main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FIC: Deaths Door (3rd in series. 2 prequels posted in this thread as well). <Slightly AU for JA>

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Angel5000, Aug 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angel5000

Angel5000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    Okay, for everyone who asked for another one of my stories: here it is!! I'm going to post my series (the A Bond of Friendship stories). The first three stories in my series will be posted here.

You'll have to forgive how boring the first wo stories are. They were the first two stories I ever wrote. The first one: A Bond of Friendship: is mainly for information about the second and thrid ones.

Stories to Be Posted in this thread:

A BOND OF FRIENDSHIP: Summary: This is the Prequel to A Temple Visit and Deaths Door. Bruck Chun decides to leave the Jedi Knights to become a healer and Reeft becomes a Padawan.

RETURN TO THE TEMPLE (previously A TEMPLE VISIT): Summary: Summary: Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon are called back to the Temple to receive a mysterious mission and Obi-Wan meets up with his old friends, as well as a few enemies.

DEATHS DOOR: Summary: A strange disease threatens to take fourteen-year-old Obi-Wan's life and Qui-Gon must make a decision that could take him away from his Padawan while the boy is laying on his death bed.

Post coming soon

2. Angel5000

Jun 6, 2001
    Okay, here's the first part of the first story. This is, as I mentioned, the first Fanfic I wrote. So please be kind enough to raed it, and post your ideas.

Thanks

A Bond of Friendship: (1)
    Author: Angel5000
    Author's Email: freckles5000@hotmail.com

Disclaimer: The characters in this story, except for Healer Bash?ta, who I made up myself, belong to George Lucas, not me. I am not making any money off these characters or this story and I do not mean to break any copyright rules by writing this. It is all in good fun and not meant to be harmful in any way.

Summary: This is the Prequel to A Temple Visit and Deaths Door. Bruck Chun decides to leave the Jedi Knights to become a healer and Reeft becomes a Padawan.

Authors Note: I am not following the JA series completely, although there are several characters and incidents that I am using from those books. Please do not be confused if information from those books differs from my stories! (By the way - Binn Ibes really is Reeft?s Master according to the JA books ? I didn?t make that up). If you are, in any way, confused or you have any questions or comments please email me or write a review and I will try to answer them for you. Thanks.

A Bond of Friendship Series:
    A Bond of Friendship
    A Bond of Friendship: Part 2: A Temple Visit
    A Bond of Friendship: Part 3: Deaths Door
    A Bond of Friendship: Part 4: Sad Days
    A Bond of Friendship: Part 5: A Birthday Forgotten
    A Bond of Friendship: Part 6: Everything Will Be Alright
    A Bond of Friendship: Part 7: A Fight For Life
    A Bond of Friendship: Part 8: A New Beginning
    A Bond of Friendship: Part 9: Silent Tears (working title) <story still under construction>
    More to come later on!!

// // personal thoughts

^ ^ telepathic thoughts

* * italicized words

Bruck Chun circled slowly. He reached out for the Force, he could feel it pulsing, and raging hot. It flowed through him easily. Using it he quickly located where his opponent was.

The young initiate could hear the crowd of temple students cheering and could feel the eyes of the Jedi Masters on him. Now that *Oafy*-Wan had left the temple to become a farmer he was the oldest one here. The Masters would try to convince the Jedi Master Tahl to take him as her apprentice. She had been coming to the temple every day for a week now, surveying the students and watching them. Obviously the great Jedi Knight was very interested in taking someone as her Padawan Learner and if he had anything to say about it, it was going to be him.

The Force told Bruck that his opponent had moved, he or she was being very cautious. He *had* to win this battle. It wasn't just a stupid temple exercise used to test him this was an important battle. It was the battle that would finally convince Master Tahl to take him as her Padawan Learner, if he won.

The opponent began to attack - slowly, cautiously, as if afraid to fight. Since both students were blindfolded the "enemy" was hesitating. Already impatient, the twelve-year-old student didn't wait any longer. He began to attack in a fury, slowly forcing his opponent into a corner. Bruck swung his lightsaber to make the final blow to the neck that would determine him the winner but was surprised when his lightsaber hit nothing but air.

