main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars **Forces**

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Rainbow Knight Star, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Harpalyce

Harpalyce Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 19, 2010
    Sterling Makedan

The noise was not something Sterling had been looking forward to. It was, if anything, extremely grating, and he winced as soon as he stepped out into the shuttleport. For the last few years he had gotten used to the wilderness of Taris, as the planet had grown over after its ancient bombing into obliteration, and seemed to resist attempts to cover it with a cityscape again. Not that he thought badly of the planet for doing such a thing: it was beautiful country, and already he was starting to miss it. Mostly because nature was quiet - well, quieter, at least.

But this...

The first lungful of Coruscantian smog made him cough, and he peevishly adjusted his coat, giving a little aggravated huff. No, he didn't like Coruscant, not at all. There was too much city in this place, and it was the lower city of Taris all over again. Any moment now it would be completely in place for a swoop gang to come tearing through and for a slythmonger to offer him some death sticks which he, of course, would refuse (he told himself firmly). It was absolutely miserable, and too loud, and -

He took a deep breath in, closing his eyes, letting it out through his nose. In, out, let the anger flow out from you, he told himself. "Right," he mumbled to himself. "You can do this." He reached up to adjust his coat's collar. "You already sent a note to, um, Master Joy, and you'll show up just in time to have a chat with her, or with somebody, and then you can get settled in to listen to her speech -" he fumbled out his datapad from his inside coat pocket to look at it - "Uh, her speech which is, uh... twenty minutes ago."

He stopped walking with the crowd and stared blankly at the datapad. "Well, damn," Sterling remarked placidly.

Running a hand through his hair, he gave a sigh, breathing out his frustration. "All you need to do is show up," he reminded himself. "And they'll work it out. Yeah. ...Or they'll toss you out for being a hobo. That's also possible. You kinda look the part."

"This talking to myself thing is probably not helping either," Sterling mumbled, peering cross-eyed at a piece of lint he had just plucked from his hair. Shaking himself off, he gave a sigh before looking around, trying to find a decent map of the public transportation so he could slowly make his way to the Temple. Better late than never, he supposed...

((Tag: No-one, unless you find an interesting opening. This is just an introductory sort of post.))

2. Littledawg

Littledawg Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 19, 2008
    IC - Davian Thule
    Thule walked briskly through the Jedi academy, not necessarily pushing, merely, suggesting that people moved out of his way. He had felt a disturbance in the force, well that wasn't right, not so far as it went, there was always something wrong, but this, this was much bigger like he had felt a sudden wave of dark side energy which was cause enough for his concern, but just as quickly as it had appeared it had vanished, and just recently he felt another, similar yet drastically smaller application of the same dark energy.
    As Thule approached Master Joy's quarters he noticed two padawans standing at the door, one appeared to be human, and another seemed like a giant cat, either he had missed Master Joy or She was busy he really hoped it was the later, he had no problem interrupting her. "Then again..." Thule thought as he rubbed his mechanical arm. Finally he approached the Padawans, "So, Master Joy has decided to test your patience by seeing how long you can wait outside?" Thule laughed. "Don't worry, she has tried mine and everyone I know, but sometimes you just need a little persuasion." Thule laughed again, but afterwards he pound on the door, "Master Joy! I have to speak with you..." Thule glanced at the Padawans, "... and you have visitors." Thule said, and at the same time thought to himself, "Thule, you never were one to follow the rules and look where you are now, are we really going to teach these kids here that it's ok to shout at their Master... hey no pain no gain. Anyways these kids probably thought I am being...eccentric, good, Jedi should be eccentric. " Again he hit the door.
    Tag: prj1, bterrik, Ktala

3. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Rasa Ruu'ta-Li
    In front of Master LoveJoy's Quarters, Jedi Academy

As Rasa waited for Jaron to reply, her ears flicked towards another location, as another set of soft footsteps approached. It was a man. He looked a bit older. Well, as much as Rasi could tell. The man with purposeful steps reached them.

"So, Master Joy has decided to test your patience by seeing how long you can wait outside?" The man laughed. "Don't worry, she has tried mine and everyone I know, but sometimes you just need a little persuasion." Rasa's ears perked forward slightly as the man laughed again, but afterwards he pounded on the door.

"Master Joy! I have to speak with you..." The man glanced at Jaron and Rasi. "... and you have visitors." he added.

Again he hit the door.

Rasa gave a small smile as she quickly flicked her tail watching the man. The man was a tall as she was. Perhaps he was a Knight? Rasa bent her right ear.

"Purrrhaps. But that grrreatly depends upon the Master." she added softly, as she gave a slight nod of her head. "Besides..." Rasa extended one claw. "They do not seem to appreciate clawmarks." She let the long claw slip back down, and gave a slight smirk as she went back to patiently waiting.

Tag: prj1, bterrik

4. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    [GM POST]

OOC:

Attention, please

I would just like to say that I am pleased with the way this RPG is progressing so far. Your posts are excellent, but I would like to remind you to please be sure to use IC and TAG. Some of you are not. My sincere appologies for my long absence. I plan to have a post up tomorrow, answering your TAGs.

I have an announcement to make. Because of his encouragement and support toward me, his enthusiasm concerning the game, I am hereby making Darth_Dreadwar a Sub GM of this game.
    He will not be handling character sheets. That is Darth_Cadaverous and my job, but after many conversations over PM, he has shown me that he is capable of assisting in the running of this RPG.
    Congratulations, Darth_Dreadwar. I know you will do a great job.

Thank you. Let the fun continue!

:)

5. Harpalyce

Jun 19, 2010
    ((OOC - My apologies if I occasionally forget format! Mea culpa. This format is a little new to me. :) ))

IC - Sterling Makedan

"No, I'm serious! - Look, I sent her a message and everything."

The two soldiers guarding the way into the Temple were not Jedi - and it was also not the only way into the Temple, of course, but just the broad, main walkway to the main entrance. They appeared to be deeply unimpressed.

"Tours don't start until next week," one of the guards said flatly.

