main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    What?

It does not "break" the game. It is not a useless system. What the hell are you on?

Don't listen to this guy Coric.

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    LOL, all the Bible thumpers I went to high school with, have unfriended me by now. Probably because they know that if they start quoting Leviticus at me, I'll ask how their cotton-polyester blends are doing or if they've smited any neighbors for eating bacon.

A friend from college messaged me last night because apparently my bat**** crazy former roommate is griping on Facebook about the "unChristian attitude" of the Starbucks CEO who is supporting his gay employees and telling anyone who has a problem with that to take their business elsewhere. My response was "Guess who was planning to reboot her Starbucks card today anyway and now has new incentive?" :p

3. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Interesting, many at the church I used to attend support the movement. The ones who don't openly support it still welcome gays into the congregation.

I'm not particularly religious, so maybe I misinterpreted.. :p But it seems like many churches seem to have missed that whole " don't judge others" thing..

4. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    My entire family is religious other than myself and my brother. Most of them support the movement. It's the Old Testament literalists that make everyone else look bad.

07jonesj likes this.
  5. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    MP should be enjoyable for it's gameplay, not for some feeble attempt to improve the SP's chances. It's also incredibly easy to get the best endings with 50% galactic readiness (the lowest amount), so yes, it's completely useless.

As I said, the only thing this system can really do is actually lock content away from you.

6. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    You're not Unitarian, are you? That's one of the few religions I can get behind (lol) because they're tolerant of homosexuality.

There's a great image I see sometimes that has a picture of Jesus and some worshipers going:

Jesus- Ok, here's an idea. You love them, like I loved you. Make sure you take care of them and don't judge them.
    Worshiper- But what if they're gay or worship other gods?
    Jesus- Did I ****ing stutter?

Link here- http://images.sodahead.com/profiles/0/0/1/7/5/6/2/8/5/Did-Jesus-Stutter-72805555383.jpeg

7. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    No, the last church I want to was a nondenominational Christian church. It was more or less a Baptist church with the exception of being very tolerant. The congregation ranged from wealthy business people to drug addicts off the street. However of the churches I grew up in judged everyone, their own members included. As for my own beliefs? I'm not really sure. I don't think I could really be called a Christian, probably more like agnostic.

8. RG4

RG4 Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 16, 2013
    Here in Alabama it seems people fight over which type of church they go to, I personally don't go to church because I don't like it and I'm free to practice my religion any way I want. So anyway I've heard stories from friend that people fight over what church they go to, like say one goes to the Church of Christ and the other is Baptist then they're gonna arguing some goddamn way about it.

9. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I couldn't do this from my phone:

I haven't changed my profile picture to the red equals sign--yet--but I did post this to my page:

[​IMG]

10. RG4

RG4 Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 16, 2013
    What would Luke and Liea be?

11. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
  12. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Incest. ;)

13. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
  14. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    What's going on here?? We've got different family possibilities with Batman, a dog telling a joke that I don't understand at all and a women who looks like an older version Kiera Knightly... Lol.

07jonesj likes this.
  15. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Dude, that's Lena Headey.

[​IMG]

Yes, she looks very different when not in-role. :p

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  16. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    She and Keira Knightley certainly have very similar physiques. I liked Lena in Dredd. 'Course, I liked pretty much everything about Dredd. :p

17. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Well, it looks like Ahsoka narrowly edged out Rex 53% to 47% in the "This Is Madness" tourney. I figured it would be a tight battle.

And what's with the alliteration for the Darth Vader vs. Maul matchup? The "Kenobi Killer" against the "Jinn Jabber"? Okay...

18. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Man, its Carolina vs. Kansas all over again. ><;

This was one of my calls today...

This guy came onto the line and started the call with, "The recording asked me to press 1 for english and said something else in Spanish. I think it meant press 2 in Spanish but I don't understand any of that. Why does it ask that in Spanish instead of English? Does AT&T hire illegal immigrants or something? You sound American so surely you know your history that slave owners didn't teach their slaves English because they thought it would make them smart. That actually is racist that the robot asks that in Spanish."

19. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    The Ahsoka vs. Rex on the character tournament was close! Ahsoka won with 53%. IG-88 did pretty well with 16%, considering he was up against Palaptine.
    It was the hardest decision of the tournament for me so far with Han vs. Obi-Wan, but I eventually voted for Obi-Wan. I also voted for Maul, and I'm hoping he beats Vader, but I doubt he will.

Sgt Crowfield likes this.
  20. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    Then we voted the same :).

21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Tell him to call the AT&T help desk before beer-thirty next time.

Last day of work for me until April 8. Happy Thursday people.

22. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    People in your position should be trained in a sassy-comeback course. And you should all be given a desk copy of the Encyclopedia of Sassy Comebacks for (those other) Dummies.

23. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    And there went Rex's one and only shot at taking down Ahsoka. He'll never receive his Order 66 command.

24. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    Was he from South Carolina by chance? That sounds a lot like my neighbor's party guests. :p

25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I think I only voted one day in this; haven't been able to make myself care about it. I would have had a hard time with Han vs Obi-Wan too; from what you all have posted so far, it looks like nobody I would vote for, would win anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.