Anger boiled up inside of him. He had become too overconfident and had lost the Force?s guidance, therefore allowing his opponent to escape! Quickly the boy turned, lightsaber ready to attack, to finish what he had begun but before he could completely turn around something burnt his neck. It was the lightsaber of the other student.

"Enough." Yoda called out. "Winner is Reeft."

Angrily Bruck ripped off his blindfold but did his best to mask his feelings. He turned and bowed to his opponent, Reeft, and then Yoda. As he walked from the room he could hear the cheers of the students as Reeft bowed to them and waved.

How could he let that happen? How could he, Bruck Chun, allow that stupi

3. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    It was actually pretty good :)

4. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!! :D

More! Please! C'mon Angel!

5. Padme_the_Angel

Padme_the_Angel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 18, 2001
    That was good!! Two words: Post More!!!!

6. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Jul 23, 2001
    Good so far, Angel! :D

Post more! Please????? :)

7. Red_Forever

Red_Forever Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2001
    ::Dives over form Holes In The Floor Of Heaven:: :) I'm here! Good start!

8. JediCandy

JediCandy Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2000
    I like it. More?

JediCandy

ps. I take it that, since Tahl is here already, Melida/Daan will not happen?

9. Angel5000

Jun 6, 2001
    Yay!! I got replies!! Yipppee!! LoL - sorry, I'm just so happy!!

next post will be soon... I promise.

Um... just a note: the 2nd and 3rd stories have more Obi and Qui in them. This one is mainly background info for the 3rd one (Deaths Door was written BEFORE A Bond of Friendship and Return To The Temple).

10. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    :)

Uppers!

I can wait Angel!! ;)

11. Angel5000

Jun 6, 2001
    JediCandy: You are correct: Melida/Daan did not happen. I started writing this series BEFORE I read JA5 and because I didn't want to redo all my stories after reading that book I just ignored that minor (okay so it's major) detail. :) Sorry about not mentioning that - usually my header has a note mentioning that fact.

Okay everyone: I Have good news and bad news. Which do you want first? The good? okay - I have another post for you!!!

The bad news is that I won't be able to post again until...Sunday night or Monday. I'll be out of town until Sun. night.

So I hope ya'll will live. :)

Here's the post:

Reeft entered the shower room. He was glad that he had won but he still worried about Master Tahl. //Would she accept me? Would she take me as her Padawan?// She had never had a Padawan before, always she had preferred to fight alone, so why was she here now? Reeft knew that even if she didn't take him he would still have many more chances to become a Padawan. After all, he had only just turned barely turned twelve. The cut off line for becoming an apprentice was thirteen. Bruck on the other hand, Bruck would have no more chances. The older boys birthday was in a week. He would probably be sent to be a farmer, just like Reeft?s friend Obi-Wan. It made the boy sad to think that Bruck's talents would be wasted in growing plants instead of helping save the galaxy, but then again he really wasn't Bruck's friend and didn?t stay sad for long.

After Reeft had changed into a fresh tunic he headed for his room. As he walked down the large corridor he took time to observe things he never had before. Today the stone walls of the Temple seemed warmer and friendlier than normal. As he got closer to the small room that was his, the young student stopped short at what he saw. There, standing outside the door of his room was Master Tahl. Hope surged through Reeft; perhaps she had decided to take him! Then the hope vanished, //what am I thinking?// He asked himself. //She probably just wants to congratulate me. After all, I still have a few more months left of training to complete. //

Reeft quickened his pace just slightly so as not to keep the elder Jedi waiting. Obviously whatever it was that she wanted to say was very important to her, otherwise she wouldn't have taken the time to find his quarters and then wait there for him.

"Ah, there you are Reeft, I wish to introduce you to someone." Tahl said in her usual quiet voice. Tahl stood with Master Binn Ibes at the door of Reeft's quarters. She had been here for a week, looking at the students studying to become Padawan's. Although she had never had a Padawan she came every year to look at them. Although she did want to eventually take a Padawan of her own she had also saw what choosing the wrong Padawan had done to her friend, Qui-Gon Jinn when he accepted Xanatos. Xanatos had betrayed Qui-Gon and betrayed the Jedi Order. She wouldn?t be as careless. The pain that she saw in Qui-Gon was not something she wanted to feel. Every day this week she had come, studying the children as though looking for something in them that only she could see. This year she had not only been looking for a Padawan for herself, she had been looking to see if any of them would be a good match for Binn.