"Wait, look -" Sterling fumbled in his jacket. "I'll even show you. I sent a message two days ago, I've got to meet with someone here -" The guards had already leveled their blasters, and Sterling sighed. "Seriously. It's a datapad. I'm not going to shoot you with a datapad."

"We're taking all proper security precautions, sir."

"I'm sure you are," Sterling muttered bitterly, eyes rolling.

"Excuse me, sir?"

"Nothing! Nothing." He put his hands up, trying to diffuse the situation with the submissive gesture. "I'm sure if you just talk to someone, you can figure out that I'm supposed to be in there."

"You're not on the list, sir."

"There's a list?"

"Yes, there's a list. And you're not on it."

Sterling chewed a moment on his bottom lip. "Well, could you check?"

"I know the list," the guard deadpanned. "You are not on it."

"Can I see your identification, please?" The other guard said snidely, reaching out demandingly.

It took Sterling a moment to paw through his coat to find the right inside pocket, finally pulling out the ID card. "Thanks for not shooting me that time. ...Anyway, I'm sure if you just ask somebody, seriously, they'll let me in. I was told they were expecting me but I guess there's been a glitch in the system or something. If I could just get up there and explain -"

"This ID card is forged."

"What?"

"It's forged," the guard said firmly and rather peevishly. "A fake." He snapped his fingers, catching the other guard's attention. "Get on the comm to the Jedi security line, tell them there's a hobo -"

"I am not a hobo! I am just technically homeless!"

" - a technically homeless vagrant with a forged ID card who wants to come in."

"Well, sithspit," Sterling muttered, reaching up to pinch at his nose. He was most certainly regretting the honest route, and it was far too late to try a mind trick to slip on by, now...

He ran a hand through his hair and sighed. "Look, what if I show you my lightsabers?"

"Don't make us arrest you for public indecency, sir," the guard said flatly.

"Wait, what? - No! No, I mean - dammit."

Tag: prj1 (or any character who would reasonably respond to the security bulletin)

6. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    [Sub-GM post]

OOC:

Mr-Fett, your last post contains something of an innaccuracy - that Sith illusions are not detected by sensors - which, of course, has a major effect on the happenings of the game. If you could rewrite your post, it would be much appreciated.

We discussed this via PM several days ago, but you haven't yet responded, which brings me to another point.

If anyone is to be absent from the game, even for a few days, please PM the GM, Co-GM, or now, me, the Sub-GM. If you are 'absent without leave,' as it were, it can really slow down the game and tie players' hands up.

My personal - and 'unofficial' - advice is, if leaving for a while, to at least respond to a TAG, and try to end a 'situation' which, if left up in the air, could slow the game's progress.

Thank you all. This game is shaping up to be a good and lasting one. :D

7. Mr-Fett

Mr-Fett Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2009
    OOC: Sorry for my brief absence been working alot and my grandmother just had lung cancer removed so things have been kinda hectic. I will try to accurately correct my post and have it up in the next 24 hours.

8. Mr-Fett

Mar 11, 2009
    IC: Fett Brothers

The robed man spoke to Cassius and Marcellus. "Cassius and Marcellus Fett, I am Jedi Knight Logan Solar." The man calling himself Solar raised his lightsaber hilt as evidence. "I am here to stop your interrogation of Mantisa. You must understand, Mantisa is working for us in an undercover operation. Mantisa is faking planning an attack on the Corellian system to draw out terrorists who have been causing trouble on these worlds. I must ask you desist in your investigation here, and free Mantisa. If not, I will have to take you into the custody of the Jedi Order."

"Excuse me for being cautious Master Jedi, but how exactly did you get in here without tripping my silent alarms?" The lights remotely clicked off from the blink command issued by Marcellus. Cassius began to circle where the Jedi stood. The whole while Cassius had initiated a full battery of tests from both his suit and the surrounding sensory packages.

"Marcellus... I am getting a bad vibe from this. Lock down the whole facility." Cassius whispered this over his short wave comm to his brother.

"Master Jedi with all due respect you have no jurisdiction here and I am finding it rather difficult to find record of you in the Jedi databases. I am also finding it rather difficult to understand how exactly you came to be in this room... In our securely locked down facility WITH specific counter measures to identify and detain force users such as yourself. Now I have brought down Jedi and Sith alike in my time as a bounty hunter and if you believe that you (pointing at Logan Solar) are any different from the previous ones then you are very sadly mistaken."

Marcellus stepped forward and said "I think what my brother is saying is that you have about five seconds to start explaining yourself before we add another lightsaber to our collection"

The brothers had taken up positions on opposite sides of the Jedi in the now pitch black room. All sensors in range were trained on the jedi. The world of the Fett's had turned green with night vision as the brothers silently armed the vast arsenal that was like a second skin to all Mando people. The two brothers waited, poised to attack as they coolly awaited the response from their mysterious visitor.

Tag: Darth_Dreadwar

9. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    OOC: Just a short one this time.

IC: Darth Dreadwar, Wrath of Vader, in hyperspace en route to Tora Zone

Anger filled the Sith Lord. Apparently the Fetts had some sort of technology in their little bunker designed to identify and detain Jedi. The fact his illusion had simply walked into the interrogation room without tripping the alarms was too suspicious.

But there was another way, the way of intimidation... and deception.

[b]Interrogation room, Tralus.[/b]

The Sith illusion sighed. Like all illusions created by dark side magic, the false sounds were detected as real by the audio sensors in the Fetts' helmets.

"Well, bounty hunters, congratulations," the illusion claiming to be a Jedi Knight, Logan Solar, said mockingly. "I am not a Jedi. And this body you see before me? It is nothing but a house for my spirit... and my spirit is the spirit of a Sith!"

The illusionary body fell away to the floor as a dark specter rose from the seeming corpse. The specter, appearing as a pitch black sillhouette, darker even than the black around him, was an illusion too, and now it hissed. "Allow me to introduce myself. I am the Sith Lord Nihl Rahap'tor, Cassius and Marcellus."

