main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG Favourite Star Wars Characters

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by JediJean, Apr 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Hi guyz,

Who are your favourite Star Wars characters, and why do you like them?

I love Yoda, C-3PO, Han Solo, and Padme.

Yoda
    Well, he's da man! :)
    He spouts words of wisdom, he has amazing lightsaber fighting skills, and the Force is strong with him, plus he has a good sense of humour... remember our first encounter with him in ESB?? Well, chronologically speaking in real world time anyways...!! :p

C-3PO
    He's a sweet droid... a little kiasu and kiasi, but other than that, he's very caring for a droid (if there's even such a thing). Threepio worries about every little thing, he just wants to lead a quiet peaceful life, but somehow he's thrown into the whole Star Wars saga thingy, and I guess he's just doing his best to cope with all the excitement, hoping it doesn't tear him apart or fry his circuits too much... hey, wait-a-minute, all that has already happened to him!! :D

Han Solo
    He's funny, and I love his cowboy way of doing things... erm, it's kinda hard to explain everything about Han, if you ask me... but I can see why Leia could fall for a guy like him [face_love] ... actually, he reminds me of most guys I know... has a pretty bad case of "foot-in-the-mouth" disease [face_laugh] ... but he's adorable nonetheless :p

Padme
    I have to like her, 'cos I AM her!! LOL! :p
    Nah, just kidding... she's a pretty amazing woman, considering everything we know she has to go through. She's gentle, elegant, bright (although that could be debatable, since she DID fall for a guy like Anakin), strong, confident, and diplomatic... I guess all this comes in handy when you choose to go with someone like Anakin. Hey, don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Anakin, but I do feel sorry for Padme to have to go through so much pain and suffering on account of him... but hey, the path of love never did run smooth [face_plain]

2. martianlightsaber

martianlightsaber Jedi Youngling

Nov 24, 2004
    Han Solo and R2-D2!!

Han - is totally in-your-face, incredibly funny, yet with a knack for getting into and out of trouble.

R2-D2 - I don't know I just found him so adorable from the off! Little walking trashcan thing full of ingenuity, you just gotta love him!

Yoda comes in a close second though, I've always loved his grammar and the fighting scene in AoTC was AWESOME.

3. aanakin

aanakin Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2004
    well my favourite characters are:

Luke Skywalker:
    I like him cause he is a winey, cute Tatooine farm-boy which turned out to be a serious Jedi Master. He is very obedient to his sister and helped the rebellion in so many ways. And i admire him for his great work in setting up the jedi acadamy and recruiting students like Tahiri,Tenal ka and of couse the solo kids...(got alot of spelling errors)
    C-3P0:
    He is the most practical of all the characters in the PT and OT...he has a sense of "humor" behind the golden metal...and is a friend of R2D2, the lovable glob of greese,in Threepio's point of view...
    Obi-wan Kenobi:
    He is the most obedent jedi ever! he always follow the rules and the jedi code...but i don't like the idea of making him older by putting more hair on his face!(PT)
    Anakin Skwalker/solo:
    He's me....definately not, but we both share the same chracteristics sometimes.Yes, he is strong but Padme can't blame everything on Anakin...poor ani!(hehehe)
    i like ani solo too! cause he is also strong in the ways of the force and likes tahiri...but he died!!!*boo hoo*sniff*sniff*....

4. xeno_kenobi

xeno_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2002
    Obi-Wan Kenobi - He's the coolest Jedi ever. Held in the highest regard on the council, just as high as the Great Yoda. I admire him for many reasons. He is a Jedi that follows the order closely. He has a cool outfit, and undoubtedly the Coolest Lightsaber design in any movie you think of.

Yoda - I like Yoda because he is the greatest Jedi ever. He lived greatly, helping those in need, and kept his modesty even after he had became the leader of the Jedi High Council.

Luke Skywalker - A poor little kid who wanted to become great like his father. Sad things might have happened to his only kin on Tatooine, but the bad things have ended and great things came, Luke soon became the top pilot of the Rebellion and became one of the Greatest Jedi that ever lived in history.

That's it for me, it's in numbered order.

5. JediDarT

JediDarT Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2002
    hm for me, it's gotta be the more obscure characters

Wedge Antillies, for sure. i mean you fly through a Death Star twice and live. it's gotta be something!!

