock-up only that I did in PhotoShop. I was not going to take the time and trouble to code everything only to find I had to go back and change things or revamp the whole thing.

Looks amazing to me, especially since you did it in 45 min!

Thanks Mara Jade, did you build the site for SDFF? It looks very nice.
    BTW - I had mentioned before about me moving to San Diego. I will be moving within the first quarter of the year...hopefully.

6. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    ^ No, I didn't build our website, I am not that talented. :p Our webmaster posts as ValueROCKR on the FanForce boards, and posts as sandiego on our SDSWS board. Our board is being graciously hosted free of charge by the Seattle Star Wars Society.

7. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Custom Banner:
    The dimensions of the banner are as follows:

Main banner image - 764 x 110
    Main Background image - any x 110
    Curve image - 69 x 67
    Side Bar image - 32 x 465

After you have created these images, you need somewhere to host them. Often the best idea is on the chapter's website (if it has one that allows remote linking) or on the webspace that your ISP gives you when you sign up.

Once you have this done, run your graphics by your Regional Support Administrator with the link to where they are hosted, and they will arrange to get it uploaded for you.

8. Raiden

Raiden Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2002
    I can recode the page so that the images are seperate, for you..

9. ImperialJedi

ImperialJedi Jedi Master star 3

Sep 23, 2001
    Nice!

-IJedi

P.S. I hope one word properly conveys my opinion. hehe

10. Rickthetamer

Rickthetamer Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 1, 2002
    Whooo! Nice job.

*Wishes he could give his Star Wars site a decent layout*

11. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    I don't have any problems with hosting the site myself and getting a domain name for it. It costs $8.95 per year. While it would be nice to have everyone pitch in a few bucks, it's not a huge deal. So if nobody wants to, I'll pay the bill myself. I mean, hehe, it's cents per month here, not going to kill anyone.

I have a dedicated server at RackShack, 64.246.6.4 (my IP), and I get 400 gigs per month of transfer plus a 20 gig hard drive. I don't use all of it right now, nor do I anticipate using it all anytime in the near future. Plus, if I ever got to the point where bandwidth was an issue, which I probably will, then I'll just get another server, so I'll always have plenty of space.

I imagine we'd only use about 1 gig of transfer per month at the VERY MOST. I don't even think we'd hit 100 megs, personally. My headquarters site, http://www.jlbmedia.com, uses about 500 megs per month at most. It has sufficient traffic, but not much there as you can see. Even my movie site only uses about 500 megs per month though. My VinDieselWorld.com site uses more like 35-100 gigs. It's a big hitter. :) But then again, that is from 5,000 to 10,000 people loading 50,000 to 100,000 pages per day!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.