main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Favorite 3.75 action figure collections????

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by It'sHereToStay, Dec 17, 2012.

1. It'sHereToStay

It'sHereToStay Jedi Youngling

Dec 1, 2012
    I have a ton of 3.75 figures and I was wondering what is everybody else's favorite collectoin. (Mine is the 2006 saga collection)

Choices. I tried to go in order, but I probably left out some :)
    Original Vintage
    POTF 1
    POTF 2
    Episode 1
    POTJ
    Episode 2 (original saga collection)
    Episode 3
    30th aniversary
    Saga
    Legacy
    Vintage

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I like the Saga collection and the Vintage collection, as they have improved articulation. Though, I still have a soft spot for and will use my old POTF 2 figures for stop-motion.

3. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Original vintage - what can I say? I'm old school, it's what I grew up with. I pick up the occasional figure that's needed to fill out displays but I really don't pay attention to the different modern lines.

whostheBossk likes this.
  4. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    I grew up with vintage so that's tops. POTF2 would come in 2nd for me. I know the actual figures look terrible nowadays but back then they were the first new Star Wars figures in forever and they flew off the shelves. Great memories. My 3rd would be the 30th anniversary collection. Those were good times for me as I had a lot of fun money to spend and I bought a ton of those figures.

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I don't collect by line. My collection is more character-based (mostly Fetts, Slave I, and anything else that I like the looks of). So based on that, my favorite small Fett is the 300th figure of Boba.

6. It'sHereToStay

It'sHereToStay Jedi Youngling

Dec 1, 2012
    I try to balance what figures i get sometimes, but i always seem to get more jedi the anything else.

7. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    Vintage Collection. I was initially afraid that the gimmick would wear off, and the set would die shortly, but it's still going strong after two years. And with good reason, too; the articulation, sculpting, paint apps, etc, are all far ahead of the previous lines. Even the Vintage presentation scores it some extra brownie points. I think the Expanded Universe releases are kind of pointless, but the various episodes in the Saga all get fair representation.

Sometimes, they even add too much detail: Ponda Baba has an extra set of arms just because of the well-known goof in the movie where he mistakenly has a furry, fingered hand.

8. JediMasterKeno

JediMasterKeno Jedi Grand Master star 1

Apr 22, 2000
    My personal favorites still are Power of the Force 2, Saga 2002-2004, The Saga Collection, and 30th Anniversary because of certain figures like Pote Snitkin from POTF2 and Captain Antilles from Saga 2002-2004 series. That and the 30th Anniversary Luke Skywalker figure that came with the moisture vaporator thingy. I think its a still decent New Hope Tatooine Luke Skywalker figure. I'm not obsessed with figures needing bunch of articulation. I just need a New Hope Tatooine Farm boy Luke figure for once. I already got like 3 Return of the Jedi Luke figures and 1 Bespin Luke and 1 Snowspeeder Luke figure that I bought just earlier this year back in the summertime

9. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    The Boba Fett #300 has to be my favorite figure...

10. CommanderXGhost

CommanderXGhost Jedi Youngling

Oct 19, 2012
    The Vintage Collection. :)
    That's where I finally found my near perfect Darth Maul Figure (The Phantom Menace)\
    And ARC Trooper Commander (ARC Trooper Captain Fordo from the original Starwars: Clone Wars micro-series, which originally ran on Cartoon Network from 2003 up until 2005. :)
    Also enjoy The Original Trilogy Collection, Revenge of the Sith, Legacy, 30th Anniversary Collection, and Saga Collection. :)

11. JediMasterKeno

JediMasterKeno Jedi Grand Master star 1

Apr 22, 2000
    Legacy Collection series was and still is great for those who want to get certain figures mostly of Attack of the Clones, Return of the Jedi and the last batch which was the Expanded stuff like Jacen and Jaina and the stuff to make the YH1 droids that Lando made.

I still love the Saga Collectin because of the Death Star Gunner and a few other figures.

Vintage Collection series is great since we get brand new stuff like Dak, 2 weequays, Kithaba, Wooof, Wedge, Dr Evazan, Phantom Menace Sidious and Revenge of the Sith Senate Duel Darth Sidious/Palpatine

12. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    30th Anniversary collection has to be my favorite. A lot of actually new characters coupled with cool redos of the main characters and the fantastic McQuarrie subline...

whostheBossk likes this.
  13. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    I never had more fun collecting a line at retail than I did w/the 2004 OTC collection. Sure there were a lot of repaints, but they were all very well done, and the new figures--like the Dagobah Luke with the interchangable arms and head--were fantastic. And that packaging!

14. Aaronaman

Aaronaman Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 12, 2013
    I have to go with the vintage line by a mile and really only buy new figures of them....I say that but will buy a special figure if I see one and as every figure collector knows there sue is ALOT of them haha

whostheBossk likes this.