main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Farewell to the 3NS - DC/Virginia ROTS Viewing

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by stormcloud8, Jun 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Well, we are now in our last week of existence before the Death Star turns its evil main gun on this forum and we are blasted to bits. Interestingly, it seems that we have at least four 3NS members who live within driving distance of a (squeaky) digital theater in Virginia, so there might be some interest in a group viewing. Is anyone else within driving distance of Northern Virginia who might be interested in getting together for a viewing at some point?

Also, are there other groupings of 3NS members in other geographies?

2. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    Well it turns out my dad and sister want to go see it digital so we're going later today, but it will still be playing there throughout the next week, and one can hope next weekend as well.

So it just depends on if anyone is interested.

3. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    Oh, is it going away that quickly? I would have thought it would be there for the required 12 or 8 weeks or whatever the digital committment is.

4. RebelScum77

Aug 3, 2003
    I have no idea how long it's playing storm, it could be a long time... I'm just looking at what I can tell from the ticket website. Perhaps it's worth asking the theater?

5. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    Yes, good idea. The ironic thing about that theater is that the viewing will be MUCH better in a month or so when there are less people to make the seats squeak.

I did hear on the Spoiler Forum that those theaters who went digital had to make a committment to Lucasfilm to show it for a minimum period of time.

6. hew

hew Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 1999
    I might be able to make it a showing. I'll probably be switching jobs in the next few weeks so my schedule is up in the air.

7. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    I'm in that area and always up for seeing ROTS again.

8. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    OK, this is great. We've got 5 people who can possibly make it so far. I sent a PM to dojotony but didn't hear back, he may be off the boards.

I guess the next question is, when can people do it? Weekends? Weekdays? Let's start with a simple proposal - who can go next weekend?

9. RebelScum77

Aug 3, 2003
    I may or may not be able to come... I might actually be going to TN next weekend. I'll let you know as soon as I figure it out.

10. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    Well I suspect we have plenty of time to plan this out, but we'll have to move our communication about the outing off this channel in the next week. Do we have a 3NS Cantina Thread going up in the Spoiler Forum?

11. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    Weekends would be the only time I'd be able to make it.

12. Kavic_Toth

Kavic_Toth Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 9, 2002
    Dang. And it would be the perfect excuse to hit VB, too.

Not sure the woman would be convinced to drive 7 hours to see ROTS again, though. :p

13. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    Where are you coming from?

14. DarthTickle

DarthTickle Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2002
    I'm in the middle of a move next weekend, probably won't work for me.

15. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    There's a guy on the spoiler board trying to get people to go as some kind of national star wars day on June 25th. Does that work for people?

16. DarthTickle

DarthTickle Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2002
    That would most likely work for me.

17. RebelScum77

Aug 3, 2003
    Perhaps. Why June 25th?

18. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    Well it's a weekend, which seems to work better for everyone. And some guy in 3SA was trying to spark interest in a day where everyone goes, in a feeble attempt to drive up the box office. Not that a few people from the boards can make a tangible difference, but why not give it a shot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.