main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Female SW collectors

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Thena, Nov 16, 2003.

1. Emperor Von Schweetz

Emperor Von Schweetz Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 12, 2012
    Female Star Wars collector, here!
    I only got into Star Wars this year, so I don't have that much stuff yet. I'm hoping to get more stuff for Christmas so I can add to my small collection. All the same, I love my Emperor Stitch, and Darth Vader toys. :)

[​IMG]

TrakNar likes this.
  2. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Hee hee - he's cute! Welcome to collecting! :)

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I've seen that Vader plush in the local toy store.

Welcome!

4. Emperor Von Schweetz

Nov 12, 2012
    Thank-you!

I got him at Walmart.

5. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Emperor Stitch looks so huggable. Does he get a lot of hugs?

6. Emperor Von Schweetz

Nov 12, 2012
    He does! He gets lots of hugs and kisses, and has Vader and me for his ohana.

Mayla likes this.
  7. Mayla

Mayla Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2012
    Ahaha, my mom bought me Dark Horse's Boba Fett omnibus as an early Christmas gift. :D
    I suspect the 9-hour plane trip back home, once Thanksgiving week is over, will be a lot less boring...

8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    That's a good omnibus, especially if you haven't read the comics already. The Yavin Vassilika one is one of my favorite stories. (Not too crazy about the art but I loved the story.)

TrakNar likes this.
  9. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    It's indeed a great story. My copy of the TPB is falling apart, so I've been considering buying the Omnibus so that I would have a spare copy.

10. Mayla

Mayla Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2012
    Nope, the only Dark Horse comics I've read yet are the four Open Seasons issues and the Grievous graphic novel. So whatever's in the omnibus is new to me. Looks like it'll be a good read. :)

11. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    If you're a Fett fan it's a great read!

12. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    If you're a bounty hunter fan, it's a great read. Hell, Yavin Vassilika is simply a great read.

13. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    I just gave in to my basest desires and bought the Sideshow 1/6th scale Gree. *sigh*
    I seriously thought about going for Ganch instead, but as a redhead, Gree is the perfect addition to my Sideshow Rex and Cody. The biggest drawback is that we'll have to live on breadcrumbs and water for a while ...

14. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Hello all!

I haven't been a part of the collecting community for many years. I used to be one of those people who picked up every action figure I could get my hands on, but that has since waned. Most of my collection is now in plastic tubs and I can't really remember the last time I even bought a figure (with the exception of anything Han Solo ;) ). I thought my collecting days were done. Well, I was wrong.

I got the collecting bug once more and this time, it's not for action figures, but rather, autographs. I'm not sure if we have any other autograph collectors on here, but it would be cool to be able to talk to others about it and maybe share some tips and other advice (I'm still a newbie at this! :p ). My collection is still fairly small, but here are the signatures I have so far: Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford, Billy Dee Williams, Peter Mayhew (x2), David Prowse and Ray Park.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  15. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Wow you've got Harrison's that cool! I have a pretty extensive sci-fi stars autograph collection that's really started thanks to so many stars coming to my local con and not charging tons for signatures.

For Star Wars I have Peter Mayhew x3, Daniel Logan, Jeremy Bullock x3, Billy Dee Williams x4-5, and Kenny Baker & Nalini Krishan. I have Ray Park and Warwick Davis - but they signed non-SW stuff.

I had David Prowse but lost it.

March if all goes well I'll be adding Carrie Fisher to my list at Emerald City Con (and get Ray Park to sign a Maul piece for me) and Sam Witwer will be at my local Phoenix Comic Con - I've got an awesome Maul photo for him to sign.

16. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    That's awesome! And I'm glad to see I'm not the only one! It seems as if you have quite a collection yourself!

The Ford was one thing I thought I would never have, but never say never!

I saw you started another thread for autograph hunters, so I'll refrain from posting images here and I'll do so in the new thread. I just need some time to scan everything in and organize. Expect a post sometime later! ;)

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  17. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I want to get into autograph collecting, but some of the people I want to get autographs from haven't made the trip across the pond (Catherine Munro, I am looking at you) to somewhere that would be financially feasible to get to.

18. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    The new Tomb Raider game came out recently and the best edition came with the Lara Croft Play Arts Kai action figure. It's really neat and a great addition to my collection.

I'm looking to get the new Baird figure from Gears of War: Judgement at some point but I don't know where's best to get it from.

19. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I'm resurrecting this thread from the dead.

So this past week something interesting was announced, Disney has given over their $500 million dollar Princess toy line from Mattel to Hasbro. (I also have to add - poor Mattel - they really are going to be floundering after losing this, they're going to have to work really hard to come up w/ something to replace this.) I've sold Disney Princess dolls for years on the secondary market and I have to say that the Hasbro dolls are CUTE! This was a major shock to me when I read it because Hasbro certainly has never been known for doing much for girls other than the occasional baby doll, etc.

This is giving me hope, if their Princess dolls have nice bodies and are good quality, we could be seeing a new Star Wars girls line of dolls coming. The D23 Leia doll was a massive hit, but oh so limited at only 450 dolls. People are screaming for more. Disney has gotten so much crap ever since they took over Star Wars for not having Leia (and now Rey) dolls for girls, that I can see them working on cranking out a new line.

I might have to pick up a new Princess to check her out once they start hitting the stores. This has gotten me very excited.

The only con that I can readily see is that the Hasbro heads are enormous on the dolls. Hopefully they can figure out how to shrink them if they do create a Star Wars line.

20. jediknightleia

jediknightleia Jedi Grand Master star 2

Aug 28, 2002
    Hello! Another collector here, for episode 7 I've bought the elite series from Disney. I would love to buy a General Leia figure. I'll look into the Disney dolls, I've never seen them.

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  21. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    My fiancé isn't huge into collecting Star Wars stuff. She usually helps me with my collection. However, she's REALLY big on Phasma, and has been getting into Rey and Kylo. Those two may have increased her fandom. I bought her a few things already for her birthday in a couple weeks.

cathiecat and PadmeLeiaJaina like this.
  22. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    I can't wait to see what happens with the Hasbro 12" dolls what with them having taken over Mattel's Princess toy line. I have ALL the Padme', Amidala, and Leia 12" dolls from 1999, and the AOTC Arena Padme', and ROTS Barriss Offee and Shaak Ti as well

23. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I think if we really want it to happen, we need to get a giant social media campaign going that seems to actually get Hasbro's attention. The outcry that Rey wasn't in the Monopoly game was loud enough that they're launching a second wave of it w/ her in it.

Female characters are sorely under-represented in merchandising. Yes, over the almost 40 years there are a lot of Leia toys, but when you compare the Leias to Darth Vaders, or Yodas, or Luke Skywalkers that have been made in the same time span, her merchandise is FAR less. Hasbro actually did a great job of keeping at least some female characters in their 12" line. We finally got a 12" Hoth Leia because of them. Poor Padme completely got the shaft for merchandise.

Rey at least is getting lifted up because of the overall outcry from parents. We have a 20" Rey figure coming to go w/ the 20" Phasmas and other figures and Hasbro has a 12" version of their smaller figures coming. The problem is that there's no play quality in between merchandise you go from $10 for Hasbro's 12" figure to $225 for Hot Toys.

Yes, Hasbro has the Disney Princess line, the question is will that translate to them thinking of doing Star Wars dolls? I don't know. They probably don't understand the size of the demand that's out there.

24. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    I agree wholeheartedly. Definitely need more from our toy companies in the female area of Star Wars. my son just ordered Anakin's/Luke's lightsaber from Ultrasaber and he very kindly said when his sister gets her Rey costume ready for show she can use the lightsaber but it is still his. I love that now Anakin and Luke's lightsaber belongs to a girl.

25. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I know that's a nice twist for the mythos. It's also convenient because that is easy for girls to find an Anakin/Luke lightsaber to use for cos-play purposes.