main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Forbidden Love" Trailer Discussion - Reactions

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by MasterYodaSkywalker, Nov 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THX_Princess

THX_Princess Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 26, 2001
    Ah yes, I see it now! :)

And the ocean looks fine to me. Way better than the effects on Harry Potter...That shot of Neville falling made me wince!

2. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    Those flying things over the stormy ocean are called Whatnots. George wanted them on Bespin but he couldn't animate them correctly. Lucas had to drop the concept. It's been 20 years but George finally got them in his movies. Hurray for him!

3. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Uh, I dunno about you ^, but I'm glad he got them in his movies- they look darn cool.

4. KaaShamau

KaaShamau Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 15, 2000
    The best part of this trailer, for me, is when Anakin seems to flip. Everything before that is worryingly mushy, but Anakin angry? Very cool.

Oh, and Jango looks cool too. :)

5. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Speaking of Jango, in the one shot of him at the end of FL, I love the sound that his jetpack makes, just like Boba's in ROTJ when he lands. :)

Oo, also, does anyone ELSE notice something VERY spookily familiar about Palpatine's chair? Man, spooky.

6. MountainMan

MountainMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 11, 2001
    It looks like Jango has the upper hand in most of the scenes. Considering how badly Boba gets whooped in ROTJ, I guess ol' Jango didn't do too good a job teaching his son.

And this does bring up an interesting paradox: Boba Fett was supposed to be a quick one-off character. He was supposed to be a despised bad guy who gets his comupance in the end, which is why Lucas made such a mockery of his death scene in ROTJ. However, fans simply LOVE Boba Fett for some strange reason, so Lucas is basically making a kick-ass version of Boba in the character of Jango Fett. Jango is going to have skillz just like fanboys always fantasized Boba having. So here we have this super-slick, open a can of whoop-ass on you character in the prequel trilogy and his son is a total putz in the last film. Very interesting indeed.

7. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    I agree, MM. I wish the confrontation between Luke and Fett had lasted longer in ROTJ. I've long felt that it would/will be seen as a quick glimpse into the past we hadn't seen yet.

8. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    This trailer was by far the best of the three. I really didn't know if GL could deal with a love aspect in his movies, but it defidentally appears that he has. While some of the lines sound a tad awkward, the scene of Anakin and Padme joking with each other in the grassy meadow in front of the waterfalls is amazing, and I'm not talking visuals. They both seem very natural during this scene, and it comes off as very convincing.

The other thing that I would like to mention. Who else really likes the sound of Slave I's lasers firing. They sound unique, yet vaguely familiar. It's such a cool sound!

:cool: Mace Windy,
    the storm after the calm!

9. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
    I think the waterfall scene is the most heartbreaking moment of the saga so far.

10. Darth-Mouth

Darth-Mouth Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 18, 1999
    Why is it heartbreaking?

To me, the only really interesting moment of that scene is the weird smile Padme gives Anakin when he's not looking after he says, "No I'd be much to scared to tease a Senator."

To me it was almost as if she was thinking, "What did he mean by that?" It'll be interesting to see the whole scene in context, so we can see what happens just after that.

11. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
    It's heartbreaking because it's obvious they're in love and you know what's going to happen in the end.

12. Darth-Mouth

Sep 18, 1999
    Oh i see....I guess you're right.

But the scene itself is cute....it's only when you consider the context of the tragedy that it becomes heartbreaking.

13. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
    Right, I agree. In itself, cute scene. In the big picture... just saddening to me. I smile every time I see it, but it's a bittersweet one.

14. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Yah, Padme's look at the end is cool.

15. Darth-Mouth

Sep 18, 1999
    For me, the love scenes in those trailers serve their purpose, because in virtually every one I want to see what the next line will be!!!

"Sorry M'lady".....what next?

"We would be living a lie. I couldn't do that, could you Anakin"....what next?

"Someday I'll be the most powerful Jedi ever."....what next!!???

Also, we might be wise to consider that not all of the dialogue we hear might line up with the scene we are watching. For example, when Obi-Wan and Anakin have the exchange:

"I've heard this lesson before."

"You haven't learned anything, Anakin!"

we are meant to think that they are talking about Padme. In actuality it looks like they're on the ground in Coruscant (outside the nightclub) and are likely discussing Anakin's recklessness with the power couplings and not his relationship to Padme.

16. THX_Princess

THX_Princess Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 26, 2001
    I love the Slave I's firing sound effects! :) The more I watch this trailer, the more I like it.

I can't really judge anything about the love story based on the trailer. I assume that the movie will have some of its own music (although the love theme is great) that will match up closer with the chemistry between Ani and Amidala. Little bits and pieces from different scenes combined with just one music piece is difficult to judge. Can't wait to see it all assembled into a complete story!

17. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
    Good points, DM. The "she's a politician and they are not to be trusted" line is a voiceover, so it could be that that line comes from a different part of the movie.

18. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    "I love the Slave I's firing sound effects!"

I know! I love how "Mystery" starts off: "It was just before dawn... They, came out of no where." BING BING BING BING BING! BLAM!

I love those sound effects! w00t!

19. KaaShamau

Aug 15, 2000
    I bet the 'she's a politician and they are not to be trusted' line is about Toonbuck Toora. It seems a bit two-faced to be about Padmé.

Why does she still need all those costumes? :p

20. Obi-Wan69

Obi-Wan69 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 1999
    Why on earth would that line be about Toonbuck Toora?

You're reaching.

21. Darth-Mouth

Sep 18, 1999
    I agree with what Obi-Wan69 said.

But I do consider it duplicitous of Obi-Wan to say that about Padme. Its funny, because he looked so happy to see her when they met in the FL trailer.

22. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
    Look back on the TPM trailers. Was there any kind of dialogue that seemed to refer to one thing but turned out to be part of another scene?

23. Darth-Mouth

Sep 18, 1999
    Yes there probably was.

However, it's hard to say that particular line ("She's a politician, and they are not to be trusted") could be about anyone other than Padme.

That being said, it might happen before they even meet her in the movie. It could take place in a conversation they have before she comes in to meet them.

In my opinion it is important that Obi-Wan and Padme be fond of each other because they will need each other's support while Anakin spirals downward.

24. bennehana

bennehana Jedi Youngling

Nov 12, 2001
    I also love the "BING" sound of Slave I's lasers. (My other favorite laser sound is the X-Wing's)

25. KaaShamau

Aug 15, 2000
    You're reaching.

I know :), but I doubt that lines about Padmé, and we know TBT is in AotC, we know she's corrupt, and we know she shares a scene with Padmé.

Just speculating really, no hard evidence...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.