Rahap'tor floated towards the Fetts menacingly. "And I command a legion that has killed a dozen Jedi."

Various men in black robes clutching the hilts of lightsabers walked into the room, dragging the corpses of Jedi. One of the men held someone very much alive, a white haired lady...

"And yes, I have captured Grand Master Joy herself," the illusion of a Sith spirit said. It turned, and blue lightning crackled in the space between Rahap'tor and Master Joy. Joy fell to the floor. The scanners in the room detected no life signs.

Of course, all, the spirit, the black robed men, the corpses of Jedi and Master Joy, were illusions.

[b]TAG:[/b] Mr-Fett

10. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    [GM POST]

IC:MasterJoy -- Coruscant -- Jedi Academy -- Private Quarters, Mid Morning

MasterJoy began checking for any messages that may have been transmitted while she was away conducting the morning assembly. A cold chill ran down her spine as she read a message from a bounty hunter, saying that he had information concerning a possible threat to the Jedi order, the galaxy, and herself, and he requested a meeting with her. MasterJoy immediately responded, using the account she was given.

"Greetings,

I am MasterJoy of the Forces of Light Jedi Academy. Your request for a meeting with me is granted. I wish to know what you have learned. Please, come to Coruscant at your earliest convenience. Thank you. May the Light Side of the Force be with you."

There were no more messages, so masterJoy prepared to go meet her padawans. Just then, the Jedi heard a bell ringing, and loud knocking on her door, and someone's voice yelling that they needed to speak with her. She knew that voice. Yes, it was that troublesome Jedi Knight, Davian Thule. Quick as a flash of light, the Jedi leader went to her chest, opened the second drawer from the top, and pulled out a whip. She tucked it away in the right pocket of her Jedi robe.Then, she walked swiftly to the door. MasterJoy opened the door slowly, stepped outside, then pulled the door shut. Taking the whip from the pocket of her Jedi robe, she gracefully approached Jedi Knight Davian Thule, stopping five feet away from him. The Jedi leader glared at the young man, and cracked the whip five times. "You get to your quarters and remain there," she said firmly, cracking the whip two more times. "Get moving!"...I will speak with you later.

Then, the Jedi Grand Master placed the whip back into the pocket of her Jedi robe, and walked over to her padawans; a young man, and a cat-like creature.

MasterJoy bowed to them and said in calm tones, "Hello, my young padawans. I am MasterJoy. It is an honor to be your master. I trust that not only will you learn from me, but that I may learn from you as well. I want to be more than just your master. I want to be your friend, so if you have a problem, and you need someone to talk to, please, do not hesitate to come to me."

MasterJoy smiled at her students, especially Rasa. The Jedi wanted to just give the cathar a big hug. She looked so soft and sweet. However, MasterJoy knew that Rasa could be fierce if necessary. Seeing another Jedi knight nearby, she said to her padawans, "please, excuse me for one moment, young ones...I must speak with this Jedi knight, and then I will return soon." MasterJoy bowed to her students, then gracefully walked away.

She approached the young man, bowed, then asked gently, "What may I do for you, Eroth Habar?"

TAG: Mr-Fett, Ktala, Bterrik, DarthCalo, Littledawg

OOC: Bunco informed me that he must leave the game, due to Real Life. Sorry for the long delay of my IC post. Thank you. Let the fun continue!

:)

11. Littledawg

Aug 19, 2008
    IC - Daivian Thule

"You get to your quarters and remain there," she said firmly, cracking the whip two more times. "Get moving!"...I will speak with you later.

"Hmmph. A whip, how orriginal, how very lady like." Thule thought to himself. He comtemplated going back to his room so he could get chewed out by the Grand Master alone, but that didn't appeal to him, and well, he had a reputation to maintain.

"Now hang on a second! I didn't come all the way from Tatooine so I could get brushed off by you about another disturbence in the Force! Remember the last time you dismissed my "feelings" as obsurd!" Thule shouted as he held up his mechanical arm. "I know that there's something going on with the Force, you must have felt it, I mean it was so large these two must have felt something!" Thule said pointing towards the two padawans. "All I want is your "permission" to go on a little mission" Thule said, but he thought to himself, "You know I'll go whether you give me permission or not!" Thule thought back to the mission that had cost him his arm, and his respect for those on the council, through their inability to act he lost his arm, and his master. Thule's master was much like Thule himself, always ready to act, perhaps to eager, but thats what Thule wanted, action. He wasn't a child, not a Padawan, he had actually seen combat, against real foes, not just some criminal master minds here or there but Sith, actual Sith, and he had won. He wasn't ready to back down now, because Joy couldn't make a decision, because she was afraid, and rightly so. Making a decision that could get someone killed was not an easy task, it was trying, and down right self destructive.

Thule braced himself, both for the onslaught of words, and the whip. Thule knew in a Force contest there would be no contest, she could pick him up and blast him back to tatooine before he even coughed a response, in a saber fight he might win, he was a Blademaster to be, was everyone's opinion of him, but Thule doubted shed attack him with a saber, much less the Force. If she did, it would be with that blasted whip, and her weapon of mass destruction, words. He braced, ready to catch the end of the whip should it come his way, and he braced his mind for the coming assault.

Tag : Ktala, Bterrik,prj1

12. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Rasa Ruu'ta-Li
    In front of Master LoveJoy's Quarters, Jedi Academy

Whatever responses Rasa might have expected didnt happen. Instead, the door to MasterJoy opened slowly, and she quickly stepped outside, then pulled the door shut. As Rasa took a step back respectfully, she noticed the Jedi Master removing something from her robes as she stepped over towards the rude Jedi. Stopping five feet away from him, MasterJoy glared at the young man, and then suddenly cracked a whip she produced from her robes. Rasa's eyes went as wide as saucers as she watched. She had heard of the expression of 'cracking the whip'...but she didnt think THATS what it meant. Her tail froze, then dove downwards as she heard MasterJoy's words towards the man as she cracked the whip again. "You get to your quarters and remain there," she said firmly, cracking the whip two more times. "Get moving!"..."I will speak with you later."