Kit Fisto. who doesn't love a grinning jedi!!

Luminara Undulli and Bariss Offee. real cool master/apprentice

Aayla Secura. hottest twi'lek around!

prolly have more, but these are just off the top of my head

6. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    Gee, this is hard. I love ALL of them.

Padme- Pretty...pretty...not so tall...and did i mention pretty? haha, jk. She's incredibly smart,being a queen at the age of 14 and all. Witty, lovely hair and the best of all, she FIGHTS!

Anakin- someone we can all relate to. Given responsibilty and forced to make sacrifices to fulfill ur dreams. strong yet human, a boy growing up and entering youth which equals to complications.

Luke- very similar to anakin, boy growing up. forced into maturity by the civil war. Faced with the sad fact that vader's his dad. Damn, i wud have died!(of extreme awe of course)

Han Solo- frank, scoundrel, nice guy.

Sorry, but the list goes on........

7. wmgan

wmgan Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2004
    Vader...because he just looks too cool!

Padme, because of her intelligence, savviness and diplomaticity (if such a word exists). She may be a former queen and senator, but she's good in a fight. Of course, her extremely good looks don't hurt either...

Han and See-Threepio, because they get all the best lines in the movies!

8. Fingolfin_Noldor

Fingolfin_Noldor Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2004
    Hmm...

Luke Skywalker - The hero who endeavours to destroy the Empire, also preserve the Galaxy from the Yuuzhan Vong invasion. Man of principles. Unwilling to use Alpha Red since it stands against the Jedi's reverence for all life.

Admiral Ackbar - The brilliant Admiral who led the Rebel armada.

Emperor Palpatine - For concocting the most devious plan known. His extreme cruelty.

R2D2 and C3PO - Star Wars would never be the same without Galaxy's favourite duo.

9. triplesaber

triplesaber Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2005
    gotta be Darth Vader, the most iconic villain in the galaxy. Tall, dark, mysterious. I remember i had a Darth Vader T-shirt n some orginall Vader stickers back in the 80s. I wanted to be Vader so much tht one day, during a 'lightsaber' duel with my friend, i actually hit him hard on his face n he fell n cried, n i got locked inside my room for a day..back in 1983/4..
    Im planning to be Darth Vader at the opening show on 19th May, but the problem is Im a little short, so its more like, Darth Midget..heh.

Other fave characters:
    Han Solo-coz hes like a cowboy, an outlaw person, he rocks.
    Obi-Wan - the accent, the swordplay, the ghost..

Id really love to see Mara Jade skywalker.

10. padawan_princess

padawan_princess Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2005
    Yup...the list does go on and on...
    My favourite major characters are Princess Leia and Obi-Wan Kenobi. Princess Leia coz she everything I've ever wanted to be: Senator, Political spy, freedom fighter, Rebel leader, Jedi, plus she gets the best smuggler in the galaxy as her husband...not to mention her great bagel/bun hairdo in ANH! She's a fantastic leader, despite her small frame, always taking carge and control...Girl Power!

Obi-Wan Kenobi...hmm...I can explain why I find his character so darn attractive! Maybe I find my own personality a bit like his- always following the RULES and ORDERS and not doing reckless stuff like podracing. He also has this almost-sarcastic sense of humour,"Why do I sense we've picked up another pathetic lifeform" --oh yeah...go Obi-Wan! And who could forget his famous "bad feelings about this"?

Other favourite minor characters include: TK-421, Siri Tachi, Barriss Offee, Shmi Skywalker, Sabe, Jacen, Jaina and Anakin Solo...I think I need more space

11. Jedi_Healer

Jedi_Healer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2005
    Favourite Character...hmm that would be Barriss Offee. Not a very popular character I'm afraid, and you have to read the books to know who she is, but still my fav nonetheless. Why.. well she's a great healer, a cool Jedi etc...

Her Master, Luminara Unduli, would be my second favourite character, then followed by people like Obi-Wan, Mace, Yoda, and parctically every Jedi there is. Oh and droidswise, somehow I prefer I-5 to 3PO. R2's cool too. I like Padmé, but I really don't think she should have married Anakin. REALLY really disapprove.

But oh well, that's just me.. *g*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.