main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    High school for me started with bands like Guns N' Roses and Red Hot Chili Peppers, then kind of shifted into the whole Seattle explosion thing with Nirvana, Soundgarden, Alice In Chains, and Pearl Jam.

BTW, I invite you all to add your iPod shuffled songs here. :cool:

rumblewagon and Seerow like this.
  2. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    Send me an iPod and I'll participate ...

EDIT
    Kurtis Blow. When I was young, rap meant Kurtis Blow. Darned dementia.

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    You must be about my brother's age (33). That's his list. I got into the Chili Peppers and Nirvana through him.

4. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    I'm actually 38. I was in high school from '88 to '92, and a lot of that shift I talked about occurred then. Rock music was great from the 60's all the way through the 90's, so it had a good run. Now the good stuff is a lot harder to find.

On an unrelated note: Cool Ranch Doritos rule.

5. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Cool Ranch, FTW. -fist bump-

And I love all those bands. I was clearly born 10 years to late.

eht13 likes this.
  6. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    eht13 Don't forget Candlebox. ;)

Sister came through surgery ok.... maybe now I can get a good night's sleep.

7. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I love Candlebox and the Nixons and Sponge.

Glad to hear your sister is out of surgery, your family is in my thoughts partner. Sleep well. I got this.

8. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I was in high school from 1985-89. The first Chili Peppers song I remember was from my junior year in college so 1991 or so.

"I don't ever want to feel the way I did that day
    Take me to the place I love, take me all the way..."

9. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Glad your sister's alright, SSS. [face_peace]

My music tastes are all over the place, and I had no idea what was good music when I was a kid. Now I love rock from the 60s and 70s (as well as most subsequent rock), punk from the 70s-90s, metal from the 80s-00s, and a little of everything else from every other time period.

eht13 likes this.
  10. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Yup, Under The Bridge. That was on Blood Sugar Sex Magik, which came out in '91 and was their "breakthrough" album. I got into them one album earlier than that with Mother's Milk. That album came out in '89, I think. There were of course many other bands I could have mentioned too, but Guns N' Roses was huge for years after Appetite For Destruction came out in '87. But the point about the Seattle explosion was the main thing I was getting at with the shift. Nirvana's Nevermind changed a lot of the music industry after it came out in '91. "Alternative" stopped really being alternative, and bands like the Chili Peppers also continued to flourish for the rest of that decade together with the Seattle bands and other bands that record labels hoped would be the next big thing.

11. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    That takes me back to the conversations in my parents' house in my brother's early high school years, so 1993-94 or so.

Dad: "What kind of music is that supposed to be?"
    Brother: "Alternative."
    Dad: "Alternative to what? Music?"

My Dad aged early. He didn't tolerate the 80s hair bands in my high school years either.

eht13 likes this.
  12. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Mine are all over the place too... love variety. For me it started when I discovered my parents' records as a kid... especially The Beatles, but also Cream, Jimi Hendrix, and The Rolling Stones. Then hearing lots of stuff on the radio. I remember the first two records I bought for myself, too, both in 1984 when I was ten: Van Halen's 1984 and Def Leppard's Pyromania.

13. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    [​IMG]

14. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    What does 'Cool Ranch' taste like if I may ask.

15. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Heaven, in a corn chip. :p I guess the Ranch refers to ranch dressing or dip. Not sure if you have ranch dressing down under, but it's a creamy, slightly tangy salad dressing and dip for chips.

AkashKedavra_93 and Seerow like this.
  16. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    It tastes like strong pepper corn ranch dressing with a hint of sour scream and onion on a crunchy corn chip. They do smell kinda nasty when you open the bag but Cool Ranch is addicting. It your really feeling adventurous try dipping them in balsamic vinigerette dressing. xD

17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    IMO all Doritos are nasty. [/food snob]

*ducks*

18. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    I prefer Sun Chips...

Darth Ibonek likes this.
  19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    LOL. I hate every other flavor...

20. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I like Kettle Chips. Those are the only chips I really like.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  21. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Don't worry, I hate those so much. And they stink too. Or is that tostitos? IDK they're all awful. Only good potato chips are lays, ruffles, Cape Cod chips, and pringles.

22. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I like Cape Cods and Lays Kettle chips. Lays regular chips not so much.

23. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Cape Cod chips sound fancy. Red Rock Deli are my favourite.

24. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Yo, I went to the Cape Cod potato chip factory when I was a kid and got to taste a bunch of varieties they had. It was awesome.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  25. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Sour Cream and Green Onion, Cracked pepper and sea salt, parmigian and garlic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.