...!!

Rasa swallowed hard. That was something she had not expected from the Jedi Master. Its true, she didnt hit the man with the whip, but it smacked to Rasa like those people who worked with smaller animals, snapping a whip at them, like some sort of trainer. Rasa simply blinked as she watched. Maybe this was sort of ... test? That HAD to be it. She coudlnt see any Jedi Master, especially one who led many of other Jedi doing that...unless it was a test. Rasa did a series of quick blinks, as she willed herself to look attentive...and not shocked, her tail pinned to her back. Her ears flickered a bit before freezing in one position, not quite sure what to think.

Then, the Jedi Grand Master placed the whip back into the pocket of her Jedi robe, and walked over towards Jaron and Rasa.

MasterJoy bowed to them and said in calm tones, "Hello, my young padawans. I am MasterJoy. It is an honor to be your master. I trust that not only will you learn from me, but that I may learn from you as well. I want to be more than just your master. I want to be your friend, so if you have a problem, and you need someone to talk to, please, do not hesitate to come to me."

Now, Rasi has worked hard to lean the many different subtle facial and body gestures of these others. But sometimes, it was hard to tell. MasterJoy smiled at them, after that bit of an display, and then say if you need someone to talk to ...dont hesitate?! Oh, PLEASE, let that either be a test...or MasterJoy had a very strange sense of humor that Rasa didnt quite catch.

Rasa didnt smile...it tended to make some humans nervous, for her to show that much teeth, so instead she let one ear drop as she nodded slightly. Master LoveJoy then continued.. "Please, excuse me for one moment, young ones...I must speak with this Jedi knight, and then I will return soon." MasterJoy bowed to her students, then gracefully walked away.

But it seems that the rude Jedi was not to be ignored. He suddenly shouted out, "Now hang on a second! I didn't come all the way from Tatooine so I could get brushed off by you about another disturbance in the Force! Remember the last time you dismissed my "feelings" as obsurd!" he shouted as he held up his mechanical arm. "I know that there's something going on with the Force, you must have felt it, I mean it was so large these two must have felt something!" the man said pointing towards Jaron and Rasa. Rasa's ears went flat, as the Jedi continued his rant. "All I want is your "permission" to go on a little mission" he stated at MasterJoy.

Rasa looked over at Jaron to see if she could gauge his reaction to any of this.

Right now, she really wished she could retreat to the gardens. OR had been excused to anyplace. Simply standing around was something she didnt do well. She resisted the sudden urge to play with her tail, wishing that she was ANYPLACE else but here at the moment.

TAG: Bterrik, Littledawg, pr1

13. Mr-Fett

Mar 11, 2009
    IC: Fett Twins

It was a chilly day on Coruscant and lightning storms had been flaring up all around the planet. The Fett brothers walked across the massive courtyard and up the stairs to the Jedi Temple. It had been four days since Master Joy responded and since the encounter with the sith illusion. Since their arrival in the courtyard the Fett's had been drawing long staring looks from passersby but they paid them no attention. Walking up the stairs the Fett Brothers passed a now full regiment of guards placed on duty no doubt due to the rumors swirling around and the overall sense of foreboding that was almost tangible in the air.

"Excuse me sirs we need to see your identi....." The guard stopped talking as the brothers walked right past him and the rest of his command. One of the other guards looked at him and said "Sir? uhhh they just walked right past us..." "Dont you know who they are you karking idiot" whispered another younger guard "Thats the Fett Twins they are the best bounty hunters in the whole galaxy. Killing us would be no problem at all for them."

Cassius and Marcellus walked right past the guards on duty not even looking back to see their reactions. They had business to attend to, very important business. Now inside the temple they came to the first checkpoint inside guarded by another team of guards and two Jedi Knights.

"Greetings sirs and welcome to the Jedi Temple. I understand that you had a small hiccup with out security team, and I am going to need to see..." The Jedi Knight paused as he tried to search the force for the two battle ready men standing in front of him. Much to the Jedi Knights surprise he could not find them in the force. Immediately upon this terrifying realization he stretched out to his Master who although he sensed confusion his Master exuded a sense of calm. "Identification. Without proper credentials I am afraid that I wont be able to allow you past this point."

Marcellus tightened his fists and shifted his stance to angle himself in a covering position over his brother. Simultaneous with this subtle but powerful gesture Marcellus rested his hands on the buts of his dual SSK-9 Heavy Blaster Pistols. Cassius stepped forward and handed a datapad over to the Jedi Master who had not spoken during the whole conversation. Without a word the Master Jedi grabbed another datapad off of the security desk and handed it to Cassius.

Five Minutes later the two brothers sat quietly in a small conference room awaiting the arrival of Grand Master Joy.

Tag: Grand Master Joy

14. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    [Sub-GM Post]

OOC:

Mr-Fett, I don't believe you can just skip 4 days in the RPG, not respond to my TAG and give no info about the encounter with the Sith illusions or what happened to Mantisa, especially considering that the attack on Corellia is to happen in 1 day.

I must ask you to rewrite your post. Everyone else is currently on a totally different time frame. Appearing on Coruscant, with absolutely no resolution or response, 4 days later, when the attack would already have happened, and perhaps not only my character, but characters among the Jedi, including MasterJoy, would have been interacting and responding, is just not possible to do.

Thanks. [face_peace]

15. Chance the Jedi

Chance the Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 25, 2005
    IC: Eroth Habar

Eroth reached the hallway where Master Joy's private quarters were at. He gazed for a moment and saw that she was talking to a couple of members of the Academy, from the looks of it they were probably Padawans he didn't know personally. He saw that she was still talking to them.

He patiently waited.

A short while later, Eroth sensed that she was finished talking to them, and saw her walking straight towards him. She approached him she bowed and so Eroth respectively did the same. "What may I do for you, Eroth Habar?" she asked. Eroth gulped, "I was thinking about what you said, a while ago at the morning briefing today. Something about a Padawan needing a Master, could I be of any assistance to that matter?" he asked with somewhat of a nervous tone.

