main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA Forged By Light: Vindiction

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Lord_Darth_Vader, Oct 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeSunrider

JoeSunrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2002
    Aw, she says I rock. Awesome.

Anyway, major fun today. It was really nice being able to pick up a saber again. I really like the pacing and tone of this film, and like Devin and I were saying in the car ride home, this movie really is something special. We're gonna be the talk of the town once it's released. I hope you all have your movie star shades ready.

2. sacul-1138

sacul-1138 Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 9, 2000
    Hey NOW!! Don't I rock too? I wanna rock! ROCK!!

Thanks to T-Hawk for letting us invade her backyard today, great place to practice. Hope we cleaned everything up.

anyone else sore? even a little?

I have some idea's for swordless Joe's fight as well, but we'd need some more track for the dolly.

also we could have the Sith Lord put down his sword and fight hand to hand for a bit as well..any thoughts?

3. drippyzeo

drippyzeo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    Brawling sounds fun. I remember a bit about making that realistic from my high school play as well. We were pretty good, too: two of the cast members went at each other in the parking lot before rehearsal one afternoon and scared the crap out of everyone leaving school. They were faking it the whole time though, and both turned up to rehearsal without a scratch.

4. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    I'm down. Remember, you gotta pretty much break me down to an inch of my life. I still wanna do the hair grab thing.

I'm not really hurting much, but my hands are sore from gripping the hilt so hard.

5. qui-gundi_15

qui-gundi_15 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    the only thing i need to work on is DYING

6. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    Okay, now why didn't bring up the bare nuckle fighting while we were there??? SHeeesh!!!! More planning. Actually, I can see it now:

You two are locked together, then both energy blade, and sword go flying in different directions. You two lock in hand to hand combat for a but - kung fu style - then after a bit, you both run in the direction of your weapons and then take up the sword play again. I am sure we can do it. ;)

7. Deadpool

Deadpool Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    I only thought of it on the way home as I ran through my thoughts of the day.

could be fun, never been done that's for sure.

I hope Henry wasn't too much trouble, Roger had agreed to be my Henry wrangler for the day since my in-laws couldn't watch him...but he wasn't too much help, but I guess it was enough since we got things done.

I'll be Henry free next meeting and for filming. I thought with help I could have him there but it wont work

8. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Yeah, we seem to be hitting alot of first on this movie. ;)

Nawwwwwwww Henry was fine, he gave us some good tips on falling and 'face planting' ;)

9. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    That he does...little stunt man.

Hey I NEED SOMEONE TO PRANK CALL MY SHOW RIGHT NOW!!
    Kdvs 90.3fm
    (530) 752-2777

I want you to punk on DJ Swerve

Please please please

10. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Define punk??

11. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Okay, guess sacul got what he needed.

I updated the web site just a bit ('bout bloody time)

And I added an update to the film on the fanfilms page. I also put links to members pages on the cast list on that page. Check it out and lemme know what ya all think.
    fanfilms page

Aight meesa going to bed now okie day?

12. qui-gundi_15

Jan 22, 2003
    hey that looks great man. now we got to get drippy to do the symbol.

13. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    sorry I couldn't get back on to define punk, oh well.

I just wanted a prank call and have it geared torwards Pete (Swerve).

in words to punk him and not me.

any way Pete says he'd be in the Jedi Slaughter scene...which is fine he can wear my jedi outfit in one scene and I'll wear it in another real quick.

my thought on the hand to hand if we do this idea would be after I go after job like a hockey face psyhco, I either lose my weapon (due to joe removing it from my grip in some way) or I put it down and want to throw him a beating.
    we fight, I beat him good, but he wont stay down so I get my sword and move in for the kill.

easy peezy lemon squeezy

14. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    You ALL Rock!! :D The site looks great LDV. I can't wait until we start really shooting this thing. I'm going out to buy my movie star shades right now. ;)

15. drippyzeo

drippyzeo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    I think it would be cool for someone who loses their weapon to take on someone WITH their weapon.

Since this all revolves around the saber, probably not Joe. Maybe sacul could lose his sword briefly, and go after Joe while he still has his energy sword...kinda subtly saying that the energy sword isn't THAT intimidating.

16. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    But there is a problem with both you going hand to hand early on. Runn's Blade is connected to his belt, remember?

17. qui-gundi_15

Jan 22, 2003
    ok should we set dates for next meeting???

18. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    most definitely.

I think most people said next weekend was bad for them. Personally, I am free Mondays and Tuesdays after noon (until 7pm), most Saturdays until 7pm, and then later into November I am free after 4 Weds and Thurs as well. So my schedule is a bit weird, pick a day that sounds good for most people and we will see what happens. ;) Didn't we also want to do some morning shots at the Lake?

19. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    I'm free all week after 4:30.

for the hand to hand it would be after he loses the weapons power, either joe could make me lose mine or I could put it down.

then beat the snot out of him but he gets the light saber as I get my weapon and goes for the kill (still doing the summersault over the blade then killing me same as before)

20. qui-gundi_15

Jan 22, 2003
    weekdays after 4;30 is good for me too

21. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    Just talked to Kevin, he's down for the Republic Officer and Sith Knight parts. My buddy Richard also said he could help out with any ensemble parts.

22. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Coolness Joe!

A few things...

First, the connection on Tionne's TV must have been bad, because the film on my TV is crystal clear. I should have the choreographing done soon.

Second, I talked to the characters Lehma Fitsu, Thug #1 and the beheaded Jedi today. ;) Everyone is excited. As for the Jedi Temple seen, it will have to be on a Saturday night. Both Fitsu and Godric are free Saturday nights. I am going to get them together soon so they can rehearse their lines. I want them to get it right so that when we 'guerilla film' (sp) on the roof, we can get what we need quickly. I also have access to two more females who would be willing to be extras.

Third, I will be in Sac tomorrow, and on the way home, I will stop by that place I want to film the slaughter. I will post pictures tomorrow evening. Hopefully it will be what I want. My friend Josh has eliquently volunteered to be the Jedi who gets beheaded. And Ray is looking forward to getting sprayed in the face with blood. ;)

Fourth, I am going to JoAnn's tomorrow and buy some black nawgahide and start working on some breast plates and forearm pads for the Sith and maybe some extra protections for the Jedi.

pacman if you are lurking, I was wondering if you could PM me and let me know what you had in mind for the space ship so I can get started on designing the cockpit. Hope your project went smoothly Saturday. You were missed at the meeting.

Ok nigh nigh time

23. qui-gundi_15

Jan 22, 2003
    i'll come on sat. so i can be an extra jedi.

24. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    Devon, can we film the rooftop scene Saturday night?

I'm game to try if you are. I'm free all day Saturday to film or meet.

I think if all the parts are in place lets do this.

25. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Woa, umm I don't think everything will be ready for this coming Saturday for that particular scene.

The costumes are not done yet, my niece and nephew's are not done

The principle actors haven't studied their lines together yet

And didn't I hear that this weekend was bad for some?

Costumes and stuff are just not ready yet.

Besides, I thought we wanted to shoot the slaugter scene first.

Just tell me what you want Warp 11 to see and maybe we can improvise something, but as for shooting this movie, we aren't to that point yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.