main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi / Light Side Female jedi costumes

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by DaleSabers, Mar 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaleSabers

DaleSabers Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Hey guys I'm trying to help a friend of mine look for some interesting designs for her jedi costume. I found this one site with images similar to the concnept art that was used for JA but lost it. So if anyone has any images of female jedi apparel and posts it up it'll be greatly appreciated.

2. princessleia911

princessleia911 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2005
    I have a Jedi costume, it is a custom costume. My Jedi character's name is Adre Narsiri and she is a Jedi Healer and Knight. Here are some pics:

[image=http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l107/princessleia911/Jedi%20pics/IMG_0348.jpg]

[image=http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l107/princessleia911/Jedi%20pics/IMG_0352.jpg]

[image=http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l107/princessleia911/Jedi%20pics/IMG_0356.jpg]

I also designed my Padawan's costume, which is made of a more close-fitting outer tunic, leather tabbards similar to mine and gaucho pants. I need to find the concept art for that. I will post it when I do.

3. LAN-ED-TUL

LAN-ED-TUL Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2005
    im helping my wife put together a new jedi costume, myself.

i am having the entire uppers made by a seamstress. and the pants we will get ourselves, i bought her boots for her, and im scratch building her new jedi belt to go with it.

i already got a mace windu force FX saber and converted it myself to a luxeon fuly duelable saber. she wanted the hilt style, but a royal blue blade color, so i installed a royal blue 3 watt lux led.

soon as we get the entire thing all done, i will shoot some pics and postem here.

4. Jedi_Kai

Jedi_Kai Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    I've just added a long, full skirt to the standard Jedi Tunics and tabbards (similar to Jocasta Nu but without the patterns on the tabbards).

5. han_solo2510

han_solo2510 Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2007
    what era is that from

6. princessleia911

May 25, 2005
    It is Old Republic or PT. I followed the Rebel Legion standards for a formal Jedi costume of the PT era.

7. han_solo2510

han_solo2510 Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2007
    pretty sweet costume

8. Amanita

Amanita Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2003
    Indeed, I like:)
    When I made mine, I used a style similar to the robes worn by Eeth Koth, Agen Kolar, or Sasee tin, but with a skirt undernearth to add a feminine look.
    I also made my upper tunic sleeveless, and standard length, so the longer under tunic really showed.

9. Miba

Miba Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2004
    My Jedi costume is the same as a regular Jedi costume, only since my shoulders are smaller than a guy's shoulders I left the shoulder parts off, so all I have is an undertunic and an overtunic, and the sash and belt.

10. DaleSabers

DaleSabers Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Thanks for the info and I'll pass it along to her. For the costumes we're trying to go for an ancient republic era (the era of Nomi Sunrider & Exar kun).

My friend wants to do something similar to Nomi but with alterations as well. She just wants to do it in a different colour and have it basically fitting to her persona. She basically has the attitude as Jaina and Mara.

Now my costume is based off of Zayne Carrick but with some alterations around the shoulder parts. I'm currently getting photos taken with me in them so that I can use them to complete my registration with the Rebel Legion.

11. Amanita

May 12, 2003
    Hansolo, what is that piece of fabric that's hanging down over your skirt? Is it the upper part of of the garment worn folded down, or is it a seperate piece of fabric? I love the look.

12. princessleia911

May 25, 2005
    Did you mean me? Those are my tabbards. They attach at the shoulder, follow my shoulder blade in the back and then attach together in the front around my waist and then, hang down from there and they are a separate piece of fabric. And that is actually pants, not a skirt. They are very full, like a skirt but pants for more practical(How COULD a Jedi wear a skirt and fight, or take care of the sick, I don't wear a skirt as RN anymore?)reasons. They are like hakama pants but with topstitched pleats(so I don't have to kill myself with an iron). The entire costume is made of silk noil or raw silk.

13. Amanita

May 12, 2003
    Nice, so the tabards are similar to regular ones, just worn differently?
    And great idea with the "hakama", very well done!
    I wear a skirt under my robes- it's just a loose fitting ankle length gypsy skirt, nothing special. It's full enough that I can fight in it with no problems, and I don't trip over it. I just have to remember to lift it up a bit when going up stairs.

14. princessleia911

May 25, 2005
    The tabbards are similar to regular ones but the shape is a little different. They are kind of shaped like the wings on the Leia Ceremonial Dress. And thanks for the compliments. I would love to see pics of your costume.

15. Amanita

May 12, 2003
    I'm not sure what the wings on that gown look like, not bein terribly familiar with that costume.
    Here's a couple of pics of mine, with and without Zabrek makeup.

http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/5269/dscf0817su1.jpg

http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/9946/dscf06679lq.jpg

16. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I'm currently planning a Sarissa Jeng style set of Jedi Robes. Removes those pesky tabbards that get in the way.

A VERY bad quality photo

It's a Ki-Adi Mundi style outfit with an over-vest/shirt combo, like this: Photo!

The vest has a hood on the back, and is worn over the over tunic. The obi is the same color as the vest. Ki-Adi has a high color, but I probably won't use that.

So that's an option if you hate tabbards. :p

17. Amanita

May 12, 2003
    Nice! Something that might look cool with that instead of normal tabards might be to do what one lady here did- she had the two dangling pieces that hung down from her waist, but left off the over-the-shoulder part of the tabards. An arrangement like that might look really cool hanging out from under that outer sleeveless tunic.
    I've also seen at least one guy who did that, and had a single apron instead of the two tabard ends.

18. princessleia911

May 25, 2005
    I posted some new pics and you can see my tabbards in the last pic on the main page.

19. Amanita

May 12, 2003
    I couldn't find your pictures- I checked the website in your sig.
    Forgive me if this sounds dumb, but where can I find the new pics?

20. Master_Kiona

Master_Kiona Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 20, 2002
    I made an Old Republic Jedi for Dragon Con last year... She was all about being girly. It was part of her cover... ~grin~ Sneaky little Sith girl. The obi is a corset, but it was still very comfortable to wear. [face_batting] I used very soft fabrics and spent a lot of time tweaking things to fit/hang in a flattering girly silhouette without deviating too far from the "normal" Jedi silhouette. Still not happy with the over tunic, but that will change eventually. From what I've seen, when making a lady?s tunic it works very well to have a waist seam so you can have a slightly more fitted upper tunic and a nice flowy skirt (to float over those silly things called hips...) without being too obvious about it. I also found that tabards seem to look much better if they?re crossed in front. Anyways! Pictures.

http://portfoliodekira.tripod.com/id5.html

21. princessleia911

May 25, 2005
    Here is the pic I was talking about. [image=http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l107/princessleia911/Jedi%20pics/IMG_0356.jpg]

22. Maulested

Maulested Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 10, 2005
    i really like the outfit that the female extra is wearing in this pic from potc 3-

http://johnny-depp.org/moviepics/potc3_shooting/atworldsend_shooting022.jpg

i bought myself some really nice burgundy wool with dark green rayon to make pants and i even bought suede tan boots... but there's just something dark inside me that keeps me from making that costume....

23. Amanita

May 12, 2003
    Love those outfits- That female one reminds me of a belly dancer, kinda.
    And thanks for the tabard pic, very nice:)

24. RedHanded_Jill

RedHanded_Jill Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    the first one i made was nomi. green top with gauntlets sewn on and the markings i painted on. its the outfit from the comic. i made a current outer robe though. not the cape thing that is kotor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.