TAG: prj1

16. Harpalyce

Jun 19, 2010
    IC: Sterling Makedan

"I'm going to regret this in the morning," Sterling mumbled to himself.

"What?" One of the guards peevishly snapped his head around to glare.

"Nothing! Nothing," Sterling said quickly, putting his hands up. "Just saying, uh, I wondered what kind of polish you use for your armor. It's, uh, really shiny."

The guard stared flatly as the compliment utterly failed. Sterling tried to smile brightly before groaning a little and then deliberately, obviously reaching into the Force. He closed his eyes as he did so, waving his hand in a gentle arc, as if the Force was a veil he was pulling into the wind.

"You're going to let me through," he stated calmly.

"I'm... going to let you through," the guards chorused dizzily, both of them going a little slackjawed.

"You're going to take these twenty credits to let me pass, and, uh, buy something nice for your wife."

"I'm going to take these twenty credits and..." One guard's nose wrinkled. "But I don't have a wife."

"Uh, then, uh, yourself."

Crisis averted, the guard's frown slid back into happy complacency. Very carefully, Sterling counted out the hard credits and grabbed for the guard's arm, forcing it into his palm, before doing much the same with the other. It was hard to mantain the mind trick for so long, and as soon as he was able, he all but sprinted away from the two.

One of them groaned and massaged at his temples. "Twenty credits?" He gave a groaning sigh. "This isn't even enough to buy a six-pack of ale. Damn."

As he slipped into the building proper, Sterling reflected that he perhaps should feel a little more guilty about being such a cheapskate. But if he was already using a Jedi mind trick to get his way in, why not save himself a little money? Now, of course, there was the matter of actually finding who he needed to talk to... Just try and act casual, he reminded himself, adjusting his jacket. Hold your head high and act like you're supposed to be here, and nobody will bother you.

It was a good plan, but likely would work better if Sterling were not dressed in such raggedy street clothes.

Tag: no-one at the moment (unless your character's wandering the halls.)

17. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    [GM POST]

IC:MasterJoy----Jedi Academy---- Hallway Outside MasterJoy's Quarters, Mid Morning

Before MasterJoy walked over to the Jedi knight who was patiently waiting for her, she heard Jedi Knight Davian Thule's words. "I didn't come all the way from Tattooine to get brushed off by you about another disturbance in the Force...I know you felt it."
    Yes, the young man was correct. She had indeed felt this great disturbance in the Force that he spoke of, but that was not her issue with Knight Thule. He was rude, and there was no excuse for it. Furthermore, the Jedi leader would not tolerate it. He was a groan man; not a small child. Very well, if it was his wish to settle this matter in public, so be it.
    Speaking in a calm tone of voice, yet with authority, MasterJoy looked directly at Davian Thule, still wearing that same bright smile she had when she was talking to her padawans.
    "All right, Davian...You are right about there being a disturbance in the Force, and to believe that I have felt it, and I was not going to deny it, but that is not my issue with you...It is your conduct...When you wish to see me, you ring the bell, wait ten minutes, and if I do not respond, you are to contact me on your comlink; not knock loudly on my door, and yell... I do not appreciate this kind of behavior in front of my new padawans...I am not asking you, I am telling you, young man, this will not happen again.
    I trust we are clear on this matter.
    If you are here to ask my permission to go somewhere that the Force is leading you, you are wasting my time and yours...Just simply notify me and leave....
    Never question the Force when it speaks to you, young Knight, unless it is the Dark Side...Then, you resist that evil voice with Light Side thoughts and words...
    ....Now, if there is nothing else, I must move on." The Jedi Grand Master took both of the young man's hands into hers, and laughed, speaking sweetly in a tone of voice that seemed almost musical.
    "You passed my test, Davian....That's why I brought out that whip, and ordered you around as I did....You never showed any sign of fear, and you did not run away like a coward....I am extremely proud of you, courageous Jedi Knight." Letting go of his hands, and reaching up and patting him on his right shoulder she said, "Now, go, my dear friend and brave warrior, and follow where the Light Side of the Force leads you...Let me know what you learn....May the Light Side of the Force be with you, and may your journey be a safe one." Bowing in respect, the Jedi Grand Master walked away from Davian thule.

Walking back over to her padawans, Rasa and Jaron, she said cheerfully, "Both of you may go to the gardens and wait for me there." Then, bowing, MasterJoy walked over to the other Jedi knight, and after they bowed to each other in respect, and MasterJoy asked, "How may I help you, Eroth Habar?" The young man ansered nervously, "I was thinking about what you said in the morning briefing today, about a padawan needing a master. May I bee of any assistance to that matter?" MasterJoy smiled, and softly replied, "The padawan that I was refering to left the academy, but there is another padawan that I will asign to you....His name is Sterling Makedan, and he was not in assembly this morning....Please, go and look for him, and when you find him, claim him as your student....May the Light Side of the Force be with you, my friend." Then MasterJoy bowed again, and gracefully walked away to go join her padawans in the gardens.

TAG: Jedi

18. Mr-Fett

Mar 11, 2009
    OOC: Correction to my previous post

It was a chilly day on Coruscant and lightning storms had been flaring up all around the planet. The Fett brothers walked across the massive courtyard and up the stairs to the Jedi Temple. It had been four hours since Master Joy responded and since the encounter with the sith illusion. Since their arrival in the courtyard the Fett's had been drawing long staring looks from passersby but they paid them no attention. Walking up the stairs the Fett Brothers passed a now full regiment of guards placed on duty no doubt due to the rumors swirling around and the overall sense of foreboding that was almost tangible in the air.

"Excuse me sirs we need to see your identi....." The guard stopped talking as the brothers walked right past him and the rest of his command. One of the other guards looked at him and said "Sir? uhhh they just walked right past us..." "Dont you know who they are you karking idiot" whispered another younger guard "Thats the Fett Twins they are the best bounty hunters in the whole galaxy. Killing us would be no problem at all for them."

