main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Female SW collectors

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Thena, Nov 16, 2003.

1. DarthShona

DarthShona Jedi Master star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    (I forgot to put this on my last post)

I should say to him the next time we play and he brings up me losing, "If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine!" ;)

2. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Good one! It's always fun to throw in a SW quote to people who don't get it. They think you're either weird or clever. It's also fun to throw one to someone who doesn't get it, but have someone who does standing right there, good private laugh.

3. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    Funny thing is, he knows who said that!! [face_laugh]

4. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    Just wanted to up this thread.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! :D

5. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Happy V-day! Anyone get any good toys for it? I got the little green guy that plays in Jabba's Palace. His name escapes me at the moment.

6. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    No new toys for me. :(

7. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    No new SW stuff this year, but better yet, I just got a new car! :D :cool:

8. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I'd rather have toys than the car. I had to get a new car last September, now I'm bummed cause all my money goes there rather than towards my obsessions.

9. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Was just passin' through the Collecting Forum, saw this thread, sorry I missed it earlier!

I'm a female SW collector also. I collect anything Amidala, and then branch out from there. If it's got her image on it, I probably have it. My latest acquisition is the Padme Attakus statue. Just got that in on Tuesday.

My female SW friends are collectors also. I'm in the L.A. Fan Force group, and we always have a lot to talk about!

10. emilsson

emilsson Force Ghost star 6

Oct 5, 1998
    I'm another female SW collector. Mostly I focus on SW Lego, especially the star fighters. I do have some vintage stuff as well.

11. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I don't count myself as a collector, but I love keeping up with the toys. My favourites are the 12" dolls, I think that has to do with the fact that I loved Barbie when I was younger and I love costumes, and it's wonderful to have dolls in "real" clothes. I've recently decided to try getting the Queen Amidala collection from TPM, they were never sold here so at the time I never even realised that they existed. At the moment Black travel gown Amidala(Sabé) and Red Senate gown Amidala are up on my shelf, with Han between them.

When it comes to regular figures I buy the costumes that I like, and I've also gotten some figures as gifts. I like the lego too, and hopefully I will be able to get the major characters in lego some day. Since I'm no real collector I rarely choose to spend my money on toys, I prefer spending them on fabric for costumes instead. ;)

12. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Woohoo!!! A Collectors group for girls only! :D

I'm an oldie fan and remember my first SW toys being 2 3-packs of mail-in figures from Sears Vader w/ 2 stormtroopers, Luke, Leia, and Ben (I think.) I come from a family of packrats so I kept things like the card backs that all of my figures came on (which came in handy whenever I needed to cut out the little Kenner logos for getting freebie figures in the mail.)

I actually loved both Barbie and SW- still do. Whenever I go into a toystore or Target I usually wander down both aisles. Last year Mattel made a Princess of Japan Barbie who had pure white skin- if she'd been cheaper I thought she would've been fabulous to redo as Amidala. I love the outfits on Hasbro's Amidala dolls - but I think the dolls themselves are ugly.

I had (ok still have) the 3 main goodguys 12" vintage figures as a kid, Luke, Leia, and Han and think that they're still the best looking headmolds of the actors. I just can't dig on the new figures. Although I do love the new Lando (blue outfit- and later versions of Leia are good.)

I have picked up tons of the older 12" figures when I used to do dollshows to sell Barbies about 10 years ago. Lots of the poor Leia's had hairplugs missing from them so I got them cheap - so I take them and reroot them into Endor Leias. One day I'll get around to making clothes for her. But here's a couple photos to show what the redone girl looks like wearing her Mom's clothes:

[image=http://smicketysmom.bravepages.com/Feb%2004%20Reroots/Leia.JPG]

[image=http://smicketysmom.bravepages.com/Feb%2004%20Reroots/Leia3.JPG]

Currently my entire collection is in my attic. My main prize is my lifesized Illusive Concepts Yoda (OT version) I call him my Buddah :D When my collection was assembled and displayed my family called it my shrine. Guess that's why I call George, God Lucas - entering the theater is like giving money into the offering bowl.

I have no idea what all I own. I forced myself to stop collecting once the prequels came out. Now I just hunt for TPM stuff either at garage sales, thrift shops or in the clearance aisles. I am trying to pick up Anakin and Padme stuff though. The thrill of the hunt is always the best :D

13. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Wow PLJ, that's some impressive work there!

14. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Jedi_Dajuan

Thank you! I don't understand why Hasbro hasn't done an Endor or Bespin gown Leia - probably because they're confused over how to do female dolls.

Does anyone else in here do any customizing, either of making clothes for the dolls or the dolls themselves? ?[face_plain]

15. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I have one in the plans. I want to do Clone Wars cartoon Padme. I have the Bratz doll and everything, but no time. Working on too many things at once. I tend to stick to costuming over customizing.

Though there is a lady on EBay who does a lot of custom Star Wars dolls whose work is just incredible. Her stuff goes for a couple hundred every time. Even has E3 dolls on there as well.

16. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    That's really cool PadmeLeiaJaina! I had all those dolls too (actually I still have them somewhere just have to find them).

Jedi Dajuan, have you seen the pictures from Toy Fair of the Clone Wars maquettes? They have a Padme that's coming out. I got to see them in person, they're really cool!

17. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    No, do you have a link? I know that is something I will definately pick up. I love all girl Star Wars figures.

18. Meriwyn

Mar 22, 2002
    Head on over to Rebelscum to their Toy Fair coverage. They seem to have the best pics :)

Toy Fair 2004

19. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    That snowbunny Padme is really funny. Somehow I have a hard time associating a cartoon w/ Padme though [face_plain]

I think I've seen that lady on ebay- I think she did an Ep 3 Queen doll that was just amazing.

My biggest regret was not having the money to afford the 15" Padme trousseau created by Robert Tonner exclusively for FAO Schwartz back when TPM came out. The costumes were drop dead gorgeous and the doll was a wonderful likeness of NP. They were very limited in number and very expensive.

Now they're impossible to find/ touch :(

20. Meriwyn

Mar 22, 2002
    Yeah, the Winter Barbie Padme is a little too much for me...LOL. The Obi-Wan in Clone armor is wicked cool though :) As is Yoda.

21. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    PadmeLeiaJaina sez:
    My biggest regret was not having the money to afford the 15" Padme trousseau created by Robert Tonner exclusively for FAO Schwartz back when TPM came out. The costumes were drop dead gorgeous and the doll was a wonderful likeness of NP. They were very limited in number and very expensive.

I have one of these. I wouldn't be a true Padme/Amidala collector without it! LOL It is lovely.

22. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    (Makes major jealous face)

23. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Adding my mad face to PJL's. I have never even heard of that! Now I have to locate one and get it. EBay here I come!

24. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I don't even think I still have the FAO catalog that they were shown in :(

If I remember correctly they were like $1500 brand new :eek: Maybe a thousand...I could be inflating the number over time to justify why I didn't scrimp, save, whine to buy her ;)

25. Meriwyn

Mar 22, 2002
    I remember that doll. It was gorgeous. If I remember correctly she's in the white feathery dress from the parade at the end of TPM.