main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Everett, WA Feb 10th 2008 Meeting Minutes

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Cliodna_ben_Lhee, Feb 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    Very productive meeting today
    In attendance were Cate, Amy, Marlow, Lenny and Mary.

We decided at the meeting today that we want to change our group name to reflect the fact that we represent more than just the City of Everett.
    Our new group name is:

Cascadia Outpost
    Representing Sno-King County instead of just Everett.
    And we also decided that Cate (me) will be temporary CR. We will hold an election for a new CR in 6 to 8 months. We also decided to make CR a rotating position. (Length of term to be decided at the same time as the election, I believe).
    I was tasked with requesting these changes from our RSA. I will also be making the necessary changes to our yahoo group as well as our group website; these may take a week or more to get done.

We are also going to create flyers with a new logo, the Cascade Mountains behind a set of Jawas with the words Join Us.

Our next meeting will be on Sunday, March 9th and will be a costuming workshop open to anyone who needs help or inspiration finishing costumes before Norwescon (or even if you are not going to Norwescon).
    This meeting will be held earlier and be an all day workshop from 10 am to whenever we want to wrap it up.
    I didn?t bring this up at todays meeting, but it would be a good idea if we held a short regular meeting bussineess session and anyone who doesn?t want to do the workshop but wants to come for regular businees should join us. We can order a couple of pizzas and break for lunch as well as group business. Should we make that about 1pm?
    The meeting will be held at Cate?s place, please PM me for address and directions.
    We will have at least 3 sewing machines and 2 work tables; there will be some other tools for other kinds of costume assembly besides sewn ones.

2. AmmersVI

AmmersVI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2005
    costuming day is almost around the corner! I'm excited! I found some silver vinyl type material. And though it is almost more pewter... it might just be the thing to repair my poor ceremonial Leia belt! So I am looking forward to costuming day! :)

3. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    I am excited tooo!!!! But I haven't cut out the pattern for the new costume I want to make yet, I will before next sunday the 9th though. I have been waiting since I keep dropping weight. (I have even lost some since our last meeting!)
    And I haven't taken the measurements of that dress form at it's smallest setting yet, but I think it will work for you Amy. but I will measure it this week and post here

4. AmmersVI

Jun 25, 2005
    Got lots done! Looking forward to finishing up what I have left on it this week! Thanks for having the costuming day, it was a great help! :)
    Looking forward to Norwescon!

5. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003

That was a lot of fun! I haven't gotten back to my own costume yet. Darn me and this busy life I lead. I love your costume Amy, I can't wait to see you in it at Norwescon! The pink wig for my costume came in the mail yesterday. (ordered it from display and costume) I hope I finish mine because if I do I am gonna look so Hawt! (LOL)

6. AmmersVI

Jun 25, 2005
    That's a fun costume you've got going there! Pink wig and all!
    And, Marlow's is off to a great start too!
    It's gonna be fun! I finally finished sewing in all the boning tonight. I pinned it to the outter dress and found that it's not lining up quite right... Figures! But I'll see what I can do. I've got a bit of a ways to go yet but with any luck I should be done by next week! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.