Cassius and Marcellus walked right past the guards on duty not even looking back to see their reactions. They had business to attend to, very important business. Now inside the temple they came to the first checkpoint inside guarded by another team of guards and two Jedi Knights.

"Greetings sirs and welcome to the Jedi Temple. I understand that you had a small hiccup with out security team, and I am going to need to see..." The Jedi Knight paused as he tried to search the force for the two battle ready men standing in front of him. Much to the Jedi Knights surprise he could not find them in the force. Immediately upon this terrifying realization he stretched out to his Master who although he sensed confusion his Master exuded a sense of calm. "Identification. Without proper credentials I am afraid that I wont be able to allow you past this point."

Marcellus tightened his fists and shifted his stance to angle himself in a covering position over his brother. Simultaneous with this subtle but powerful gesture Marcellus rested his hands on the buts of his dual SSK-9 Heavy Blaster Pistols. Cassius stepped forward and handed a datapad over to the Jedi Master who had not spoken during the whole conversation. Without a word the Master Jedi grabbed another datapad off of the security desk and handed it to Cassius.

Five Minutes later the two brothers sat quietly in a small conference room awaiting the arrival of Grand Master Joy.

Tag: Grand Master Joy

19. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Rasa Ruu'ta-Li
    Master Gardens, Jedi Academy - Mid-Morning

Rasa looked over at Jaron to see if she could gauge his reaction to any of this, while they watched the rest of the action in the hallway play out. First, MasteJoy walked over towards the rude Jedi, and they had some words. BUt then it was Rasa's turn to be suprised as

"...When you wish to see me, you ring the bell, wait ten minutes, and if I do not respond, you are to contact me on your comlink.." TEN MINUTES! Oh, this was going to be so much fun. She hoped she never had to get the woman for an emergency. Sheesh! But then, she softened suddenly, and Rasa was now confused..as MasterJoy took both of the young man's hands into hers, and laughed, speaking sweetly in a tone of voice that seemed almost musical. "You passed my test, Davian....That's why I brought out that whip, and ordered you around as I did....You never showed any sign of fear, and you did not run away like a coward....I am extremely proud of you, courageous Jedi Knight."

Oooooooookay. Rasa twitched her ears.

So, it was a test? But still, Rasa watched very confused by it all. If anyone else acted this way, Rasi was sure that they would need to be given medication. Well, at least her people would think so. Rasa blinked rapidly, confused. Her tail flicked slightly as The Jedi Master walked back over to Jaron and Rasa. She said cheerfully, "Both of you may go to the gardens and wait for me there." Then, bowing, MasterJoy walked over to the other Jedi knight, and they bowed to each other in respect.

Rasa didnt wait after that. She gave a polite nod, and quietly backed out and moved swiftly, not looking to see if Jaron was joining her our not. She waited until she was out of the hallway, before she broke into a swift run. Rasa ran swiftly, enjoying the release as she entered the garden area. She then gracefully leaped into a nearby tree.

Yesss!.... Rasa nearly purred. This was so much better. This she understood. Rasi mulled over the scene that had just played out in front of her. Was that a preview how being a Padawan was going to be? She had heard that MasterJoy was a bit ... unorthodox...but really!?!?! Rasa's tail twitched as she gently held it. The woman really expected folks to hang around her door for ten minutes, before they did something? Rasa knew that patience was important, but to her, that seemed to border on ... silliness. Or maybe that was some more of the Master Jedi's test? How very strange humans could be at times. It was hard to tell when they were joking or not sometimes. If nothing else, it seemed that MasterJoy would be keeping her on her toes. Literally.

She sighed softly. She wished she had a lightsaber. She would practice some. Instead, she decided to cross her legs, and meditate as she waited. Jaron had not spoken much to her since they had been interrupted. Rasa needed to find her center once more, before the MasterJoy returned. Rasa slowly extended her claws, in a slow stretch, and then let out a breath as she began to relax. She let her eyes close to very small slits, but she was still watchful of her surroundings as she sat on a large branch, her tail slowly moving in her lap.

Rasa began to concentrate on some nearby small rocks, moving to levitate them as she waited.

TAG: Bterrik, Littledawg, pr1

20. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    OOC: This post will have Mantisa out of prison. PRJ1 has given permission and approval for this.

IC: Darth Dreadwar, Wrath of Vader

The sound of the imminent hyperspace reversal alarms roused Darth Dreadwar from an unrestful meditation. He rose quickly to his feet, listening for several seconds before the alarms stopped. This time, Dreadwar was in his personal quarters, meditating, cross-legged, on the floor, rather than in the Sith Meditation Sphere.

Excellent. The Wrath of Vader had exited hyperspace in the Tora Zone, that known-only-to-shady-individuals area of interstellar space used commonly as a meeting point as close to Coruscant as possible without detection.

Darth Dreadwar rose, walking out of his quarters and navigating the Wrath of Vader. His prior anger and fury had slipped back into that dark furnace inside his heart. Now, satisfaction filled him. Four hours ago, the Sith illusions of Darth Dreadwar had helped Jom Mantisa escape imprisonment in the Fett brothers' bunker on Coruscant. His plans were back on schedule. Through the secret com-link that Mantisa had managed to find and escape with, he had instructed the crime lord to board whatever craft he could get his hands on and flee Coruscant to the Tora Zone for a meeting.

Meeting Mantisa face to face had never been his original intention, but the Fetts, those fierfeking worrt slimes, had changed that. Dreadwar would meet the crime boss, give him further instructions, and then send him off to the Corellian system again to summon his group's forces.

And then Dreadwar would continue on to Coruscant, coordinate the attack on Corellia, and try and find the lost medical bay of Lord Nyax... and hopefully try and eliminate the Fetts before they could tell anyone of what they had seen. Perhaps Darklighter could be of help.