Reeft noticed the other Jedi Knight standing beside her. "This is Master Binn Ibes." Tahl said, indicating the tall man at her left, "He watched you fight and he wishes to speak with you, I have been briefing him about the students at the temple and I wanted to introduce you first, but now, if you'll excuse me, I must go."

Reeft had barely time to bow before Tahl was gone, apparently she was anxious to get away. He had never seen Master Ibes before, although he had heard of him. Master Ibes had just recently become a Jedi Knight and was now at the Temple to take his first Padawan. If Temple rumors could be trusted than Master Ibes was strong with the force and an excellent Knight. Some students even dared to go

12. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    *has an impressed look on her face* I say ON WITH THE FIC!!! POST THE ENTIRE SERIES!!! :D

Angel, you KNOW I love this! :)

13. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Jul 23, 2001
    Comments: This is great!

Opinions: This is GREAT!

Problems: None!

Post again soon, Angel! :D

14. Angel5000

Jun 6, 2001
    Thanks guys, for your comments and FB. It's great!!

I'll post as soon as I can.

PS: Jedi Laura Kenobi: I LOVE your sig (the last line). You've watched Moulin Rouge I'm assuming?

15. Angel5000

Jun 6, 2001
    Hey all, sorry I haven't been posting... my computer died... but it's up now - and I'm GOING to post! Just to make it up to ya'll I'll give you two posts right in a row. :)

16. Angel5000

Jun 6, 2001
    Okay, here's a post. If anyone's still reading this than let me know and I"ll post the next part.

Bruck sat on his bed. The tears of defeat and feelings of sorrow were gone and replaced instead by pride. "I won't let them send me to be a farmer! I won't!" Even as the words were spoken Bruck knew that he had no say in what his destiny was. There wasn't anything he could do. Unless?yes! Yes, there was one thing left that he could try.

New hope rose in him. He could speak with Master Yoda, tell him that he needed a rematch, another fight. It could be with any student, he didn't care whom, just as long as he got the chance to prove that he could be a Padawan Learner. Bruck jumped up, there was no time to loose, and he had to go see Master Yoda right away.

"Another fight there will not be Bruck." Yoda said, compassion in his voice, "lost you did, understand this you must. Wait in your room for orders you will. Be long it will not."

"But Master Yoda, I don't want to be a farmer, I want to be a Jedi Knight!" Bruck said, trying to keep his emotions under control. He didn't want to become angry or upset, not here, not in front of Yoda.

Yoda looked at him curiously, "Out of pride your wish is, not out of commitment. Because of Obi-Wan do you want to become a Knight. Gloat you will if you succeed. Have this we cannot. Go now you will."

Bruck felt anger rising in him. He bowed and then left. It would be of no use to argue with the elder Jedi, he would only loose that as well.

Bruck stalked down the large corridor toward his small room in the wing that had the student?s rooms. //How could I have lost to that stupid kid Reeft? How could I? I'll never be a knight now! Never!// He thought to himself. He moved through the large temple with the feeling that the stone edifice had judged him unworthy.

As the young initiate sat in his room he began to think, to come up with a plan. He was pretty sure that the Masters would call him before the Jedi Counsel. After all, Yoda had seemed pretty sure that the real reason he didn't want to become a farmer was because of Obi-Wan and well, unfortunately, he was right. Bruck's pride had taken over. He began to plan what he would say to the Counsel to change their mind, but he knew that there wasn't much he could do.

17. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    *falls to her knees* Angel I am SO sorry! I let this fall down so far and it's such a GREAT piece of work! I LOVE it! :D

So, in the wise words of Christian from Moulin Rouge (thanks to Laura for this idea BTW ;) ):

Love lifts us UP where we belong! :)

Keep it up Angel! I LOVE this series. It rocks! :D :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.