main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Fate of the Jedi and Aftermath Fan Club - looking forward to Crucible and SotJ!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Sinrebirth , Apr 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    More LTotS than FotJ, but nothing beyond the first one, really. It's an exceptional read, as well, by the way. :cool:

I was getting to the point where I thought nobody was reading the thread! :p

I shall update everything now! :p

We have the back page of Backlash; [image=http://www.starwars.com/vault/books/news20091023/backlashback_img.jpg]

The front page of Allies; [image=http://www.starwars.com/vault/books/news20091013/allies_bg.jpg]

And the fourth Lost Tribe of the Sith e-book, Savior, announced for April!

And... a cover for Vortex!; [image=http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/3/32/Vortex_cover.jpg]

Lots and lots of stuff to look forward to!

2. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    "Yes to the first, yes to the second, but only as long as we keep to the shallows as much as possible."

Translation: Great news all around, except the last bit with the Han cover could be more exciting (ie, more original).

3. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    i have liked all the covers for fotj so far. so any callista rumors for allies. obviously allies is the temporary alliance of the skywalkers and the sith against abeloth

4. AdamQD

AdamQD Jedi Master

Apr 2, 2006
    Ahhhh, somewhere to come and feel safe :) Its hard out there, EU Hate is at High I've never known before, and with the poodoo the Guys at the Ranch are releasing on a Friday I thought I was Doomed.

Absolutely thrilled at the FOTJ line, and the Lost Tribe in-betweens are my kinda thing hehe Great Stuff.

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Unlocked and bumped.

Remember, if you do discuss Ascension here, please keep it under 'highlight-to-read', please. :)

6. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Bump! All spoilers are, however, free upto Crucible and Sword of the Jedi.

7. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    This series had a lot of potential when I started reading Outcast way back when. Not my most favorite series in Star Wars ever but I do intended to do a read through from DNT all the way through Apocalypse next summer after Apocalypse is out in PB to get a picture of the tragedy of Darth Caedus as a whole

8. A Tool

A Tool Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 2, 2012
    Loved FotJ! My favorite Star Wars story yet!!! :D

Sinrebirth likes this.
  9. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    I liked the new dynamic with Ben most. He's now competent, talented, powerful, and yet snarky, goofy, and a complete teenager. He was what Luke needed at that time. I like the vestara dynamic as well. What I didn't like was the father son daughter abeloth junk. Just not interested, and irritated that it helps to firm the clone wars as canon. Frustrating.

A Tool and Zeta1127 like this.
  10. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Mortis and Maul are the only two significant aspects of Clone Wars. Everything else can be ignored, and is, for the most part, unimportant.

A Tool likes this.
  11. imiller

imiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2004
    Hey, Sinre, is this going to be the place for SotJ/Mercy Kill fans too, like in the temp forums?

12. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Definitely.

I literally cannot wait for SotJ. The concept that it may also be released in the same year (i.e. next year), like the DNT, sound really cool. Editing issues aside, Golden writes the Lost Tribe really well. And Mercy Kill, as our first novel in the post-Apocalypse era, was amazing. Between Voort, Scut and so forth, it was a lovely way to re-introduce characters and finish off a loose end from FotJ.

13. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    Excellent! I shall definitely be around, then! Do we have any word on that proposed release schedule for Sword of the Jedi?

14. A Tool

Sep 2, 2012
    I loved the covers to FotJ, they were all really cool. :)

15. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    As far as covers, it was definitely time to try something a tad more stylistic, but I confess to hoping that they try something different with the upcoming series.

16. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    No word, imiller, just that the Del Rey contract ends in 2013 so SotJ needs to come out next year!

Hopefully the covers will be pretty awesome.

17. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    Yes? Or maybe they're planning on renewing the contract? I personally hope for the latter, given that I really want Golden to take time and make this as awesome as she can.

18. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I want a return to the NJO type of covers or the New Republic era covers but with updated faces and stuff

19. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    Hum. I would love to see more Dave Seeley covers, or John Harris covers. Wasn't a big fan of the collage style in most of the NJO. It doesn't seem likely that we'll get Bantam-type covers, though, considering what happened to Mercy Kill's cover.

Though Crucible does feel a bit like one of the older ones.

20. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm not sure who did what covers but I wish we at least had a couple people on the covers and not just one person or the same people over and over again. I wouldn't mind a return to the LOTF covers, the FOTJ covers were pretty bad but just get new people on the covers. OR maybe have a scene from the book be the cover, I don't know

21. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    Scenes from books require that the book be done before the artist is hired...which almost never, ever happens, according to every author I've ever heard comment on the subject.

22. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    That's unfortunate. That could have been something new and exciting that they could have done since it was a new series or arc. Oh well. I just hope whatever they do will be good. I hope the teaser picture that came with the announcement will be a cover. That was pretty cool

23. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    That's part of why I'm so thrilled about the Reader's Companion - lots and lots and lots of scenes from books. Same with Warfare.

24. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Although I haven't read any of FOTJ yet I do plan onto in the future.

25. A Tool

Sep 2, 2012
    One of the parts I find myself enjoying the most is the side Jedi who were introduced or expanded upon in the series.....
    Sothais Saar, Bandy Geffer, Barratk'l, and Seha Dorvald; all of which I hope go on to have a grand future in the Star Wars EU! :)

Any characters in the series catch your eye?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.