Dreadwar walked into the hangar bay of the Wrath of Vader. The bridge had already been alerted, of course, and the small unmarked freighter in the hangar was ready to depart. Dreadwar boarded the freighter, and sat in the pilot's seat, bringing the freighter out of the hangar bay. He sent a quick message to the Wrath of Vader, ordering it to remain in the Tora Zone, ready to provide backup in case something went terrible wrong on Coruscant, or perhaps even help Mantisa, since that fool apparently needed help. If all went as planned the warship would return to Indix.

He waited for several minutes until a small disturbance was detected; a ship exiting hyperspace. A small shuttle, and Dreadwar felt Mantisa's now familiar presence - black and polluted with greed and fear - aboard. An insignificant insect Dreadwar could not wait to be rid of. But for now... Dreadwar hailed Mantisa, opening his own freighter's airlock and connecting his ship with Mantisa's.

One minute later, Mantisa was aboard his ship. Time for a little intimidation... and a reminder that such incompetence as Mantisa's in allowing himself to be captured would not be tolerated.

Mantisa entered the cockpit. Darth Dreadwar had already stood. The crime lord flinched and covered his eyes as he saw that Dreadwar's eyes were streaming hellish fire. Mantisa vomited all over the floor as he gazed into Dreadwar's eyes.

Dreadwar's voice cracked like a whip. "Fool!"

Mantisa stammered. "My Lord..."

"No babbling today, Mantisa," Dreadwar hissed.

Mantisa actually had the nerve to look at the Sith Lord once more. "Don't speak to me in such a manner! I have valiantly fought my way out of imprisonment, and I could back out of this deal!" he screamed like the krokas he was.

"Tell me, Mantisa, do you notice something different about my appearance?" Dreadwar whispered menacingly. "Well, yes... your armor... your eyes..." Mantisa said in return. "That is because the being you met on Tralus was not me, Mantisa," Dreadwar continued. "It was an illusion I created when I was still on Indix, lightyears away. That is a measure of my power. There is no backing out."

The Sith Lord snarled and kicked Mantisa in the gut. Physical force always had a greater effect on

21. Littledawg

Aug 19, 2008
    IC - Davian Thule

Thule thought of speaking more with the Grand Master but thought better of it. He wanted to apologize, for being rude, he didn't think he was rude, maybe a little impatient but never rude. After the Grand Master had walked away, Thule turned to go to his ship, but as he left he got paged on his comlink, it was one of his Jedi friends who was at the foward security check point. "Go ahead." Thule didn't want to sound terse but he was busy.

The response that came back was definantly trouble. "Thule we've got two armed men looking for Master Joy, their in a confrence room now, stay on your toes."

"Copy that, I'm on my way." Technically it was just a warning message being sent to every Jedi in the temple, it wasn't an order to investigate. In fact the GrandMaster probably would have told him to bugger off if she beat him to the room, but she didn't and Thule slipped inside the room. He didn't see what the message had said, these werent men, they were Jedi killers and Thule knew it. Thule's first reaction was to looked them over with the force, to his suprise, they weren't there. "That's impossible." Thule thought to himself. He set his hand on his light saber and circled the two bounty hunters until he wason the opposite end of the table at which, he sat down. "Please, take a seat. Im sure you're here to speak to the Grand Master, and not me. Well to simply put it, you made quite a problem for our security teams, we do this strictly for the Grand Master's safety. So please, tell me what your here to speak about." Thule eased back into his chair and closed thedoor with the Force and he locked it.

22. Harpalyce

Jun 19, 2010
    IC: Sterling Makedan

"Just keep casual, and..." Sterling continued to mutter to himself even as he walked through the hallways. "...Oh, wow."

A stupid smile spread over his face as he stepped out into the well-lit, lush, wide gardens. The constant nagging worry about how to fit in melted away, and as the pleasant sunlight filtered down through the dome that covered the entire courtyard. It was a luxurious space, enough side-gardens for private meditation and a center fountain, fed by a carefully crafted creek. And, of course, nature did not exist in isolation: birds flitted in the treetops, catching bright wing insects. Somewhere in the distance a frog-like creature chirped, the sound blending rather seamlessly with the distant chatter of one of the classes of younglings being guided in early-morning meditation in one of the gardens.

It was, in a word, absolutely perfect. Even the sun making him slightly too hot was something he didn't mind; he shrugged off his leather coat to fold it over his arm. The natural setting - forced and contained even as it was - became the perfect balm for his mild panic about finding his way into the temple, or even simply being on Coruscant, cornered by the urban setting that reminded him all to well of his miserable early life.

It wasn't so much that the young man forgot about going to meet Master Joy as much as he consciously decided to do it sometime in the distant future. With a dumb, giddy expression on his face, he flopped down on a grassy knoll underneath a tree, closing his eyes and giving a long, happy sigh. Fortunately, his simple tunic and pants made him almost blend in; the shabby old coat still stood out, but at least was more tolerable folded up than actually on him.

Tag: DarthCalo (and Ktala if you so choose)

23. Mr-Fett

Mar 11, 2009

The Fett brothers hadn't been waiting for very long when a Jedi walked into the room and after close inspection addressed them.

"Please, take a seat. Im sure you're here to speak to the Grand Master, and not me. Well to simply put it, you made quite a problem for our security teams, we do this strictly for the Grand Master's safety. So please, tell me what your here to speak about."

Neither of the Fett's moved when the Jedi had finished speaking they just stood still and silent for a few long moments.

Dreadwar's voice cracked like a whip. "Fool!"

Mantisa stammered. "My Lord..."

"No babbling today, Mantisa," Dreadwar hissed.

Mantisa actually had the nerve to look at the Sith Lord once more. "Don't speak to me in such a manner! I have valiantly fought my way out of imprisonment, and I could back out of this deal!" he screamed like the krokas he was.

"Tell me, Mantisa, do you notice something different about my appearance?" Dreadwar whispered menacingly. "Well, yes... your armor... your eyes..." Mantisa said in return. "That is because the being you met on Tralus was not me, Mantisa," Dreadwar continued. "It was an illusion I created when I was still on Indix, lightyears away. That is a measure of my power. There is no backing out."

