main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA Favorite DVD??

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SoulKrusher, Mar 26, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoulKrusher

SoulKrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2000
    Well this would only really appeal to people that have a DVD of course.

My favortie would have to Gladiator!!

I did however buy the Toy Story Ultimate Toy Box yesterday and I must say, WOW! These DVD's are awesome. There 3, you get Toy Story, Toy Story 2 and a Supplemental feature. On this third disc you get the inside working of both films. If you are heavy into the making of these films then GET THIS NOW!! It explains a lot about the whole process they went through. Stinkly_Jawa you might want to take a look at this DVD, not that anyone else wouldn't of course.

Anyway, excellent DVDs!

2. Jedi_Nat

Jedi_Nat Jedi Master star 5

Nov 28, 2000
    Fave DVD... Hang on, what DVD? I don't own a DVD nor have I see a movie on DVD. So there, there's my fave DVD - the invisible one.

Sorry about my rudeness, but I'm very upset and angry. I have a few things to work out, so I'm taking a break from the net and other things. I don't know when I'll be back.

For now, ciao.

3. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I also like the Gladiator DVD but the first DVD to really impress me was The Matrix. It set a few trends as far as DVD feature sets, plus it is a great movie.

4. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
    Yeah The Matrix has that red pill feature in it. Your watching the movie and the pill appears, ~clik~ and you see behind the scenes then after its back to the movie. Nice feature!

5. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Well my favourite DVD is The Fugitive.

6. Grieyls

Grieyls Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 2, 2000
    Mines Dune, only just bought it recently and I have never seen that film so clearly before. And in Widescreen......aaaaarrrrggghhhh. I've waited so long for that.

7. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    I'm waiting for Snatch, I thought that was a great movie. I'm all for Toy Story and Gladiator and I just saw Muppets in Space and Pitch Black the other day.

8. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    I was never that rapt in Dune. I was one of the ones who was already a fan of the books before seeing the film and was really disappointed. I guess that's why I'm a little skeptical about the Lord of the Rings trilogy, though that seems promising so far. Apparently they're already working on material for the DVDs of those movies. Material that won't be in the cinema release. Something about part of the contract specifying a minimum of gore in the cinema release so they'll put the juicy fight scenes in later.

9. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    well.. i hate to sound like a broken record-ord-record... umm, but yeah.. gladiator... even cooler now with these new speakers.. (taa sk, they're beaut)..
    2nd fav, again.. hate to be repetative.. but the matrix.. and i have just listed all the dvd's I own..

10. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
    No worries StinkyJ. You gonna sell your other ones to your brother?

Ive increase my collection to 7 DVDs! I only get them if its a damngood movie, or it has special features on it about making films or visual effects.

I just saw Krull on DVD. I first saw it as a kid and now after watching it the acting was pretty funny :D it was good to see that in widescreen and 5.1 dolby, they remastered it for surround sound. :D Got to love those 80s haircuts with the tight black leather pants :D

11. Ghost-of-Spider

Ghost-of-Spider Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 30, 2000
    Can anyone recommend a great DVD(price not an option) I am a "Yamaha" freak my whole sound system is based on it.
    Biggest problem whatever unit I buy is-it has to be black in colour.

12. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Do you have a black PC like the ones Compaq & IBM make?

13. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
    The Creative Blaster PC is also black, so if it has to be black you should try them, or buy a cream one then paint black. :D

14. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    I've seen that done before. A guy I knew would spray paint his PCs all sorts of colours. They actually looked really good. At least that way you can have any PC you want. The brand name ones tend to be overpriced and inflexible as far as custom options.
    Anyway, I know what it's like going for the black look. When I DJ all of my gear's black. Black turntables, mixer etc. It looks so much cooler than the standard silver.

15. wedge3210

wedge3210 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 7, 1999
    I was pretty disappointed in Scarface which I got yesterday.

Good ones though are Gladiator, Fight Club and Lawrence of Arabia. They're my favourites at the moment. Saving Private Ryan will be out April 20. I'm looking forward to that.

16. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Hmmm. That would be a good one. I'm hanging out for X-men. So far they've only released a very basic version for video libraries. It won't actually be on sale to the public for another fewmonths yet but I hear it will be worth the wait. I might get an ex-rental copy before then but the version they'll be releasing is meant to have lots of goodies on it.
    I guess there's a bit of nostalgia in it too. The very first Fanforce WA meet was going to see X-men at the cinema. Jedinat, Grizzly, Loadeddog, Princess_lego & I were all there.

17. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    FIGHT CLUB!!! awsome movie... great plot, i didnt guess the twist... thats next on my list of "dvd's to buy"

SK: yeah.. hes got em set up already..
    *cheers* 21 today... :)

18. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
    and a Happy Birthday to you!! Have a good one!! :D :) :D :)

19. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000

yeah.. before anyone says it... there is no try... ok.. i will then :D

20. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
    there is no try...ok

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.