The Sith Lord snarled and kicked Mantisa in the gut. Physical force always had a greater effect on a man's primal instincts than any terror created by the Force. "Now, fool, you will limp away back to the Corellian system, and prepare the Reapers."

Helmet to Helmet com

"Cassius did you just hear what I heard?" "Yes I did brother and it sounds like things are going to be heating up faster then we thought." "I knew it was a good idea to plant that bug on Mantissa. Good call on dosing it with the ysalamiri extract" "Listen brother... We need to speak with the grand master now if you get my meaning..."

Faster than the blink of an eye Cassius and Marcellus were on top of the Jedi pounding him with a wide array of blows. Before the Jedi could react the Fett brothers had his lightsaber and detained him with stun cuffs set to shock when the Jedi attempted to use the force.

"Now listen to me Jedi... Things are a whole lot more serious than you know. You will take out your comlink and contact Grand Master Joy and tell her to come here immediately. We have information involving the crime lord Mantissa and information about a planned Sith attack. Do you understand me..."

Tag: Davian Thule

24. bterrik

bterrik Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2001
    Jaron Kell

Jaron had taken a few lessons from Master Joy as a youngling, but nothing had prepared him for the sort of confrontation outside Master Joy's quarters. She had taken a...unique angle in instructing the Jedi Knight that had come demanding attention. Things had gone from a whip, to words of congratulations, and back to a stern warning before Jaron could make sense of things.

Still, the Force works in mysterious ways, Jaron thought to himself. Master Joy did have a reputation for creative teaching methods, but she was also well loved among the Jedi and, of course, uniquely powerful in the Force. Jaron could feel that much for sure - and she had done him a great honor in naming him as one of her personal padawans. It was certainly going to be an interesting apprenticeship, of that, Jaron was certain.

After being dismissed to the gardens, Jaron took a circuitous route to get there. While he liked the gardens well enough - they were great for meditation - Jaron himself much preferred to focus himself against a drone in the sparing areas. There was nothing like the single-minded concentration of battling a drone to help Jaron think clearly on issues facing him and to feel the Force. Still, as he came into the gardens it really was an exquisite day on Coruscant. The sun was warm - a little too warm for Jaron in his apprentice cloak, but he endured it - and the birds chirping and burbling of the garden's streams made for a tremendous melody for the day. He noticed with mild amusement that Rasa had leapt into a tree and was using telekinesis to focus. Jaron had meant to take up some small talk with the Cathar and learn more about his new partner-in-apprenticeship, but he didn't want to disturb her concentration. Smiling and moving close to her tree in case she decided to take the initiative, Jaron went about making himself a little more presentable. Being late that morning to the assembly, he hadn't had the opportunity to take care of the little things about his presentation, and he figured he could do a little now.

Jaron sat down on a rock and rubbed a few smudges off his boots. Of course, I hadn't known I'd be made Master Joy's apprentice, or I would made sure to have been up earlier! He also took his lightsaber off his belt and examined it. It was still relatively new - he had only completed the phase of his training where he created his own lightsaber a few months ago. The handle was silver, comfortably sized for two hands, with two black rubber grips allowing for a solid grasp. Near the top, it had a gold activation slider and a few small knobs and switches that could adjust the blade's attenuation and intensity. The bottom of the hilt could be twisted, allowing Jaron to easily change the alignment of the crystals in the blade and doubling the blade's length. This dual-phase construction wasn't easy to accomplish, but Jaron had modeled his saber off of Master Horn's, and he was famous for dual-phase techniques. Jaron felt his saber would have been incomplete without that functionality, so he had stuck with it until he had gotten it right. He was proud of its construction, even though he knew Jedi should let go of their pride. Of course, that didn't show at the moment - the hilt was covered in sweat marks and hand prints from an intense sparing session he had participated in the previous night. Jaron used the hem of his cloak to try and rub the worst of it off while he waited for Master Joy to arrive at the gardens.

TAG Ktala, prj1, others in the garden if they'd like

25. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Rasa Ruu'ta-Li
    Master Gardens, Jedi Academy - Mid-Morning

Rasa sat, perfectly still in quiet on her perch as she waited for her new Master to come to the gardens. The other Padawan had not appeared yet either. Then again, she HAD run like mad to get back to the gardens. Suddenly, her noise detected that someone was in the garden a scant second behind her Force senses. She didnt move, as she observed the new arrival. It was not who she expected. She did not know this being.

He seemed rather happy, smiling even as he had stepped out into the garden. He looked almost like one of the many people who wandered the lower levels of Coruscant. But he didnt smell like them. No, that was certain. He strolled in, looking rather pleased of the area. Rasa guessed that he enjoyed a good garden as well. Not wishing to disturb him, she simply watched quietly as he shrugged off his leather coat to fold it over his arm.

He seemed to relax within the gardens. With a totally happy expression..or at least, as much as Rasa could tell, he flopped down on a the grass directly under Rasa. She gave a slight smile. If he was a Jedi, then he was not wanting to pay attention. If he was not a Jedi... well, that would be found out soon enough. She carefully looked him over. Rasa's smile quickly grew wider, as she heard him let out a long, happy sigh. Rasa mentally noted that he seemed to blend in quite nicely, rather like herself. He looked so comfortable, and so relaxed, that she hated to interrupted him while he relaxed, but if she didnt sway something, he would be interrupted when MasterJoy arrived.

Rasi shook her main softly, giving him a few moments to relax before she spoke in a soft gentle voice to the human male strolled out under the tree so that she would not startle him too much:

"Lovely garden, is it not?" she asked him, not moving..her eyes still mere slits as she watched him, the tip of her tail gently flickering in her lap. She kept her tail up, having experienced the joy of having her tail yanked when on a branch once before. She took in a long, meditative breath as she gave out a slight smile, before she continued.

"Are you waiting for someone as well?" Rasa decided to ask him, as she opened her eyes a bit wider, looking at the human below her.

Tag: DarthCalo, Bterrik (if you come to the garden)

(Thanks DarthCalo!) :)

-----sig